Recent Topics

Ads

Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Yes
54%
No
46%
Total votes: 156

Mruvka

Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:09 am

Hello,

Here is my opinion on this:

A lot of players have neither the time, nor the desire to form and coordinate premades for weekend scenarios. They just have occasional slots of 30-40 minutes in-between other activities on the weekend and want to log in for a quick SC queue and have fun. Hopefully, also manage to get the event reward to stay competitive throughout the week.

This is all good and well, but the reality you are faced with as a PUG player on a weekend is brutal. Renown and XP increases on the Event scenario attract guild premades of BiS-geared veterans coupled with fresh recruits, who are essentially being boosted through a 4-5 hour merciless farm of PUG compositions during the weekend. If that happens during the time of the day you have set aside for playing, you are pretty much screwed.

I fully understand that this is a group-oriented game and that forming teams should come first. However, I do think that if you want a group-based experience there are plenty of options - keeps, forts, cities, public quests. Of course, if you want the team experience in a scenario, there are ranked scenarios also.

Personally, I think that forming a premade with the sole purpose of farming casual players during a weekend event is not only dishonourable, but also damaging to the prospects of growing the player base. A lot of players just quit, angry and frustrated, and never come back to the game after such an experience.

I think that making event scenarios solo queue only will attract and retain more of the players who have limited time to play. The weekend-event scenario massacres are not for the faint of heart, and are quite discouraging to new players. They may not feel included and motivated to play, which negates the whole point of the "event".

What do you think?

Regards,

Mruvka
Last edited by Mruvka on Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Ads
Detangler

Re: Make Weekend Event Scenario Solo Queue (PUG) Only

Post#2 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:19 am

Most of my play time is limited to about an hour session most weekend days. I pop an armor pot and stat pot, /5 LF scenario, and join up if someone needs my class. usually about the time the pot runs out i need to get up and go do chores and stuff. a lot of PUG groups i meet are completely fine with only joining for a few games. try it!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Panodil

Re: Should Weekend-Event Scenarios be Solo Queue (PUG) Only?

Post#3 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:24 am

Make it ranked soloq then. Orherwise no thank you.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

skylinx

Post#4 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:29 am

I would rather see it be a 'balanced' pop over a 'pug' pop. Having only one or two tanks or healers is game over. Ideally i would rather see 'balanced pug' pops, although I get the argument in regards to queue times for dps, maybe it would make some players think about the class and role they play. It's also quite obvious that one faction has far more active tanks and healers as this is also reflected in city pops and if its pure pug sc pops you will get far more order comps of dps vs more balanced comps from destro.

noobwarrior

Post#5 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:47 am

it should as well. for sollo players. be possible without meeting premade grp's..!
because. solo players there are more than you think ..
and you. like me always have the ass card

Panodil

Post#6 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:05 am

Just want to add that this weekend event is a carrot to make people group up. I feel like it is working, otherwise our guild would proboly not make groups over the weekend.
I like event like it is, sure.. a bit hard on soloplayers, but i would never heal a soloq pug sc ever. Healing random soloq pugs is the worst part of the game that i have not done in years outside soloq ranked.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:10 am

Another solo-order farmed by groups in a mmo??

I dont want to play solo-q, hate that playstyle...instead, i really like to play with my friends/guildies => should i be punished for that in a group-oriented game?

So, you think that discourage grouping in a mmo SOMEHOW is good fot the community...yes, sure that promoting soloplay and punish group-play will help the long term community...

Also...You dont need the event reward to "stay competitive"

zulnam

Post#8 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:40 am

Think we go through this once a month. My vote: no.

I made an extensive list on how to complete the SC event in the other thread on Praag, most of which applies to other scenarios as well, but the main takeaway is you don't need to win the event SC to actually complete the events.

Also, after logging on the Mara yesterday for the event, I was reminded how much more active and lively destro /5 is. The difference is literally measurable. And they don't even form hardcore premades. They just form groups because they are overpopulated so queueing solo means almost zero pops at certain hours.

Order needs a better grouping mentality. Joining a party for scenarios does not mean you are commited to playing 5 hours with discord requirement. You can have chill and casual groups that boost your chances of winning slightly (those scary destro hardcore premades are not 24/7 in scenarios, you can win). I will not pretend like I am not as fault here as well like everybody else, so I will actually try to start making casual SC groups when I am playing. Even if it's just for an hour (3-4 SCs), it's better to play in teams rather than alone.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#9 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:43 am

Ban ppl from events cuz they dare to form group? No.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:46 am

zulnam wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:40 am Think we go through this once a month. My vote: no.

I made an extensive list on how to complete the SC event in the other thread on Praag, most of which applies to other scenarios as well, but the main takeaway is you don't need to win the event SC to actually complete the events.

Also, after logging on the Mara yesterday for the event, I was reminded how much more active and lively destro /5 is. The difference is literally measurable. And they don't even form hardcore premades. They just form groups because they are overpopulated so queueing solo means almost zero pops at certain hours.

Order needs a better grouping mentality. Joining a party for scenarios does not mean you are commited to playing 5 hours with discord requirement. You can have chill and casual groups that boost your chances of winning slightly (those scary destro hardcore premades are not 24/7 in scenarios, you can win). I will not pretend like I am not as fault here as well like everybody else, so I will actually try to start making casual SC groups when I am playing. Even if it's just for an hour (3-4 SCs), it's better to play in teams rather than alone.
Joining a /5 group, setting a MA and playing following your group = HARDCORE-TRYHARD PREMADE