Recent Topics

Ads

Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tvbrowntown
Suspended

Re: Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

Post#41 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:22 am

Play Order and enjoy the fruits from the Royal Crests tree.

Ads
kirraha

Post#42 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:27 am

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.
Maybe devs can add that new players get free full SOV sets when creating new toons?
So you can compete with the rest of us who some has played since the server started.

Or. You dedicate yourself and don't play casualmode. You will get the gear very fast that way.
Imo. Good gear should be hard and demanding to get.

havartii

Post#43 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:42 am

I can see how it would be frustrating for a new player. They are just fodder for everyone else who understands the game mechanics and are in bis gear. You are forced to zerg mindless hours to get anything that even resembles a competitive set. But that's the game . Take it or leave it.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

arorwne
Suspended

Post#44 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:53 am

kirraha wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:27 am
Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.
Maybe devs can add that new players get free full SOV sets when creating new toons?
So you can compete with the rest of us who some has played since the server started.

Or. You dedicate yourself and don't play casualmode. You will get the gear very fast that way.
Imo. Good gear should be hard and demanding to get.
No. BEST gear should be difficult to obtain, GOOD gear should be readily available with just an ounce of dedication. Note: Sovereign is under "BEST" category. The goal is to allow everyone to have fun and compete. If you take the mentality of "GOOD GEAR = DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN", you simply end up in a place where the live WAR faltered: a place where few people are so vastly better than others, they simply farm them. That is bad.

Sofong

Post#45 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:11 am

seriously u gotta give the effort like every sov player. on the other hand ranked sets even harder to get due to low pop.

PieTreBlu

Post#46 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:34 pm

havartii wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:42 am I can see how it would be frustrating for a new player. They are just fodder for everyone else who understands the game mechanics and are in bis gear. You are forced to zerg mindless hours to get anything that even resembles a competitive set. But that's the game . Take it or leave it.
True but from what I gathered it wasn't supposed to be like that (at least here on RoR). The frustration doesn't just come from "lazy" people who want to be handed their BiS for free but also from the fact that once the bolster effects wane you get thrown in the "big boys" league wearing rags and have to spend quite a while feeling completely useless (or at least not having much fun). The rift between full Sov and Conqueror is colossal, it's basically letting T2 players in the T1 lakes with no debolster. It's not the amount of work needed to reach Sov that's daunting, it's the time you'll spend having no fun while doing it. I'm not even sure being in full vanq is considered decent nowadays, you would probably have many people giving you the side-eye for queing up with that gear in solo ranked sc (but I guess that's a small niche).

I can't blame the devs though, to keep people interested in the project without having the resources to imlement new systems, you're forced to rely on old material and designs and the old game was designed to be a vertical gear treadmill ala WoW. It's a broken system long term as vertical progression systems require catch up mechanics for newbies which inevitably tend to trivialize old content and make old gear obsolete. Games like WoW reset the progression with expansions (well nowadays it's so out of control even a new patch makes the old one pointless tbh) but obviously the RoR devs don't have that luxury.

Not that horizontal progression systems don't have their own problems (massive numbers of parallel systems leading to obsolescence or information overload for newbies just to name two) but that's beside the point.

marafado
Suspended

Post#47 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:46 pm

my sugestion for next stream event is: 1 hour on twitch = 2 sov pieces, it you resist 3 hours you will get full sov set, and fort wep ;p
you need to have an ror account ofc, can be lvl/rr 1, and you receive full sov to enjoy some day...later ;p

Alubert

Post#48 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:57 pm

If u wanna have everythig at once play moba not mmo.

Its not so hard get royals.
1. City
2. Rvr/sc royals shards.
3. Rvr bags (prob i farm my most royals).

End on all of my 80+ chars i dont use full sov. Max 5 pc (so u can have quite fast your end game gear).
Last edited by Alubert on Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Sulorie

Post#49 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:03 pm

I am always wondering, why all those, who have endgame gear and reroll, do just fine and get their gear up to competitive levels once again.
Dying is no option.

Foltestik

Post#50 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:14 pm

in vanq and good party you can play agains sov players (for sure not the best ones, but they will beat you even with conq anyway :))