Recent Topics

Ads

Remove Mara/SW stance swap CD

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
ByzantineTime
Suspended

Re: Remove Mara/SW stance swap CD

Post#11 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:43 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:18 pm I highly disagree with your proposition.
If anything, less stuff should be stance locked and stances themselves should provide more bonuses [like assault does] so swapping between them would give more benefits rather just unlocking stuff for cast, as you already can "bypass" it with NB...
But with your approach you just make it more mirror some, instead of the original uniqueness this game was intended with.
We already have Squig Armor, SW stances, + squig stances, with added bonuses, and WL if u want to count little bonuses, so why more? besides I think Mara already have enough bonuses, just the 5 sec CD between stances is a problem.

Also, with your approach by giving more benefits under a single stance, means you discourage swapping between them, and as mara this is necessary, that's why I made this thread to avoid that.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#12 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:38 pm

ByzantineTime wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:43 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:18 pm I highly disagree with your proposition.
If anything, less stuff should be stance locked and stances themselves should provide more bonuses [like assault does] so swapping between them would give more benefits rather just unlocking stuff for cast, as you already can "bypass" it with NB...
But with your approach you just make it more mirror some, instead of the original uniqueness this game was intended with.
We already have Squig Armor, SW stances, + squig stances, with added bonuses, and WL if u want to count little bonuses, so why more? besides I think Mara already have enough bonuses, just the 5 sec CD between stances is a problem.

Also, with your approach by giving more benefits under a single stance, means you discourage swapping between them, and as mara this is necessary, that's why I made this thread to avoid that.
It discourange swapping only if bonuses in one stance are better than in others [assault vs others]. Stance dancing on Mara isn't any problem atm as well.

agemennon675

Post#13 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:41 pm

NB can bypass the effort required for stance swapping, I personally dont use NB so I avoid stance classes because I experienced other classes can achieve easier and more potent results with easier gameplay. But usually when balancing stuff concerned people usually ignore the hard to play part for example SM/BO cooldown reducers, one needs a target other just cast it randomly or how Heaven's Blade where SM needs to hit a target to get one unique resist while BO can get all kind of resist by getting hit/staying around, so yeah Why gimp yourself while you can choose easier stuff ? TL,DR re-roll
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#14 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:57 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:41 pm NB can bypass the effort required for stance swapping, I personally dont use NB so I avoid stance classes because I experienced other classes can achieve easier and more potent results with easier gameplay. But usually when balancing stuff concerned people usually ignore the hard to play part for example SM/BO cooldown reducers, one needs a target other just cast it randomly or how Heaven's Blade where SM needs to hit a target to get one unique resist while BO can get all kind of resist by getting hit/staying around, so yeah Why gimp yourself while you can choose easier stuff ? TL,DR re-roll
Why should I play classes I dont enjoy? I like Mara and I want him to be fixed.

If stance swap won't be fixed, at least give mara a self heal besides monstro proc. All dps / mdps classes in this game have some sort of self heal besides Mara.

Mara on live from my understanding had the self heal from deadly clutch tactic, receiving heals from potions, I don't understand why this is not available here.

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#15 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:08 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:38 pm
ByzantineTime wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:43 pm

It discourange swapping only if bonuses in one stance are better than in others [assault vs others]. Stance dancing on Mara isn't any problem atm as well.
It is a problem, maybe you can make it work to get the abilities, but once you swap stance the proc from a specific gift is gone, I believe this should get fixed as well, to stay until the duration ends regardless of your current stance.
Let's say I am in gift of savagery, I procced the buff, switched to brut->, brut buff proced, now I have brut + sav proc should be fine. Once sav proc is over, then only brut stays. This won't change much but it is a little buff and I believe it should work this way.

agemennon675

Post#16 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:22 pm

ByzantineTime wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:57 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:41 pm NB can bypass the effort required for stance swapping, I personally dont use NB so I avoid stance classes because I experienced other classes can achieve easier and more potent results with easier gameplay. But usually when balancing stuff concerned people usually ignore the hard to play part for example SM/BO cooldown reducers, one needs a target other just cast it randomly or how Heaven's Blade where SM needs to hit a target to get one unique resist while BO can get all kind of resist by getting hit/staying around, so yeah Why gimp yourself while you can choose easier stuff ? TL,DR re-roll

If stance swap won't be fixed, at least give mara a self heal besides monstro proc. All dps / mdps classes in this game have some sort of self heal besides Mara.

Mara on live from my understanding had the self heal from deadly clutch tactic, receiving heals from potions, I don't understand why this is not available here.
Which other mdps have self heal(a meaningful self heal that is better than mara monstro or healdebuff tactic heal) ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#17 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:04 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:22 pm

Which other mdps have self heal(a meaningful self heal that is better than mara monstro or healdebuff tactic heal) ?
The healdebuff tactic only heals you if the target is getting healed, not from potions, just regular heals it's unreliable.
Monstro proc isn't that of a useful heal, unless you run deftard and if you are a deftard mara you don't really deal damage, so why pick a dps class then?

Other mdpsers that have better selfheal:
MSH
Chop
Slayer
WH
WE

all besides assault SW + WL, although WL has a selfheal tactic which isn't good as well, WL has a pet + can be tankier, much more burstier, mobile, over all different.
ASW is tankier, than any dps build mara.

lyncher12

Post#18 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:38 pm

while I don't agree with your suggestion, its going to fall on deaf ears here. the forum is mainly order trolls.

Ads
agemennon675

Post#19 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:05 am

ByzantineTime wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:04 pm

The healdebuff tactic only heals you if the target is getting healed, not from potions, just regular heals it's unreliable.
Monstro proc isn't that of a useful heal, unless you run deftard and if you are a deftard mara you don't really deal damage, so why pick a dps class then?

MSH
Chop
Slayer
WH
WE

all besides assault SW + WL, although WL has a selfheal tactic which isn't good as well, WL has a pet + can be tankier, much more burstier, mobile, over all different.
Not trying to offend you or anything but while there are mdps with “NO” “0” self healing in the game your argument about mara needing more self healing is kinda weak isnt it ? Anyway I agree that stance gated abilities making mara/sw gameplay limiting but the solution to that is not giving more self healing to these classes, we have healers in this game dps doesnt need that

ByzantineTime
Suspended

Post#20 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:34 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:05 am
ByzantineTime wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:04 pm

MSH
Chop
Slayer
WH
WE

Not trying to offend you or anything but while there are mdps with “NO” “0” self healing in the game your argument about mara needing more self healing is kinda weak isnt it ? Anyway I agree that stance gated abilities making mara/sw gameplay limiting but the solution to that is not giving more self healing to these classes, we have healers in this game dps doesnt need that
What is your counter argument besides not trying to offend me?
You asked to give me what other mdps classes have better self heal than mara and I told you.

Because stance dancing isn't viable right now proc breaks as soon as you switch a stance, you can't get any self heal besides limiting your self to AOE / def tard mara.
Anyway, self heal dps classes can't compete with any healer obviously so I don't see why it can't be a nice solution. a healer hot is much stronger than a self heal for a dps class.
if you compare mara to a healer, 200 heal/sec = 1 hot from a dps healer. a true healer hot is much more than that.

My suggestion was to what you said earlier if they won't fix stance dancing (5sec cd) then least they can fix the proc so it won't vanish as soon as you switch stance, to what I suggested in my previous comment, and also add heal to deadly clutch that you will receive 50% from all heals including potions etc, ( That is how it was on live btw ).