Recent Topics

Ads

U Wot

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
forsa

Re: U Wot

Post#81 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:36 pm

kirraha wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 am Low

If you run it in City you are a total... well you can fill a negative term yourself here.
If you run 2h tank in city wb you will cuck your instance grp, since snb is above with moralebuild. You run Waaaagh and snb moralegain. That is the way to play BO in city.
Only time you could run it is ranked as 2h, if you wanna be a complete ego and only think about yourself. You have much more important speccs to use to improve for your team than just yourself.
Don't worry about U wot. Yes it is strong for maybe one selfish Bo running around playing immortal, but he/she will get run down eventually by numbers after his teammates gotteb stomped cus he refuse to run Waaagh or whatever else thats is much better.

In pve it's excellent though.
err wut?

You dont know that U wot can be used with shield (unlike vigilance with 2h for example) in waagh build with morale pump?
RoR.builders - Black Orc If you dont have wl/sov, drop kd and absorb.
Guess who has the best chance to become city champ with that high mitigate and defences?
Also, there is no issue with running 2h bo in st party (FMJ does this sometimes, no prob)- there is always a chosen in party with same morale pump tactic, you can even go with 2 bo (2h+snb)and have no issue.

I dont worry about U wot.
I just point out that this skill is unbalanced and if you compare it to other selfbuffs it is an example of op.

Ads
Greenbeast

Post#82 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 pm

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:36 pm
kirraha wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 am Low

If you run it in City you are a total... well you can fill a negative term yourself here.
If you run 2h tank in city wb you will cuck your instance grp, since snb is above with moralebuild. You run Waaaagh and snb moralegain. That is the way to play BO in city.
Only time you could run it is ranked as 2h, if you wanna be a complete ego and only think about yourself. You have much more important speccs to use to improve for your team than just yourself.
Don't worry about U wot. Yes it is strong for maybe one selfish Bo running around playing immortal, but he/she will get run down eventually by numbers after his teammates gotteb stomped cus he refuse to run Waaagh or whatever else thats is much better.

In pve it's excellent though.
err wut?

You dont know that U wot can be used with shield (unlike vigilance with 2h for example) in waagh build with morale pump?
RoR.builders - Black Orc If you dont have wl/sov, drop kd and absorb.
Guess who has the best chance to become city champ with that high mitigate and defences?
Also, there is no issue with running 2h bo in st party (FMJ does this sometimes, no prob)- there is always a chosen in party with same morale pump tactic, you can even go with 2 bo (2h+snb)and have no issue.

I dont worry about U wot.
I just point out that this skill is unbalanced and if you compare it to other selfbuffs it is an example of op.
Your build works only with alt sov. To play it you trade 16% block from the def sov set(6% from set and 10% proc) + 10% from the tactic in the mid tree + can't hit me.
Using U WOT in this build will grant you less block than you get by equipping full def sov gear without mid tree tactic and can't hit me.
There is no reason in taking this ability in SNB build and this build has no purpose in ST group as well because taking U WOT with 1h weapon and shield will not allow you to do damage anyway. The only reason you want to take BO to ST group is to bring a bit more damage and few buffs like WS, -thg or -ap for your group.
Nobody in their sain minds will run two black orcs in ST party because black orc is the only tank without a super punt.

Meanwhile they have no tools to defend them self if not U WOT. You frequently end with keeping U WOT for the situation when you take too much guard damage or you being focused yourself.
In the opposite to SM that has tWoDS that is CORE and grants them 50% parry buff on demand while there are no abilities that can strikethrough their avoidance.

forsa

Post#83 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Spoiler:
Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:23 pm
Your build works only with alt sov. To play it you trade 16% block from the def sov set(6% from set and 10% proc) + 10% from the tactic in the mid tree + can't hit me.
Using U WOT in this build will grant you less block than you get by equipping full def sov gear without mid tree tactic and can't hit me.
There is no reason in taking this ability in SNB build and this build has no purpose in ST group as well because taking U WOT with 1h weapon and shield will not allow you to do damage anyway. The only reason you want to take BO to ST group is to bring a bit more damage and few buffs like WS, -thg or -ap for your group.
Nobody in their sain minds will run two black orcs in ST party because black orc is the only tank without a super punt.

Meanwhile they have no tools to defend them self if not U WOT. You frequently end with keeping U WOT for the situation when you take too much guard damage or you being focused yourself.
In the opposite to SM that has tWoDS that is CORE and grants them 50% parry buff on demand while there are no abilities that can strikethrough their avoidance.
This build works perfectly with def sov, warlord, vanq and invader no problem(if you are into that stuff) - thanks to immense buffs.
To play it you trade 16% block from the def sov set(6% from set and 10% proc) + 10% from the tactic in the mid tree + can't hit me.
Why?
Only loss is the Cant Hit Me, which has its uses, but can be countered easily by taunt, kd, pull, punt, ap drain and greatly hampers your move speed. In a game where positioning is everything, i prefer U Wot to CHM any day. Still CHM is good in pve, cant argue with that.
That LSM +block tactic from mid tree is not that good, if you consider that you need to use waagh, saving me hide, kd, silience and skullthumper all the time + you cant stay in one stance longer than ~10 sec.

