Recent Topics

Ads

Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ibechuck97

Re: Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

Post#11 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 am

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.

I'm a pretty casual player and my highest character is RR79. I have 3 piece sov but I also don't play cites. It's my preference because I think cities are one of the worst parts of the game. But I also knew coming into it if I didn't play cities it would take me a while past 80 to get full sov.

Ads
Twyxx

Post#12 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:21 am

this thread xd

vindicuss

Post#13 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:30 am

Farming royals is relatively fast if you log in time to play city on a daily basis, if not, make sure to atleast play every rvr zone for about 10 to 20 minutes to earn contribution and get yourself few bags.

The grind is what makes some players play the game, it motivates some of us to play the city, since Royals are the only reason to play city.

phononHYPE

Post#14 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:37 am

How lazy are you? I pugged my first set, smooth grouped my next, and had a name for myself to get picked up for my last set. On one toon. Next toon, all turtle knight, so easy to get in any pug and gold bag. Working on 3rd and 4th toons now, each with 3pc, and each late coming to the Sov game (70-76 when I started, so no working royals as I worked past 65) So, try harder? If I have half the server on ignore and can get in pugs for city, or dump 3-4 hours a day (lucky times for City, that's not the case for all), and really, just run zones and you'll get bags. Come on, try? Frustrating to get the gear, yes. More frustrating when it's some alt you barely play. Just, try. Also have fun playing the game, or really, that will dump you worse than gear progression.

No my post is not the most helpful, but quit whining, gads!

Edit: Okay, I'm leaving the mean part above. Now some constructive (perhaps?): what class are you, how do you play (friends, solo pug, guild?). You gotta work with what yo momma gave you. I'm on my last piece for magus (81), and I'll be 82-3 before getting that. It's slow. Just keep grinding. Yeah that sucks as a non-jerk answer, but that's what it is, a grind. Even with 222 guild vent 5-star citys vs pugs, still gonna take a bit. Life.
Last edited by phononHYPE on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

AtlasShoved

Post#15 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:37 am

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 pm Just wondering how other people who are rr80 are full geared whilst i am rr83 and have 2pieces. It was an honest question that got an asshole answer.
That's a gameplay indication of "you're doing the wrong ****" combined with "you aren't winning enough". On my first character approaching rr80 (currently 74) I'm likely to be in a similar boat, however that might be in part due to the double RR weekend. Without that weekend bloating my rr:royals ratio I'd probably be only one piece ahead of you by 80. From the sound of your complaint you probably don't have a fixed group to run city with (nor do I), but that's probably the biggest reason some people are wildly geared compared to others. Followed by being online when your realm is out in force and zerging keeps.

space44

Post#16 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:50 am

was able to complete sov set at RR76, not being efficient on how you play and upgrade gear will lead to people getting a full set of sov at rr80+ and waste even more time by making a forum on how slow it is to obtain it.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Sofong

Post#17 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:58 am

make sure to get contrib in active zones, keeps, forts, get many bag rolls as possible, join organized city play, average 2~4 royals/day is not super hard really.

Anoobyz

Post#18 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:27 am

I started play on this server a year ago as a BW, it was highly populated and my BW is rr84 and almost full SOV just because city was poping when u were in que, i quited after like 3 month or so it was just supersquishy, SH, sorcs were oneshooting me from nowhere etc......
Now i lvl up SW rr66 and yea i apply for city like 10 times per week and i am lucky if i get in one......so yea city system is to blame nowdays.....

Ads
Anoobyz

Post#19 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:28 am

I started play on this server a year ago as a BW, it was highly populated and my BW is rr84 and almost full SOV just because city was poping when u were in que, i quited after like 3 month or so it was just supersquishy, SH, sorcs were oneshooting me from nowhere etc......
Now i lvl up SW rr66 and yea i apply for city like 10 times per week and i am lucky if i get in one......so yea city system is to blame nowdays.....

Orgruk

Post#20 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:55 am

Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.
Don't be such in a hurry, once you're rr80+ and full sov you got nothing else to do in this game so ... enjoy the time it takes to get to this goal. ;)
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance