Recent Topics

Ads

Remove RR requirement from low gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Duukar

Remove RR requirement from low gear

Post#1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:41 am

With the recent issues with SCs I’ve been levelling my alt the old fashioned way. Questing and exploring and participating in the great WAR.

I’m having quite a bit of fun. It’s an MMO after all and questing and grinding mobs should be some part of it.

The only issue I’m having is my gear. YUCK! Greens greens and more greens. I’m 32/24 now and things are starting to get bad.

Then it hit me. Just make the low gear level dependant. Remove the RR requirement entirely. Suddenly there is no requirement to get RR while XPing and I can choose how I level without truly gimping my character.

Choose an appropriate character level to unlock gear up to Conq at 40. (Or whatever you stingy bastards want) then RVR til your hearts content for the rest.

It’s brilliant!

WAY less painful to make an alt. Not giving away the world. A chance to explore and quest through the rich world you have here going to waste.

Let’s do it!

Ads
havartii

Re: Remove RR requirement from low gear

Post#2 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:43 am

They have pve sets that are pretty decent for their level. You are lvl 32, so you can pve your heart out for the ruin set. Green pq has very low chance of dropping a piece but is not hard to solo and you get tokens to buy the set, medium pq will increase you chances for a set piece, and hard is 100% a piece of the set in gold bag. To do the hard pq you may need to bring a friend or guild mate to help as the final bosses might be a bit much to solo. You can always try /5 to find others who may want to farm the set. Happy Hunting, glad your enjoying the game.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

XsorrowerX

Post#3 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 am

I wouldn't totally be opposed to this idea, but havartii is right. They already have sets designed for pve.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:11 am

how is supossed you will buy rvr/pvp without currency??

There are already pve equipment: public quests sets, quest sets (like beastlord but for lower tiers) and epic quests.

Duukar

Post#5 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:00 am

emiliorv wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:11 am how is supossed you will buy rvr/pvp without currency??

There are already pve equipment: public quests sets, quest sets (like beastlord but for lower tiers) and epic quests.
Sell em for gold? Make em bind on equip and pump some life into the AH? Reduce the med/emblem cost. Use your imagination man!

Duukar

Post#6 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:01 am

havartii wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:43 am They have pve sets that are pretty decent for their level. You are lvl 32, so you can pve your heart out for the ruin set. Green pq has very low chance of dropping a piece but is not hard to solo and you get tokens to buy the set, medium pq will increase you chances for a set piece, and hard is 100% a piece of the set in gold bag. To do the hard pq you may need to bring a friend or guild mate to help as the final bosses might be a bit much to solo. You can always try /5 to find others who may want to farm the set. Happy Hunting, glad your enjoying the game.
Those sets are pretty thin and
more options would be nice.

lyncher12

Post#7 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm

should also remove the rr requirement to downgrade medallions. it makes getting something decent for healers painful and its no surprise theres so many dps healers when thats the only set offered to them.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:31 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm should also remove the rr requirement to downgrade medallions. it makes getting something decent for healers painful and its no surprise theres so many dps healers when thats the only set offered to them.
Just by doing t1-3 pvp (rvr or sc) the rr should be always high enough to break down higher tier currency to quickly buy a lower tier set.
I agree, it is painful to watch healers with dps gear and willpower talis, hell, at least they use talismans but they probably just don't know better. Do 1-2 days open rvr and get some zone locks and you have enough currency to break them down in order to buy healer set.
Dying is no option.

Ads
sharpblader

Post#9 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:00 pm

Duukar wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:01 am
havartii wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:43 am They have pve sets that are pretty decent for their level. You are lvl 32, so you can pve your heart out for the ruin set. Green pq has very low chance of dropping a piece but is not hard to solo and you get tokens to buy the set, medium pq will increase you chances for a set piece, and hard is 100% a piece of the set in gold bag. To do the hard pq you may need to bring a friend or guild mate to help as the final bosses might be a bit much to solo. You can always try /5 to find others who may want to farm the set. Happy Hunting, glad your enjoying the game.
But there are other options:

1. Ruin set from PQ. CR 36 for all set pieces

2. Rare Fortune set for gold on AH/Rare PvE drop. CR 39 minimum for all set pieces

3. Onslaught set from chapter 22 required CR 40 RR 32 for all pieces

A bit lower level than you, but something which you can try to get immediately to replace those greens

4: Stalker's Set from some quests CR 30 for all 4 pieces. I've never done these but it may require some rvr kills to complete quests.

5. Mayhem Set from lower level PQs (under level 30 or so I think)

havartii

Post#10 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:05 pm

Duukar wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:01 am
Ruin set for lvl 35 is bis for shield tank , I also think they have decent stats for most classes. If you don't want to do the regular content the game provides you will have less choices. Mercenary is bis for dps but that is from scenarios and the best heal sets will be in rvr. I think you have some good ideas and they have said they want to make better rewards from pve. You are gimping yourself for renown points and I highly doubt they will rework the entire renown system for a small percent that want to gear strictly pve.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change