Recent Topics

Ads

End Game Mount Suggestions (:

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
lulu5715

End Game Mount Suggestions (:

Post#1 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:36 am

G’day guys,

Just an idea I’ve been thinking on for some time is more end game unlocks/rewards on a permanent level for characters to keep them distinct from lower ranked players, like in the table top and universe has it (such as commanders/high ranked characters being distinguished). One of the things I’ve thought of was the RR60 mounts from live, being a guild participation reward for 7 days currently, which many people I’ve had casual chats to have liked the idea of earning them on a permanent level. The best part about potentially looking at that is there’s a few possible ways to implement them, using existing methods the developers have favoured along the way.

Currently you are required to earn 2 guild tokens via a few different methods, earning a 7 day mount for the efforts, but here are a couple of suggestions that may/may not work in line with the way the developers handle things:

1. The current Fortress weapons are obtained by having the full Invader tome unlock, 60 tokens and 60 gold for a one handed weapon, 120 tokens and 100 gold for a 2 handed weapon. To keep the mounts at a sort of ‘prestige’ level, one could have the tome unlock set as Warlord or Sovereign requirement, with the cost being comparable to fortress weapons – let’s say 50-100 royal crests and a matching gold cost.

2. The existing method for the 7 day mounts isn’t bad at all, to expand on it, taking the idea from #1, you could earn the 7 day mount and perhaps trade it in just like you do with Sub > Fortress, again requiring one of the prior mentioned tome unlocks, plus currencies.

3. Another expansion onto the 7 day mounts is perhaps a different idea, with let’s say Bloodlord tome unlock completed (meaning Redeye/Sentinel are also complete), for the people who find groups in /5. Still a fairly hefty requirement, but quite obtainable for all.

4. The final suggestion is a raw copy of Sub > Fortress, where you simply trade you current 100g mount, a further gold and token cost and acquire the end game mounts, again having the correct tome unlock to do so.

As you can see, most of these methods are slight changes from each other and while they definitely wouldn't be handed to you, they aren't an excessive grind by any means.

Moving the current 7 day mounts into these alternative methods of permanent acquisition would leave a gap in the rewards for guild tokens, however, I currently know of a few mounts that are already only seen as temporary and would perhaps fit nicely in with the flow, being the Pegasus, unicorn, stag and Wyvern (though this one is understandably tied to the Easter event). Having those as the not so prestigious in appearance, but unique enough, would suit being held for 7 days, especially with the chance of further additions later, and not move to take away guild activity rewards. Finally, a minor key note is ensuring there’s gold involved with these ideas, so that there’s a lesser gold sink included as quite a large amount of players I know have several completed characters and nothing to really spend gold on.

I’m keen to hear other folks input outside of the crowd I talk to and play with, but I feel it could be a neat change that sticks with the current methods in game, to keep it straight forward.

Also happy easter, folks!
I make dumb videos for fun.
Take a gander, if you will.

Ads
vindicuss

Re: End Game Mount Suggestions (:

Post#2 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:29 am

Great ideas

zulnam

Re: End Game Mount Suggestions (:

Post#3 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:18 am

I like this idea. More mounts is always good, especially if the don't expire.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG