Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] We need to do something about the pet low survival

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Artighur

Re: [WL] We need to do something about the pet low survival

Post#41 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm

space44 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:57 am So far all I read is "I cant control my pet"... dude the easier and more effective option is to go loner you'll do significantly more damage without the pet and you wont need to get a headache when you send your pet into something suicidal and then share that headache with everyone else.
I have a WL and I despised having the pet I just felt like it was a hassle and as soon as I got the loner tactic it was a huge upgrade I didn't need to rely on my pet in fights and it lets me do a lot more damage. Not to mention loner is what your supposed to spec into for city and warbands.
So you are saying that I should L2P while admitting that you never used your pet either because it sucked too much ... Right :)

I almost never run with my pet too, because, as you said, it's a hassle for little to no gain. All I want is either to make this hassle less annoying or the utility worth the hassle. You know, give WL build diversity instead of being locked in the same AoE build that everybody runs as soon as there is more than 12 person on the battlefield.

Giving the pet AoE immunity would go in that way, it would prevent it from dying from mindless AoE without making it actually tough (my pet has less than 200 tough and 600 wounds, it's not hard to kill in ST), it doesn't give the WL more utility than it has now (I suspect most would still play Loner so they don't really have to deal with it at all). It seems like your objection is more toward you not wanting to L2P to deal with the Lion. I can respect that, spamming frontal AoE is hard work and it should be rewarded.
Bugging pets also giving benefits to you i assume. Got pulled by wl pets several times while there was no pet near by for me. Or while im sprinting they still faster then me and guess what.... they pulled me.
Both Charge and Speed Training make the Lion faster than Flee. That's the one thing the Lion is good at Catching fleeing targets in a small-scale fight. That's pretty niche for an ability that's supposed to be our class mechanic no?
Last edited by Artighur on Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artighor - WL 40/7x - Warband Leader for Vanguard Elite
Streaming Thursdays to Sundays nights (EST) at http://twitch.tv/artighur

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#42 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:54 pm

Again, do Paths increase pet stats like Career Builder suggests? Further, this is thanks to retarded Mythic design. This is why:

Premium War Lion damage stance is Trained to Kill. But TtK requires you to invest into defensive options so as not to get bursted(also true in PvE because if using Baited Strike, you will end up eating hits). Because the entire Path is designed so "you take hits, Lion hits". But, regardless of what YOU NEED, TtK translates STR and WS.

A similar argument could be made for "defensive pet stance", Trained to Threaten. It is designed to make your pet tank(and debuff) while you attack from a flank. Again, you will go for STR / WS / Crit, but...TtT translates TOUGH and WND to pet.

With that said, I always advocated doing something about this. It's just a weird, asymmetric design. Symmetry is good.

And this is all without even mentioning pathing and other net based issues.

In short, currently, Loner is a good choice. Even if it makes me, a Guardian-TtK fan, quite sad. But yeah, something needs to be done about the War Lion.

Rumpel

Post#43 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Sundowner wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:38 am
Rumpel wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 am Bugging pets also giving benefits to you i assume. Got pulled by wl pets several times while there was no pet near by for me. Or while im sprinting they still faster then me and guess what.... they pulled me.
They can be faster is WL also uses sprint it is shared with lion.
But the pet then only should as fast as im then? Or is their sprint stacking to the double? :D
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

space44

Post#44 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:41 pm

Artighur wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:28 pm
space44 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:57 am So far all I read is "I cant control my pet"... dude the easier and more effective option is to go loner you'll do significantly more damage without the pet and you wont need to get a headache when you send your pet into something suicidal and then share that headache with everyone else.
I have a WL and I despised having the pet I just felt like it was a hassle and as soon as I got the loner tactic it was a huge upgrade I didn't need to rely on my pet in fights and it lets me do a lot more damage. Not to mention loner is what your supposed to spec into for city and warbands.
So you are saying that I should L2P while admitting that you never used your pet either because it sucked too much ... Right :)

I almost never run with my pet too, because, as you said, it's a hassle for little to no gain. All I want is either to make this hassle less annoying or the utility worth the hassle. You know, give WL build diversity instead of being locked in the same AoE build that everybody runs as soon as there is more than 12 person on the battlefield.

Giving the pet AoE immunity would go in that way, it would prevent it from dying from mindless AoE without making it actually tough (my pet has less than 200 tough and 600 wounds, it's not hard to kill in ST), it doesn't give the WL more utility than it has now (I suspect most would still play Loner so they don't really have to deal with it at all). It seems like your objection is more toward you not wanting to L2P to deal with the Lion. I can respect that, spamming frontal AoE is hard work and it should be rewarded.
Bugging pets also giving benefits to you i assume. Got pulled by wl pets several times while there was no pet near by for me. Or while im sprinting they still faster then me and guess what.... they pulled me.
Both Charge and Speed Training make the Lion faster than Flee. That's the one thing the Lion is good at Catching fleeing targets in a small-scale fight. That's pretty niche for an ability that's supposed to be our class mechanic no?
giving pet aoe immunity will make the pets actually over powered, the reason why i chose to use loner is because i saw its an upgrade with damage not because it dies a lot. having pets immune to aoe will actually tank through 90% of the damage it will take in RvR sending in a your pet into a blob of enemies should have consequences and the consequence is the pet dies immediately and will have to respawn it in the middle of the fight. use loner for warband fights that way you can have a better damage boost and you wont have to fabricate and issue with poor pet management.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.