Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestions!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nat3s

Suggestions!

Post#1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:19 am

Invader stat and set bonuses revisited and improved
  • The set is now designed to be a true bridge set between Vanq and Sov to help close the gap between those with Sov and those without
  • Intent is for all classes to feel good about the Invader grind and have a set as appealing as Slayer/Choppa to look forward to earning!
Gunbad Redeye unlock no longer a requirement for pve progression, players are now free to earn and equip Sentinel.
  • Intended to provide more of leg up to newer players by being able to earn a competitive set from pve
  • Removes the monotony of having to re-grind Gunbad for vets
Renown points are now earned up to rr100
  • With the Sov gap closed via the Invader itemisation improvements and with the addition of TB, rr100 feels less risky
  • Provides a much needed goal to vets to strive for and hopefully bring back players that left having "completed" the game
Weekly WB arena tournaments introduced using that funny arena we spent all that time creating.
  • Provides an alternative means to earn ranked gear for those that dislike to 6v6 queues
  • Incentivises guild coordinated play to help build those social connections which underpin MMOs!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: Patch Notes 20/03/21 - Suggestions!

Post#2 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:26 am

Instead of removing Redeye ward, it would be more smarter to make Redeye better armor set for more classes.

agemennon675

Post#3 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:31 am

Instead of removing gunbad ward we can get it account wide so everyone at least have to do it once or is that off limits too much ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

nat3s

Post#4 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:38 pm

Sounds good to me!
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Sulorie

Post#5 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:48 pm

nat3s wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:19 am Renown points are now earned up to rr100
  • With the Sov gap closed via the Invader itemisation improvements and with the addition of TB, rr100 feels less risky
  • Provides a much needed goal to vets to strive for and hopefully bring back players that left having "completed" the game
Yeah, give more renown points to make it even less of a no-brainer to spec TB. With cap at 80 it's at least a hard pick. If people leave, because there is no progression in power, then it's their free choice. No reason to mess up balance because of their feelings.
Dying is no option.

zulnam

Post#6 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:55 pm

Wouldn't improving invader reduce the gap between invader and sov but also increase it between conq/vanq and invader? So you'e not really fixing the gear gap issue, you're just passing it over to those below you. :lol:

I heard some people complain about their poor invader sets, but it's hard to discern what is genuine feedback from more complaining. From all the classes I've played, the only one that seems to have a somewhat weak Invader set is Mara; but this is only because of meta being AoE spec and the invader set seems aimed for ST. A bit of a downer, but not a game breaker. After all, meta SH is melee, but you still get 15 range from the set.

Agree with M0rw47h on Redeye, it would be nice if the set would be made a bit more useful; atm I don't know anyone who equips it on pickup, even Conq players. Maybe someone uses it and can enlighten us.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

nat3s

Post#7 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:34 pm

zulnam wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:55 pm Wouldn't improving invader reduce the gap between invader and sov but also increase it between conq/vanq and invader? So you'e not really fixing the gear gap issue, you're just passing it over to those below you. :lol:

2 pieces of Vanq are now BoE, add to that the ability to go straight to Sent and I think the gap closes to Invader. Sent access also brings with it the tier1 Sent inf weapons which will similarly help close the gap.

Ultimately gear is a progression system, I don't think you're ever going to make conq compete with Vanq/Invader/Sent so raise the starting level a bit, which i think the above does, and let the gearing feel like a linear increase rather than the exponential power creep we have now?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman

Naelar

Re: Suggestions!

Post#8 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:25 pm

RP/Zealot invader set is arguably worse than vanq.

Ads