If you count in that U Wot buffs are better and uptime is longer + it does not take up the tactic slot and improves statsteal bellow... the winner is certain for me.

Also you can use U Wot AND def sov, nothing is stopping you. Again, CHM is channel (cant use skills), and tactic if far less potent than U Wot.

There is no reason in taking this ability in SNB build and this build has no purpose in ST group as well because taking U WOT with 1h weapon and shield will not allow you to do damage anyway.The only reason you want to take BO to ST group is to bring a bit more damage and few buffs like WS, -thg or -ap for your group.
+ 15 block +15 parry +15 dodge +15 disrupt +30% multiplicative armor (6k-> 8k)+ 30% resists (insta cap) with 10 sec downtime is the very reason to pick it in snb.
The part about about st party contradicts your friend here, please sort it out guys
kirraha wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 am If you run it in City you are a total... well you can fill a negative term yourself here.

Now lets proceed:

challange, m2, m4, Rock ard, savin me hide, ya missed me, da greenest are not in the game, i get it.

Also i love when we compare single use buff to channel all the time. Especially the fact that SM has to be 2H only, and cant do anything. I have both Sm and Bo.

You mean like Chosen's rending blade and cleaver? Or taunt? Or breath of Tzeench? Or stagger? or Gtdc? or pull? SH Outta my Way?
Yeah, there are no such abilities in the game.

Greenbeast

Post#84 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm This build works perfectly with def sov, warlord, vanq and invader no problem(if you are into that stuff) - thanks to immense buffs.
Why?
Only loss is the Cant Hit Me, which has its uses, but can be countered easily by taunt, kd, pull, punt, ap drain and greatly hampers your move speed. In a game where positioning is everything, i prefer U Wot to CHM any day. Still CHM is good in pve, cant argue with that.
That LSM +block tactic from mid tree is not that good, if you consider that you need to use waagh, saving me hide, kd, silience and skullthumper all the time + you cant stay in one stance longer than ~10 sec.

If you count in that U Wot buffs are better and uptime is longer + it does not take up the tactic slot and improves statsteal bellow... the winner is certain for me.
You can only take all of these things together if you go 6 pc alt sov so you have +2 ability points into the Da' Brawler tree which you can get only with alt sov bonus. By taking alt sov as SNB tank you lose way too much. 6% anti-crit - 4 pc, 6% block - 5pc, 10% block from 7 pc + 5% block from the set itself.
If you take it without alt sov you drop everything except U WOT, WAAGH and More chopping dem. The question is why? You have no sustain to help your healers if your guard is taking too much damage( because in this scenario avoidance is better than mitigation), you have no absorb for your group, you have no cd-debuff from mid tree, no knock down.
U WOT is not better than CHM because block is better than mitigation. You stack the block as a main stat for SNB black orc.
You don't need the disrupt, dodge or parry because the game calculates avoidance for the block first and you can block all types of damage. Since you can stack very high values of block for SNB black orc you just do not need anything other than block.

You don't use CHM on the move, you use it when your def target is under heavy pressure and the guard damage is killing you.
And it doesn't matter that it can be interrupted because it has no cooldown.

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pmAlso you can use U Wot AND def sov, nothing is stopping you. Again, CHM is channel (cant use skills), and tactic if far less potent than U Wot.
Yes and you can play a black orc with block tactic without a shield as well.
forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm challange, m2, m4, Rock ard, savin me hide, ya missed me, da greenest are not in the game, i get it.
You mistake snb with 2h.
2h black orc has no morale pump and has access to M2/M4 with exactly the same speed as any 2h tank in the game. 2h black orc can't use ya missed me. In the opposite to SM by the way because dragon's talon that doesn't have a block requirement.
Savin me hide and ya missed me do not stack with challenge. The latest you use on cd on enemy mdps. The first one is useful on orvr and not that useful in cities because of the lack of magical damage dealers.
Da greenest doesn't stack with chosen aura, dok covenant, armor pots.

Again - 2h black orc don't have anything to help him if he is focused and SNB black orc should not take U WOT because it severely renders his group’s utility for unnecessary self buff.
forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pmThe part about about st party contradicts your friend here, please sort it out guys
I speak for myself. Please do not mix my opinion with the opinion of other people.
I can repeat it again - in ST group, if you speak of a city, you don't bring any SNB tanks into it. The sole purpose of this group is to kill isolated enemies very fast. Some premades do even take snb doks/wps into their ST parties to decrease TTK. The only reason why you want to take a black orc to it is their damage, so you take only 2h black orc and you take only one because you need at least one super put to denie guard swaps.

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pmYou mean like Chosen's rending blade and cleaver? Or taunt? Or breath of Tzeench? Or stagger? or Gtdc? or pull? SH Outta my Way?
Yeah, there are no such abilities in the game.
If you want to discuss this abilities you should open another topic.
In this topic you speak about U WOT. I compare the black orc with its mirror the sword master.
Both classes have tools to survive extreme pressure in 2h build - SM has WotDS and BO has U WOT?!.

Uchoo

Post#85 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:10 pm

The biggest problem with You Wot is that it was named incorrectly. It should be called "Dead 'Ard" which is correct to the lore of Black Orcs.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

forsa

Post#86 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:18 pm

Spoiler:
Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm

You can only take all of these things together if you go 6 pc alt sov so you have +2 ability points into the Da' Brawler tree which you can get only with alt sov bonus. By taking alt sov as SNB tank you lose way too much. 6% anti-crit - 4 pc, 6% block - 5pc, 10% block from 7 pc + 5% block from the set itself.
If you take it without alt sov you drop everything except U WOT, WAAGH and More chopping dem.
Warlord works ok, also bo become super tanky due to 7pc auto detautn.
Again absorb and kd are good but its ok to omit them in city. You still have morale pump that is way better than a short term absorb or a kd when target is immume.

Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm The question is why? You have no sustain to help your healers if your guard is taking too much damage( because in this scenario avoidance is better than mitigation), you have no absorb for your group, you have no cd-debuff from mid tree, no knock down.
because stealing 114 ini, tough, str, ws and wp helps a lot in weakening your enemy and buffing your teammates.
For cd increse there is a SH who has it in aoe. Also you prob meant knockback, which is ok, but in time of pressure (enemy party gang on healer) aoe kb is better, for enemy tank there is your 2 tank

Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm U WOT is not better than CHM because block is better than mitigation. You stack the block as a main stat for SNB black orc.
It is better cause enemy can counter CHM but cant counter U wot. And it buffs block - "a main stat for SNB black orc" without any skill use restriction.
When guarding, after block check comes the parry check. U wot buffs it too.

Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm You don't need the disrupt, dodge or parry because the game calculates avoidance for the block first and you can block all types of damage. Since you can stack very high values of block for SNB black orc you just do not need anything other than block.
Sure thing boss, there are not BW, Eng, SW on order side. And bo is immune to aoe.
Again U wot BUFFS BLOCK HIGHER THAN THE TACTIC.

Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm You don't use CHM on the move, you use it when your def target is under heavy pressure and the guard damage is killing you.
And it doesn't matter that it can be interrupted because it has no cooldown.
If you are midair, knocked, disarmed or ap drained it does not matter if it has cd or not.

Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm Yes and you can play a black orc with block tactic without a shield as well.
...no comments

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm challange, m2, m4, Rock ard, savin me hide, ya missed me, da greenest are not in the game, i get it.
Greenbeast wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:34 pm You mistake snb with 2h.
2h black orc has no morale pump and has access to M2/M4 with exactly the same speed as any 2h tank in the game. 2h black orc can't use ya missed me. In the opposite to SM by the way because dragon's talon that doesn't have a block requirement.
Err, it not like there is a CH, Sham, Zeal can pump morale. Also if you like comparing to SM, st punt has block requirement thus cannot be used with godly WODS.

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm Savin me hide and ya missed me do not stack with challenge. The latest you use on cd on enemy mdps. The first one is useful on orvr and not that useful in cities because of the lack of magical damage dealers.
Afaik they do. Challange is counted as a different type - tactic if i remember correctly.
The part about lack of magical damage dealers is straight from nightmares of slayer only wb i guess.

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm Da greenest doesn't stack with chosen aura, dok covenant, armor pots.
It stacks with U Wot.

Also the buff is stronger than everything you specified (ch rarely go that high in tree and 940 armor is better than anything)

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm Again - 2h black orc don't have anything to help him if he is focused and SNB black orc should not take U WOT because it severely renders his group’s utility for unnecessary self buff.
No, its not true.
2h BO can help himself like any other tank in the game + he has U wot.
It does not render his group’s utility in any meaningful way.

forsa wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:09 pm I speak for myself. Please do not mix my opinion with the opinion of other people.
So do I. Please do not mix my opinion with the opinion of other people or act like i propose something i did not.
Tldr:
Is U wot any good? Yes, its super effective.
Can it bu used in snb build? Yes.
Is it optimal for snb? No.
Are there any other skills in game that has same effectiveness as to U wot? No.
Closest one is bg Force of Fury that requires class mechanic, has only 50% uptime, and can be shattered (still it affects 2 chars, 45% flat anticrit + armor, combined with bg 20% crit chance debuff on enemy is very strong).