Recent Topics

Ads

Trivial Blows Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wachlarz

Re: Trivial Blows Feedback

Post#31 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:42 pm

wonshot wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:13 pm
kak932 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:23 pm How tf is bw/sorc supposed to spec out of crit damage it's their class mechanic and on most end game gear sets.... !?
That, is a really good question.
BW/Sorc classmechanic is insane, no other way around it. but at the same time Mytic made it so our none crits are dealing some of the lowest nonecrit damage between the careers.
If the target of the TB patch was to lower the "chance" of critting, how on earth didnt you(devs) not just put a softcap on critchance or add diminishing returns :shock:

Because as this poster above me correctly points out, we are locked in this situation where we need to crit to do meaningful damage. Because of how our abilities are tuned to keep the classmechanic somewhat in check.
We can still only spec Mainstats + critchance offensively, but our targets now have 3 exelent defensive options to spec against us.
FS, Deftdefender, and now TB.
Yes TB is an expensive option, but it is still an option!

We are quite litterally stuck with the same offensive build, and now even more countering is added against us.
Are we getting an option to spec into "Resist penetration" next patch??

We have for a while been pushed out of most endgame pvp, Ranked is so melee dominated that even the ranked archtypes who have the chance to go a melee build will do so (mSH, aSW, engineer to some extend) Healers are going with shields when they can, and tanks are going for melee damage 2handers. Are we still believing this is not a complet melee meta?

And yes Rangeddamagedealers are an issue when there is a funnel situation, but that is a funnel issue and not really a rdps issue tbh.
So are we balacing around funnels now, or actually 2-2-2 pvp in city / ranked? Because this Trivialblows addition just screams that one of the active devs have been hanging out too long in voicecoms with a certain slayer who have a grudge out for Ranged archtypes.

Fine take our burst, but present us an alternative build path.

(12+ hours of playtime on the Patch in soloroaming, pug wbs, closedwarbands, scenarios, city sieges on BW)
So generaly U want make this same dmg with Tb implemented and not implemented. So what the point of Tb ? All other classes make less crit dmg fine but a "Magic" Bw or Sorc must crit for 30% of enemy hp ?

Ads
Krima

Post#32 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:49 pm

jughurta69 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:36 pm si quelqu'un peu traduire

Les spe burst sans element defensif sont encore plus penalisé , deja elle sont plus dure a jouer car demande une autre lecture que les spe tanky qui peuvent inc et prendre place au combat en faisant beaucoup moins attention a son positionnement etc..

la possibilité de diminuer par des passif est trop problematique et prejudiciable.
Pourquoi pas un buff de quelques secondes sur long CD , voir une moral 3 sur 8s ou 10s

WE/WH avec en moyenne 35% et un tactic degats crit pour accentué le burst en gros vous leur dites ben désolé pour vous . Vous etes deja fragile , en positionnel mais en plus vos crit ne feront plus rien ...
I dont agree.. as a WE/WH I dont mind TB.

It will require more skill to play stealth class now.

CRIT tactic should be core.. would be nice also.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

wonshot

Post#33 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:07 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:42 pm So generaly U want make this same dmg with Tb implemented and not implemented. So what the point of Tb ? All other classes make less crit dmg fine but a "Magic" Bw or Sorc must crit for 30% of enemy hp ?
I dont enjoy the "all-or-nothing" timestamp playstyle, in the first place. And if bw/sorc were presented with a more consistant approach, or even just with an other option that was not based around "you must crit" then i think we would avoid having these careers in this "either its too overpowered or its underpowered" because when the class can only timestamp, that timestamping needs to be balance to a point where you dont oneshot when undergeared, but at the same time you bring enough burst to make a case of being a viable pick over someone bring consistant damage presure.

Allowing these careers to only having a crit option playstyle, and then nerfing it directly with no other option to adjust to is naturally going to create this reaction from the caster-community.
All I am asking, is that we atleast have an alternative as i dont think nerfing 60%critchance is bad by any means.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Caduceus

Post#34 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:32 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:42 pm

So generaly U want make this same dmg with Tb implemented and not implemented. So what the point of Tb ? All other classes make less crit dmg fine but a "Magic" Bw or Sorc must crit for 30% of enemy hp ?

30% is pretty much the bare minimum of what DPS classes should be able to burst. How else are things going to die in 6v6?

What, you think 25% is more acceptable? Two DPS classes bursting at full potential would still leave 50% HP left. Who is going to take that down? Should that be up to the two glass cannon tanks to each take their 25% as well? Guess what's wrong with that picture. :lol:
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

jykn
Banned

Post#35 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Laelthrin wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:13 pm All the people here at complaining about trivial blows, do you think everyone will spec trivial blows? Come on, that will not be the case. The only thing you will prolly not see when you crit on a char that has full trivial blows is that you will not hit him anymore for more then 2K. So please all stop crying, you will still do more then enough damage.
I'm actually trying FS3+TB4+4K armor on my mSH and still get high crits by cheat classes : 1k5 by WH, 2K5 by SW etc.. So yep stop crying you still -too- OP

Sulorie

Post#36 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Caduceus wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:32 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:42 pm

30% is pretty much the bare minimum of what DPS classes should be able to burst. How else are things going to die in 6v6?

What, you think 25% is more acceptable? Two DPS classes bursting at full potential would still leave 50% HP left. Who is going to take that down? Should that be up to the two glass cannon tanks to each take their 25% as well? Guess what's wrong with that picture. :lol:
Add well timed punts and CC on enemy healers and you have a picture. 6vs6 is already about CC first and foremost, as damage is healed otherwise, if 2 equal teams are fighting. Burst is usually not enough, unless the enemy team has a weak link.
Dying is no option.

Caduceus

Post#37 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:23 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:00 pm

Add well timed punts and CC on enemy healers and you have a picture. 6vs6 is already about CC first and foremost, as damage is healed otherwise, if 2 equal teams are fighting. Burst is usually not enough, unless the enemy team has a weak link.

Yes, of course all of that is true. But that doesn't detract from the fact that burst is needed to kill targets in 6v6, and that is somehow going to involve bringing a target from 100%ish to 0% in a short amount of time.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Arcrival

Post#38 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 pm

TB should mitigate only the damage gained from the crit. Example If an ability hits for 600 you crit for 900 then the bonus crit damage is 300 TB reduces 40% of 300 so -120 damage making your hit 780. I am trying to check it but seemed higher than that.
It looks like it is doing total damage from crit hit so above example 900 * 40% which brings your hit down to 540.
Can one of you smart people tell me how it works or where to pull the correct info?
It's OK to heal a Slayer! :mrgreen:

Ads
Onigokko0101

Post#39 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:57 pm

Arcrival wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 pm TB should mitigate only the damage gained from the crit. Example If an ability hits for 600 you crit for 900 then the bonus crit damage is 300 TB reduces 40% of 300 so -120 damage making your hit 780. I am trying to check it but seemed higher than that.
It looks like it is doing total damage from crit hit so above example 900 * 40% which brings your hit down to 540.
Can one of you smart people tell me how it works or where to pull the correct info?
It reduces the damage of the full hit, atleast it did on live.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Bloodmasked

Post#40 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:36 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:57 pm
Arcrival wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 pm TB should mitigate only the damage gained from the crit. Example If an ability hits for 600 you crit for 900 then the bonus crit damage is 300 TB reduces 40% of 300 so -120 damage making your hit 780. I am trying to check it but seemed higher than that.
It reduces the damage of the full hit, atleast it did on live.
It only reduces the bonus damage. So I think its only worth considering using vs classes/specs that have a 2x multiplier or greater.