Recent Topics

Ads

Crit/power talimans

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alubert

Crit/power talimans

Post#1 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:00 am

TB is in the game.
Now its time to bring back "shoulders" crit talismans and gloves power talismans.
More build options its better.
Like TB vs FS. Good to have option.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Mergrim

Re: Crit/power talimans

Post#2 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am

Yea and change all sove dps bonus(tank/healer alternative to):
4th-15% crit dmg
7th-9%crit chance 12%crit dmg proc
Similar to magius set.

Alubert

Post#3 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Mergrim wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:08 am Yea and change all sove dps bonus(tank/healer alternative to):
4th-15% crit dmg
7th-9%crit chance 12%crit dmg proc
Similar to magius set.
Agree
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:58 pm

To be honest mate, those were no options but must have talismans, if you could get them. :)
Sure, great to have but IMO they add no net value to the game, as they will just create a gap between those who can obtain them and those who don't.
One could argue, that having sentinel talismans is similar but then again those are added to certain game content with a replay value to keep the content active for newer players.
Those crit/power talismans would need to add a similar incentive to play a certain content. Just flat stat increase would be bad.
Dying is no option.

sighy

Post#5 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:10 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:58 pm To be honest mate, those were no options but must have talismans, if you could get them. :)
Sure, great to have but IMO they add no net value to the game, as they will just create a gap between those who can obtain them and those who don't.
One could argue, that having sentinel talismans is similar but then again those are added to certain game content with a replay value to keep the content active for newer players.
Those crit/power talismans would need to add a similar incentive to play a certain content. Just flat stat increase would be bad.
Could be applied to Hunter's Vale or Lost Vale potentially. But casters perhaps could use a new stat to play with instead, which would be their version of Weapon Skill.

Manatikik

Post#6 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:18 pm

sighy wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:10 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:58 pm To be honest mate, those were no options but must have talismans, if you could get them. :)
Could be applied to Hunter's Vale or Lost Vale potentially. But casters perhaps could use a new stat to play with instead, which would be their version of Weapon Skill.

I doubt they would ever add a secondary caster stat. You’d have to re-stat every set in the game for casters AND have to raise the soft cap of resists higher (like the 75% armor has) and every caster main would whine very hard that they didn’t have easy mode damage anymore.
<Montague><Capulet>

sighy

Post#7 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:58 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:18 pm

I doubt they would ever add a secondary caster stat. You’d have to re-stat every set in the game for casters AND have to raise the soft cap of resists higher (like the 75% armor has) and every caster main would whine very hard that they didn’t have easy mode damage anymore.
Nobody cares to build resists save the odd Chosen aura. And frankly I'd be interested in seeing how many would actually respec from their precious 400g a piece armor talis :lol:
That however is a topic for another thread.

Manatikik

Post#8 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:01 pm

sighy wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:58 pm

Nobody cares to build resists save the odd Chosen aura. And frankly I'd be interested in seeing how many would actually respec from their precious 400g a piece armor talis :lol:

My guildie has swapped out his 180’s three times now. As the person who gives him all of his talis it breaks my heart quite a bit.

So if no one has any resists why would you need a secondary stat penetrating resists?
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
sighy

Post#9 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:06 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:01 pm
sighy wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:58 pm

My guildie has swapped out his 180’s three times now. As the person who gives him all of his talis it breaks my heart quite a bit.

So if no one has any resists why would you need a secondary stat penetrating resists?
Atm gearing is kinda boring and monotonous there is no real choice or something to spec towards after you softcap int. Sure you can shuffle around set pieces to squeeze out that little extra MP or CP, but that is about the extent of it.

However it would also add an element of depth to defensive gearing, where you don't just spec against physical and ignore the magical.