Recent Topics

Ads

[Appearances]Adding or re-adding unique appearances.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sighy

[Appearances]Adding or re-adding unique appearances.

Post#1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:56 am

Hello, i know that not everyone is particularly enthused about the idea of fashionhammer, however there are things, which just add that sort of flair to things. The unique look, which really allows us to showcase an unique identity of our characters. There have been items, in this game that allowed people to truly branch out into different looks and styles, even if they could look a little off or even janky, at times. this is purely cosmetic stuff mind you so it wouldn't affect the RvR, in any non cosmetic way. This suggestion can be applied to all races and classes, but i am going to focus on the Dark Elves specifically, because i play them the most and they basically have the same skeleton rig across all classes(might even share it with HEs), as far as i could tell.

Now onto the fun things some concepts, in no particular order:

Witch Elves, with spears.
Coming straight from Clar Karond the city of beasts and the center of Anath Raema's Worship is the first suggestion, which in the lore exists, in all but name it's basically all done on Blackguards, in terms of rigging, animations, models, etc. Only thing that would require some tweaking is adding up the stats from 2 daggers into a 2h weapon, with fast attack speed value since this is meant to be a cosmetic variant.

Witch Elves, with swords
ImageImageImage
The good old favourite, which i should think needs no introduction and basically recycles DoK visual assets, in regards to the animations, models, etc. (Since DoKs are a lore abortion born from the Witch Elf theme there really is no reason to not give this option to Witches) (statless purely cosmetc suffices)

Disciples of Khaine, Blackguards and Witch Elves, with Draichs(Greatswords)
ImageImageImage
Now this suggestion takes us to Khainite Executioners, who are admittedly traditionally heavy plate wearing infantry(hence Blackgurard included in suggestion) and overall very thematic to both of our Khaine worshipping classes we know and love, in the DPS specs specifically. It would take form of an unique item for both WEs and DoKs, where the stats are added up, with the attack speed and parry added/subtracted accordingly. (for Blackguard it can just be statless and purely cosmetic) I will admit that this suggestion relies on the Dark Elves and High Elves sharing a skeleton rig, for their animations to borrow from their Swordmaster of Hoeth bretheren(who could get Glaives to be Phoenix Guard, if the logic holds)

Disciple of Khaine/Witch Elf Khainite Assassin garb
While stealthy Witch Elves are a huge departure from the lore it is what we've got so they may as well have the option to look the part, of their brothers and sisters, who indeed are very sneaky The Khainite Assassins. Now there are rumors of a certain Dev only cosmetic set, which basically does that, however this suggestion is more in regards to suggesting the Shadow Warrior head slot option of hood and mask. (statless purely cosmetic suffices)

Sorceresses, with offhand weapons.(dagger and sword)
ImageImage
It is very common, for Sorceresses of Ghrond to wield staff in one hand and sword or dagger, in another. Only downside of this i can see is Staff being classed as two handed, which i do not know how difficult it would be to plausibly adjust to allow for this cosmetic option. Alternative could be adding one of the cosmetic trinket positions into offhand place i suppose. But even the most significant Sorceress of the lore has Sword and Staff.

The sets, which allowed players to adopt the looks of other classes, which were removed also deserve a mention

Magus, with offhand sword
It technically is in the cinematic ;P (jokes aside It would be really cool)

I'd also like to give credit to SeanJeanquoi's amazing thread on Dark Elf and Beastmen troop concepts https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/ ... -lord-pack. He has done some amazing research into the old, odd and the obscure Dark elf lore.

If you have ideas for customisation of even other races/classes like the aforementioned Phoenix Guard or perhaps spears for for Shadow Warriors post it, in the comments.

Ads
zulnam

Re: [Appearances]Adding or re-adding unique appearances.

Post#2 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:19 pm

All in favour of more cosmetical choices. I imagine the stuff that requires item tweaking (offhand for sorcs, 2h spear for WEs) would be harder to do, but some of the other stuff is already in the game and on NPCs (blackguard with 2H sword comes to mind, same for SM with spear).

Maybe if we did examples like this for more classes we could convince the devs to put it in the backlog.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

space44

Post#3 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:04 pm

+ we need more variety with fashion for all classes. nothing looks unique anymore with everything looking the same but just slightly more art put into it to make it a little fancier. special cape models, more weapon appearances, or even make cross career appearances come back now that players have an option to ONLY see the raw armor.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Drednes

Post#4 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:26 pm

fashionhammer is omni important and yes i agree that the appearances (especially kobs gear-everything below 40) looks too meh/basic and there are too many bland early sets

i remember when keeper set had (at least for kobs) the now onslought appearance and a Big plus was that it had a blue dye as a base color! it looked amazing compared to...whatever clown **** keeper is now

unique stuff like that is unfortunately gone but it is a massive pain to create more sets becouse if they dont make them only appearance (then some of the comunity will just ignore it compleatly) they would need to add the currency and what rank would it ocupy,plus what rr will drop it,Plus add it to bags of that renown rank

would be a pain to add but yea im all for it fashionhammer is the lifeblood for this game for me
im only playing it to get the Tyrant set for kobs to transmog it and i will be done with this game (in a way at least)

Bignusty

Post#5 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:12 pm

The shadowblade stuff appearance for witch elves is named assassin but i dont know how you can get it in game just saw a player whit full assassin skin for his WE

sighy

Post#6 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:59 pm

Bignusty wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:12 pm The shadowblade stuff appearance for witch elves is named assassin but i dont know how you can get it in game just saw a player whit full assassin skin for his WE
You saw a dev. Normal players can't access that set.

normanis

Post#7 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:34 am

huntress and draichs the best ( u can see draich armor on npc ingame (very possible))
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

nocturnalguest

Post#8 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:59 am

Fashionhammer is life.
I dream of all the Hammerers gear (that is already in game) being available for Ironbreaker.

Ads