Recent Topics

Ads

Campaign system suggestion feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Quathan

Campaign system suggestion feedback

Post#1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:17 am

So I wanted to throw in a suggestion for a new campaign system at some point.. but before I do I want to bounce my thoughts out and hear what you guys think and maybe add/change some of it to a more fitting figure...

So with the current City system it. A City can happen at any given time which can both be fun and annoying at the same time.
I mostly like City doing prime time of the server since many instances get going. and less when it's total off-hour with non to queue with or against.

But if City runs at scheduled times.. It will give everyone time to prepare/set groups for the upcoming battle. Still, it has to be fair for everyone around the globe so something like every 32 Hours between city sieges to keep a rotating time for the sieges...

The issue is now that City isn't really the reward anymore for pushing campaigns.. So what could be the reward for pushing campaigns instead?

If you lose a City currency/renown is increase by 10% and 20% if you win. These bonuses should be locked to the character you did city with so people cant just bring their well-geared characters into City and then relog and ungeared toon for campaigns.

When a fort is locked campaign reset back to T2 and gives 5% extra renown to the participants of the fort. When the City queue starts all bonuses are reset.

Please help me in a respectful manner to point out and explain abusive flaws in such a system. Also please give suggestions for changes.

Ads
Naelar

Re: Campaign system suggestion feedback

Post#2 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 am

But city IS the reward for the campaign. Witness the number of xrealmers and cityloggers that will swap sides (mainly from Destro to Order) during NA prime/late night in order to get 'muh city' every night.

marafado
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:47 am

all good and working as intended :)
"xrealmers and cityloggers" is the way this old rvr/pvp games should be played in 2021 :mrgreen:

my advice boys forget the gameplay/campaign system/reward system...and other small details, buffs/nerfs is what the pros are interested.
in an "alfa server" makes sence to give max lvl and gear to all players test the toons in same conditions*

nik89

Post#4 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:37 pm

I like the idea.
It would be better than the current system that seems to incentivize unsportsmanlike behavior (like throwing).
A lot is currently hung up on succeeding a fort, whatever that means for the players doing it.
The current system makes people want to do forts, but when we have such population, and skill/veteran numbers, imbalances, it leads to undesirable effects.
The outcomes are skewed by these population shifts as well. A quick reminder that the current order tide has been around since jan/feb. It was a destro tide before that( with Altdorf barely ever going beyond 1 star).
I think having scheduled cities would alleviate this a bit. Having forts not tied to cities would be good for the above reasons as well.
It would however remove the biggest and clearest goal from the campaign.
You could also increase city rewards for the number of forts completed/campaigns won before the next one.
Depending on how the city was scheduled, we could have less cities overall, but maybe more fun/impactful ones.

These are only suggestions though. Maybe a better idea will come, or there may be some big flaw in my reasoning here. I'd love to hear.
Last edited by nik89 on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evilest

Post#5 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:44 pm

nik89 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:37 pm Depending on how the city was scheduled, we would have less cities overall, but maybe more fun/impactful ones.
How.

nik89

Post#6 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:46 pm

Evilest wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:44 pm
nik89 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:37 pm Depending on how the city was scheduled, we would have less cities overall, but maybe more fun/impactful ones.
How.
The past couple of days we have had ~2 cities a day(both IC at 1-2 stars).
@32 hours (the time suggested by the OP) it would be every other day.
It depends on how often they schedule it.

On the fun part, you could have some EU prime time cities (which have been missing lately).
I know some people who have been thirsting for an eu prime time city recently. It would allow you to queue with more guildies/friends.

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:27 pm

A lockout for city should be a thing. In return give set from gold bags.
Get rid of forts entirely. Give Sc's better rewards.
I think that would be a much faster and more casual campaign with less waiting.

leafaele

Post#8 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:31 pm

Imagine if altdorf/IC continued as now but one of the other pairings were a scheduled one (This is probably unrealistic but imagine if some of the matches were in the other unreleased main cities). Maybe for a bit lesser rewards but still decent enough loot. Maybe even make the scheduled one strictly for wb signups for more 24vs24 events.

Make the timer to be like every 32 hours. So it would happen around most people's primetime every 3rd day.

Ads
Evilest

Post#9 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:03 pm

nik89 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:46 pm
How.

On the fun part, you could have some EU prime time cities (which have been missing lately).
I know some people who have been thirsting for an eu prime time city recently. It would allow you to queue with more guildies/friends.
That doesn't lead to more fun/impactful ones.

nik89

Post#10 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:15 pm

Evilest wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:03 pm
nik89 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:46 pm

How.

That doesn't lead to more fun/impactful ones.
If you believe cities can be fun, how would you make them more fun then?
It is of course, a matter of opinion.
Personally, I am of the opinion it would make them more fun since you can go with friends more reliably.

If your fun is defined by the challenge of a city, then that is still characterized by the people you face and who you bring.
I think that's a different topic though.