Recent Topics

Ads

[Open RVR] Contribution Per Character - using the maximum instead of the instant drop on character switch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
b00n

[Open RVR] Contribution Per Character - using the maximum instead of the instant drop on character switch

Post#1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:29 am

Hello,

I would like to suggest that when a player changes a character and goes to the same RVR zone, the maximum contribution should be taken instead of the immediate loss of contribution. That would prevent from losing the contribution by just "looking" into the zone.

Example:
Player has 3 Characters: Char 1, Char 2 and Char 3

Currently:
- Char 1 enters Praag and gets 100 Contribution
Praag Contribution:
Char 1 : 100,
Char 2 : 0
Char 3 : 0

- Char 2 enters Praag,
Char 1 : 0,

On a zone lock the player gets nothing, where the Char 1, would have won actually something.

Proposed Solution would:
Char 1 enters Praag and gets 100 Contribution
Praag:

Char 2 enters Praag and gets 50 Contribution:

Char 2 : 50

On a zone lock Char 1, with the most contribution gets the roll, and Char 2 is treatet with 0 Contri.

Only disadvantage i see is that u cannot force to kill contribution in a zone for one character.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: [Open RVR] Contribution Per Character - using the maximum instead of the instant drop on character switch

Post#2 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:26 pm

Without being able to see how much contribution you have, which the devs are steadfast in not allowing, I do not see how you would be able to intentionally use this to your advantage.

I don't see how you could, for example, play a long time in a zone as a DPS, log to a healer, and then try to play in a grp with confidence in the fact that you're not going to delete the DPS's contribution?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.