Recent Topics

Ads

Reintroducing Tier 2 and Tier 3 Level Caps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Elymas

Reintroducing Tier 2 and Tier 3 Level Caps

Post#1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:13 pm

As I understand it, the level caps for Tier 2+ RvR were initially removed mostly due to low density population. However, to me the server populations seem to be on a good level right now, so we could probably consider making RvR a little more even and spreading out the WAAAAGH!!! a bit. That's why I started thinking about reintroducing level caps for Tier 2 and 3 RvR in a way that doesn't just repeat the past, but creates something new and dynamic. So I came up with this idea that the level caps would not be calculated based on individual players but on the Realm as a whole (it's RvR after all, not PvP). Thus, my suggestion is as follows:

Tier 2: Ideally designed for level 16-28 players
Tier 3: Ideally designed for level 29-39 players

- Tier 2 and 3 caps are not calculated on an individual but on a collective basis. A collective level cap (for each Realm) is calculated from the highest ideal player Rank in a Tier, multiplied by 48 (2 full WB's). Thus, the collective level cap for a single Realm in Tier 2 would be 28*48=1344. Correspondingly, the collective level cap for a single Realm in Tier 3 would be 39*48=1872.

- An ideal level player or lower is always allowed to access and remain in any given Tier 2+ RvR zone without any penalties (eg. a player with level 20 can always enter Tier 2, 3 and 4 RvR).

- Higher level players will also have access to any given Tier 2+ RvR zone, as long as the collective level cap does not exceed. A player with a higher level than what the current collective level cap allows cannot enter the zone without turning into a chicken (eg. a level 40 cannot enter Tier 2 RvR that has reached a collective level of 1305).

- If a higher level player is already in the RvR zone when the collective level cap is exceeded, they will stop gaining any renown points while in that area. If the collective level cap is significantly exceeded (more than 50%), all higher level players in that RvR area will receive a warning: remaining in the zone any longer will not turn them into winner winners, but chicken dinners!

And there it is.

What do you think about it? What are the pros and cons? I would be happy to hear any opinions!

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Reintroducing Tier 2 and Tier 3 Level Caps

Post#2 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:58 pm

Why would anyone read or even consider the input of a freshly created account? Edit: outside of helping them install or answer the most basic questions that is...

You're obviously not a day 1 newbie. So... Why you hidin' bro?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:11 pm

Another fake account made by trolls with the same BS thread that come up every month...

Really i cant understand why multiaccounts arent instabanned...or at least introduce a time gap between account creation and permission to post...a few days could be ok to avoid this kind of BS threads (and probably to avoid the spam bots)

zulnam

Post#4 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:44 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:11 pmReally i cant understand why multiaccounts arent instabanned...
Nooo, my alts!!! :D :D :D
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Foomy44

Post#5 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:00 pm

Elymas wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:13 pm What do you think about it?
I think wasting dev time on separating the player base more is a terrible idea.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Elymas

Post#6 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:05 pm

Dabbart wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:58 pm Why would anyone read or even consider the input of a freshly created account? Edit: outside of helping them install or answer the most basic questions that is...

You're obviously not a day 1 newbie. So... Why you hidin' bro?
Somehow I knew this was going to be an issue, although I'm not entirely sure why this cannot be a legit first post. I'm not a troll neither do I intent to be a hit-and-run type of person. Now obviously one has to start from somewhere, so why not here? It just goes to show that I'm a creative person that simply loves ideas and sharing them. Anyway I consider this discussion off topic and would like hear some opinions about my idea instead. I can deal with the "necessary" introductions later on.

And if you think that I have been hiding somewhere else before, consider me hiding no more!

Elymas

Post#7 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:11 pm

emiliorv wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:11 pm Another fake account made by trolls with the same BS thread that come up every month...

Really i cant understand why multiaccounts arent instabanned...or at least introduce a time gap between account creation and permission to post...a few days could be ok to avoid this kind of BS threads (and probably to avoid the spam bots)
If you consider me as a troll, I must be a very clever and highly advanced troll. Not like the ones you meet in Troll Country...

And if you think my idea is BS, would you care to elaborate, why?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:14 pm

We generally aren't interested in redesigning massive systems that work well. Feel free to search the forums for reasons counter to your suggestion. They already exist.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads