Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

Post#21 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:05 am

For the next char 5pc so 3pc warlord is waiting in my bank storage until my rr is high enough.
Dying is no option.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#22 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:48 am

First off, don't fight with GMs. That leads nowhere and can have negative consequences, so do the logical thing. I know that grimnir can piss you off, but let it go.
Orgruk wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:55 am
Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.
Don't be such in a hurry, once you're rr80+ and full sov you got nothing else to do in this game so ... enjoy the time it takes to get to this goal. ;)
Even though I would argue that a (supposedly) PvP centric game like this shouldn't have anything near the vertical progression of WAR(it is nothing when compared to live ; that was a shitshow of broken OP gear), I would still agree with this advice. Think what happens AFTER you acquire it. A lot of people simply lose the will to play. Creating alts is fine, but level journey can also feel exhaustive.

In other words: be careful what you wish for. :)

TreefAM

Post#23 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:51 am

Try to win a city or two and stop solo quing and you'll have the gear.
I'm already done with def sov on my IB and starting warlord farm and I'm rr 75

BeautfulToad

Post#24 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:36 pm

FWIW I'd like sov to drop earlier. Right now, I'd say there's no real point doing city until you have full invader.

Noslock

Post#25 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.
With a guild who commit? I've Got 5 full sets in like 3 months (more or less maybe 4)with no life but the carrying was strong especially when i had to play a shitty heal shaman....those who prefer to have free gear should check hellokitty online game cause ror might be the wrong game for em.Now you can even get royals crests from orvr bags so it should be even easier to get stuff.

Sulorie

Post#26 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:36 pm FWIW I'd like sov to drop earlier. Right now, I'd say there's no real point doing city until you have full invader.
Joining city gives a lot invader in a short time frame if winning, so definitely worth it.
Dying is no option.

Gargis

Post#27 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:45 pm

Know what the best class in the game is? Does not matter, nor does soloing. Study game mechanics and you will see that every archetype is dependent on the others to achieve the best and most efficient results.

See where I’m going here? Join a guild, spec and gear your toon to increase the efficiency of your group and warband. Join discord, be a team player and you will vastly increase your results and enjoyment.

Do it not and you can remain relegated to **** posts in perpetuity. By the way, bags in zones are icing on the cake. Do the aforementioned, win a few cities, and you will be on your way

Good luck.

gebajger

Post#28 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:40 pm

I'm not a big fan of Wargrimnir, but the reaction to his very first post (which was perfectly reasonable) in this thread seems to be either
1 OP is trolling
2 OP was muted/banned for something
3 ?
Rioz

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:00 pm

gebajger wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:40 pm I'm not a big fan of Wargrimnir, but the reaction to his very first post (which was perfectly reasonable) in this thread seems to be either
1 OP is trolling
2 OP was muted/banned for something
3 ?
Haven't even applied a warning.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

nat3s

Post#30 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:09 pm

Try to think less about the destination and just enjoy the journey, once you get there it's surprisingly easy to lose all interest tbh
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG