Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Elendal

Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

Post#1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm

I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

Post#2 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:51 pm

Those sets are the absolute last step of upward progression the game is going to feature. They are very much intended to be the last thing you complete on a character by a fair amount. If you're not comfortable with that level of grind, MMO's might not be your thing.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Elendal

Post#3 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:53 pm

Oh i am, cocky replies from GMs tho i am not comfortable with.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:01 pm

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:53 pm Oh i am, cocky replies from GMs tho i am not comfortable with.
So not a real concern, just complaint induced catharsis?

Elendal

Post#5 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Just wondering how other people who are rr80 are full geared whilst i am rr83 and have 2pieces. It was an honest question that got an asshole answer.

Manatikik

Post#6 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:10 pm

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 pm Just wondering how other people who are rr80 are full geared whilst i am rr83 and have 2pieces. It was an honest question that got an asshole answer.
I had 6 pc Sov on my WH by 78 and this was before you got royal crests like candy on Halloween from zone flips.

I’d suggest winning some cities, always helped with my Sov progression.
<Montague><Capulet>

Elendal

Post#7 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:14 pm

Manatikik wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:10 pm
Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 pm Just wondering how other people who are rr80 are full geared whilst i am rr83 and have 2pieces. It was an honest question that got an asshole answer.
I had 6 pc Sov on my WH by 78 and this was before you got royal crests like candy on Halloween from zone flips.

I’d suggest winning some cities, always helped with my Sov progression.
Look at that Mr. GM. No wonder you've gone through 3 GMs since i've started playing. At least people like Secrets.

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:26 pm

It can be long too. Depends on how well your play time matches with time of sieges/forts. Last weeks were not good for me so I could only get tokens from bags and it is like 10 a week for me. Literally my last fort was 3 weeks ago. Bad luck.

P.S. playing from Australia
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:29 pm

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:14 pm
Look at that Mr. GM. No wonder you've gone through 3 GMs since i've started playing. At least people like Secrets.
I'm amused now. Were you making thoughts with these partial sentences?

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:13 am

Elendal don't fight with the GMs, you will not win and there is nothing to be gained here. Assuming that you are not banned, I will post the following advice.

As others pointed out above, the time investment actually depends a lot on how well you play. If you started your toon after sov was released you may or may not get the full set by the time you hit 80. There are plenty of ways to get a crap ton of renown but relatively few royals.

Considering that winning cities and getting bags can give you more than double the number of royals per city than if you had lost, it is in your best interest to get the best city grp possible for 4-5 star cities and hopefully get some weak pugs to play against to maximize royals.

Losing cities is pretty devastating to your reward vs. time invested ratio so I would recommend waiting to queue until the 10-15 min mark.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.