Recent Topics

Ads

[Poll]Do Devs hate pvp players? :)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should pvp reward the best gear?

No. Everything is fine. Move along.
45%
Yes, pve gear can't be flat out better without any pvp alternative (specifically BL weapon and sentinel Jewel and whatever is coming next).
36%
No, but pve gear should require less dungeon runs.
20%
Total votes: 87

Bloodmasked

Re: [Poll]Do Devs hate pvp players? :)

Post#11 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:13 pm

Just let me collect all of the sentinel talismans and change them easily so my Dok can actually play all 3 specs with different builds. Ability to remake epic quests and influence rewards decisions would be nice. The BB/BE 40g cost merchant is okay but thats very expensive if you want to swap them regularly. And I don't believe its possible to obtain Beastlord set after you delete it (because u thought it was no good).

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:37 pm

Do ranked sc, afaik you can buy talismans for sentinel jewel with ranked currency.
Dying is no option.

Bloodmasked

Post#13 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:37 pm Do ranked sc, afaik you can buy talismans for sentinel jewel with ranked currency.
Doesn't pop except in EU time. Plus it takes way too long to get if you want the gear and event slot item too.

Jinxypie

Post#14 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:14 am

You have to work for your gear either way, so it's fine by me. Just because it's pvp game doesn't mean pve gear should be freebie.
Btw that 5% edge that would let you kill stuff would get you killed in some cases too(less defense).

2c
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

HarkonenTimber

Post#15 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:37 am

Devs do not hate pvp players. What they do hate is proper itemization on sovereign sets, damn whoever was responsible for that should never touch stat allocation ever again.
Doyoustretch - BO

abezverkhiy

Post#16 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:29 am

Jeez you have to change your guild. I mean you are seriously in a wrong one! I go to dungeons with my guildies but I would say pve doesn't take more than 5% of total time.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Fey

Post#17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:42 am

Compared to live RoR pve is baby-town frolics. Just thinking about all the Sentinel, Lost Vale, and ToVL runs I did one one friggen character still gives me hives years later.

Non-RoG drops alone is a fantastic change, and the repeatable quests are also helpful. I think you just belong to an organized guild.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Toshutkidup

Post#18 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:44 am

Only issue I have is for someone like me that plays to pvp, not pve in my mind in a pvp based mmorpg pve shouldnt be the best gear in a pvp environment. I have no issue with having dungeons and gear itself, just fact that the gear ( some ) is best gear and is obtained via non pvp methods but is best in pvp.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Sofong

Post#19 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:59 am

i cant see why i have to pve to get BiS items like BL weap for dps.... this is a pvp game after all, pve gear should not be better than pvp gear imo.

licenje

Post#20 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 am

6 x75+ chars, 2 x85+ chars and 0 senti rings... 0 bl axe... did ct when they came out god knows when 1 time was bugy mess, did my second run 3 weeks ago still bugy mess... wont do that ever again... sux i cant get gear, sux even more that bis gear is locked behind pve content... i dont mind paying 10k vanq and 10k oppresors if they give me shop for ring....