Recent Topics

Ads

Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Yes
54%
No
46%
Total votes: 156

Akalukz

Re: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Post#41 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:03 pm

The devs desire a group game, but don't make the game group friendly, or even new player friendly at this point.
-= Agony =-

Ads
geezereur

Post#42 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:53 pm

Yes ofc they should can't believe they have not changed this yet.
Pugs just wont sign up for q on weekend event scs anymore.
6mans already got so many changes in there benefit.

Sulorie

Post#43 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:02 pm

licenje wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:53 pm 2 weeks ago saw AM in sc he was just geting 2 shot in sc, we where vs 2x 80+ full sov-war premade, i inspected him he was in lvl 35 gear with lvl 20 acc...
i asked him why hes not using lvl 38 acc form shop he had no idea they exsisted, he was new player first char on RoR i took 30 mins of my time gave him gold for 38 mount show him shops to upgrade cape and acc, gave him some 18-19 talis and gave him stack of armor pots, now he was geting 4 shot.Told him to que pug sc if he has no premade and such low gear but it was event time so no pug pops... Saw him a day after and never loged again donno if he stoped playing game or he made new char...

Thats new player exp in RoR you get 40 and ppl that play game for 6 years farm you, if you que pug sc there is no pop with event on...

So will you take that AM to your premade, fresh 40 no gear no rr ? If no we need PUG sc event, cos we are losing players cos 30 ppl that make premades are scared to face other premades... why are you making premade if not fight other premade ? or you just wona 2 shot ppl? its no noob frendly
That AM shouldn't be in t4 sc at all with that gear, shouldn't even be rank 40 without knowing where to get gear. This is pretty common in lower tiers as well. Those players get melted in midtier as well.
The problem isn't people entering t4 on new chars with low gear, because people twinking don't struggle like that, they move up the ranks and have soon another rr70+.
The problem is real new players, who don't dare to ask, have a huge lack of information. Even worse, if they are not that type of player, who actively seeks information.
You can progress without feeding kills, without being butchered in scenario by premades but you have to learn that.
But how to educate people, it's not like they read guides or pay attention to chat.
Dying is no option.

Akalukz

Post#44 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 pm

Big ass help screens and popups or mail items at certain intervals would be helpful. redo some of the loading screens with new player information. Mail a quest to a player at certain levels that will lead them to specific areas. Not optional queusts that they have to hunt, but quests that are right in thier face. Mount / Vendors / Difference between Medallions / Emblems / Coins etc.

I understand the staff is short handed, why not open up some avenues for people to help out. Wikis and forums are a thing of bygone area. Info needs to be on screen right in their face.
-= Agony =-

chise

Post#45 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:29 pm

Haven't they tried this couple weeks ago (idk if was intended), and them ppl just queued at the same time ?

But no prob. Devs can make put up a system that blocks more than one person or duo from same guild on the same scenario
or people with each other on friend list
or that play in same wb consistently

Expected queue time is now 190 minutes.

At least ranked will have some company is that grave

Justina

Post#46 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:36 pm

oilpourer wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:54 pm So I should be forced to play and win with random dogshit engi#5412, dragon gun wh#5941 and rof bw#5190203201310231293? How is that fair to me and the time I invest?
You wouldnt be facing premades either then... Thus if there are bad players on your side, there are probably also some on the enemy side... isn't that fair?

But I honestly think that they should do something about fresh lvl 40 players. They stand no chance vs high rr and well geared players. Maybe debolster them to the lower tier until they have a certain gear level, or bolster them a little. Just an idea. The gear gap and the being rolled makes a lot fresh lvl 40 quit or stop queuing. Sure there are easy to get armor sets now but you still need time to get them. Fresh level 40 players are thrown into a shark tank... Once they have reached rr60 and the first higher sets it's a lot easier. Experienced players know that, fresh players don't.

We need to encourage people to play SCs again. One thing is getting rid of that premade stomping, another thing is making it easier for fresh players.

malmar

Post#47 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:04 am

With recent nerf to rr gain it's even worse :)

oilpourer
Suspended

Post#48 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:58 pm

Justina wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:36 pm
oilpourer wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:54 pm So I should be forced to play and win with random dogshit engi#5412, dragon gun wh#5941 and rof bw#5190203201310231293? How is that fair to me and the time I invest?
You wouldnt be facing premades either then... Thus if there are bad players on your side, there are probably also some on the enemy side... isn't that fair?

But I honestly think that they should do something about fresh lvl 40 players. They stand no chance vs high rr and well geared players. Maybe debolster them to the lower tier until they have a certain gear level, or bolster them a little. Just an idea. The gear gap and the being rolled makes a lot fresh lvl 40 quit or stop queuing. Sure there are easy to get armor sets now but you still need time to get them. Fresh level 40 players are thrown into a shark tank... Once they have reached rr60 and the first higher sets it's a lot easier. Experienced players know that, fresh players don't.

We need to encourage people to play SCs again. One thing is getting rid of that premade stomping, another thing is making it easier for fresh players.
I've solo queued to level chars as I missed the golden era of powerleveling and unsurprisingly not only is Order getting farmed but people are still leveling ranged dps to this day. Event scenarios at 40 are also not just 6 players. I can see the other 6+ on my team and I'm not impressed. While they aren't needed to spawn farm the enemy team, their only purpose is to hold the flag.

Ads
Lawmay

Post#49 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:39 pm

"I just want to pub stomp". Just say it! The disingenuousness of pretending otherwise is what bothers me. Just. Say. It. If you didn't just want that, logically you would be arguing to have both separate solo queue and premade queue. Since I almost never see premade/voice com types arguing for that, it leads me to believe that they just want free wins.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#50 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Some of the premades are bored when fighting against pugs and try to be done with it asap.
Other spawncamp without taking any flag, cause of that behavior i support the idea of having a pug event sc.