Recent Topics

Ads

Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toshutkidup

Re: Length of time to get sov/warlord gear

Post#31 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:10 pm

I was RR 90 before I finished by full set..
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
penagos22

Post#32 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:20 pm

like 1 year XDDDDD

Aethilmar

Post#33 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:20 pm

Noslock wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:37 pm
Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.
With a guild who commit? I've Got 5 full sets in like 3 months (more or less maybe 4)with no life but the carrying was strong especially when i had to play a shitty heal shaman....those who prefer to have free gear should check hellokitty online game cause ror might be the wrong game for em.Now you can even get royals crests from orvr bags so it should be even easier to get stuff.
You literally just described "Hello Kitty Online" i.e. you were carried to your gear and then you have the nerve to put down people who don't have a strong guild that carries them ... :roll:

arorwne
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:20 pm
Noslock wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:37 pm
Elendal wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm I just wanted to comment that I have two rr80+ characters now, one on both destro and order side, and that neither of them have full sovereign or warlord gear. We all know the power that these gear sets give every class. How is it that it takes past rr80 to acquire this gear? There's no way new people will want to play when they have to fight wbs that are fully geared in sov/warlord when it takes this long to get these gear sets.
With a guild who commit? I've Got 5 full sets in like 3 months (more or less maybe 4)with no life but the carrying was strong especially when i had to play a shitty heal shaman....those who prefer to have free gear should check hellokitty online game cause ror might be the wrong game for em.Now you can even get royals crests from orvr bags so it should be even easier to get stuff.
You literally just described "Hello Kitty Online" i.e. you were carried to your gear and then you have the nerve to put down people who don't have a strong guild that carries them ... :roll:
Look, I would like to have the experience I had with 2x, but that's not really rational, is it? Besides, the entire game's built around at least 6man(I'd say exactly 6man, but eh) at its nucleus, so...

Learn, live and adapt. If I can nonchalantly ignore RvR until I want to do it...anything's possible. Just requires a good process and a bit of willpower.

space44

Post#35 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Gist of the story: Tier set gear isn't hard to get its just lazy people choosing to complain than spend that time grinding.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#36 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:12 pm

space44 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:53 pm Gist of the story: Tier set gear isn't hard to get its just lazy people choosing to complain than spend that time grinding.
I know that the grind isn't exactly comfortable(to most I guess), but if you want something and that something is locked behind grind...complaining(or doing anything else) is a waste of time. Just find out the most comfortable and efficient way, clench your teeth and do it.

dwar

Post#37 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:37 pm

And I was wondering were the people that have sov and still get pwned by bolstered midtier alts come from. :?

Gear may give you some edge but won't do the playing for you. I'm running Invader with my RR80 Zealot(not to mention the vanquisher geared 77 Sorc with 2 pieces Invader) and do not even try to seriously farm royals, since I despise city - really hard to get challenging fights. Either farm or being farmed for ~1h+ is not my definition of fun and not worth the small amount of time I have to play.
Still, I really enjoy playing the game and am doing reasonably well(if it wasn't fun anymore I'ld quit) ..

Most likely you get the gear, realize that not much changed and end up frustrated :)

vanbuinen77

Post#38 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 pm

Most of these sov geared players that city logged for their gear are garbage anyhow.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#39 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:30 am

space44 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:53 pm Gist of the story: Tier set gear isn't hard to get its just lazy people choosing to complain than spend that time grinding.
You (not shockingly) completely missed the point.

The core question raised was "Should you have a Sov set by hitting RR80?"

The answers were:
1) "Yes. Its easy if you have a regular city warband you can join that wins all the time."
2) "Yes. But it doesn't work that way if you don't have access to a regular city warband that wins all the time."
3) "No. But that is okay because it is intended to be hard."
4) "No. U R a bunch of lazy n00bs who don't play like me and I know best."

And, of course, a lot of this conversation is the direct result of city being designated the "end game" and the rest of the zones being flyover territory which is not the best of design choices but I'm not going to fault volunteers for falling into the same traps that have caught so many professional game designers.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#40 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:35 am

Aethilmar wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:30 am
You (not shockingly) completely missed the point.

The core question raised was "Should you have a Sov set by hitting RR80?"

The answers were:
1) "Yes. Its easy if you have a regular city warband you can join that wins all the time."
2) "Yes. But it doesn't work that way if you don't have access to a regular city warband that wins all the time."
3) "No. But that is okay because it is intended to be hard."
4) "No. U R a bunch of lazy n00bs who don't play like me and I know best."

And, of course, a lot of this conversation is the direct result of city being designated the "end game" and the rest of the zones being flyover territory which is not the best of design choices but I'm not going to fault volunteers for falling into the same traps that have caught so many professional game designers.
Because the real answer that solves this age old problem is actually...
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog