Recent Topics

Ads

Remove RR requirement from low gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
lyncher12

Re: Remove RR requirement from low gear

Post#11 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:31 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm should also remove the rr requirement to downgrade medallions. it makes getting something decent for healers painful and its no surprise theres so many dps healers when thats the only set offered to them.
Just by doing t1-3 pvp (rvr or sc) the rr should be always high enough to break down higher tier currency to quickly buy a lower tier set.
I agree, it is painful to watch healers with dps gear and willpower talis, hell, at least they use talismans but they probably just don't know better. Do 1-2 days open rvr and get some zone locks and you have enough currency to break them down in order to buy healer set.
Except it doesn't work out that way and that is why I am complaining. If I am level 28, which is the level for devastator, I am going to be at most renown 30. I don't want to do 1-2 days in open rvr as a shitty bolstered character to get a t3 set that becomes irrelevant in 9 levels. I want to do 1 or 2 zones and have it, which is entirely possible if the RR to downgrade medallions is removed.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:19 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:21 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:23 pm should also remove the rr requirement to downgrade medallions. it makes getting something decent for healers painful and its no surprise theres so many dps healers when thats the only set offered to them.
Just by doing t1-3 pvp (rvr or sc) the rr should be always high enough to break down higher tier currency to quickly buy a lower tier set.
I agree, it is painful to watch healers with dps gear and willpower talis, hell, at least they use talismans but they probably just don't know better. Do 1-2 days open rvr and get some zone locks and you have enough currency to break them down in order to buy healer set.
Except it doesn't work out that way and that is why I am complaining. If I am level 28, which is the level for devastator, I am going to be at most renown 30. I don't want to do 1-2 days in open rvr as a shitty bolstered character to get a t3 set that becomes irrelevant in 9 levels. I want to do 1 or 2 zones and have it, which is entirely possible if the RR to downgrade medallions is removed.
With the same logic, people play t1 naked, because within the next half hour at any given time you will get better gear?

It is actually your choice how you play but you shouldn't expect the game to work in that way.

SC give a lot xp, the gains were increased overall, something I don't like, at least there are -xp scrolls.
If doing sc in t1-3 without -xp scroll, your rr will be just slightly higher than your rank, because of the increased xp gains.
That you want a full armor set in 1-2 zone takes is entirely your own issue, albeit you could do it, if reducing xp gains to get the rr high enough to break down currency.
The bolster is huge, if you invest your time. If you want to rush to t4, then take what you get but don't expect to be well geared for your rank. The game is no rush and doesn't begin in t4.
Dying is no option.

lyncher12

Post#13 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:28 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:19 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:21 pm

With the same logic, people play t1 naked, because within the next half hour at any given time you will get better gear?

It is actually your choice how you play but you shouldn't expect the game to work in that way.

SC give a lot xp, the gains were increased overall, something I don't like, at least there are -xp scrolls.
If doing sc in t1-3 without -xp scroll, your rr will be just slightly higher than your rank, because of the increased xp gains.
That you want a full armor set in 1-2 zone takes is entirely your own issue, albeit you could do it, if reducing xp gains to get the rr high enough to break down currency.
The bolster is huge, if you invest your time. If you want to rush to t4, then take what you get but don't expect to be well geared for your rank. The game is no rush and doesn't begin in t4.
ok boomer

arorwne
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:37 pm

Look, welcome to the realization of how utterly pointless and idiotic the entire Renown system is. But it is what it is and RoR team can only do so much with it. It was Mythic who ruined the entire ball game by trying to add unnecessary things to it.

As it stands, maybe it'd be ok to make good PvE equipment easier to obtain. No point in reworking the entire game.

Sulorie

Post#15 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:28 pm

If calling names makes you feel better, go for it. I doubt it will change your situation. ;)
Dying is no option.

lyncher12

Post#16 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:28 pm

If calling names makes you feel better, go for it. I doubt it will change your situation. ;)
I laid out clearly why its an archaic system that should be changed for the better of the game. The game isn't going to lose players because you can suddenly downgrade officer medallions before rr35 or whatever it is. I can however assure you that people have been frustrated with the rr requirement to downgrade currency. If you can't see this as a common sense thing then yes, you are a boomer, if only spiritually.

zulnam

Post#17 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:43 pm

I mean, i guess it would be an improvement for leveling in PvE. To remove RR requirements from green gear. For the sets it doesn't make sense though, since you still need the meds/emblems.

Personally, the most fun I had when leveling was back when you could turn in SC quests inside the SC. They removed this feature about 3 years ago, I do not know why. It took the game from 2008 to 2005 when WoW implemented BGs and you could queue only from capital (and even those were better since you could go, play, get a pop and when it was over you'd be back at the capital where you queued).

If this single change would be reverted I believe the leveling experience would greatly improve and we would have less people complaining about queue times since they actually got to do something instead of waiting around in city for a pop in case they win and need to turn in the quest.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Duukar

Post#18 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:44 am

The only reason I was levelling via pve was the broken SC queues. It’s just happened to be fun and quick XP.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#19 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:21 am

Duukar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:44 am The only reason I was levelling via pve was the broken SC queues. It’s just happened to be fun and quick XP.
As I keep saying, the purple bar keeps people from trying new, fun stuff. And it even segregates the PvP players. It's a HORRIBLE piece of game design and nothing's gonna make me think otherwise. And no, not all things need progression, not before endgame at very least.

Glad that you tried a new thing and had fun.

johnnyw

Post#20 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:33 am

I just lveld a rsh recently im 31/41 without sc, just solo roam and Some rvr in Prime Time.. i play that squig for 5 days Now, 2-3 Hours a day... Even without sc Theres no reason to pve at all