Recent Topics

Ads

Again about the scenes.....

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zumos2

Re: Again about the scenes.....

Post#21 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Vladthedad wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:37 am We need to make a system where if someone posts something again about SC balance, they are forced to play Logrin's Forge only for a week, as punishment. Or just insta ban.
Just make it impossible to queue without a premade for a week :D
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
Tom

Post#22 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:07 pm

arorwne wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 pm
tazdingo wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:58 pm
arorwne wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:30 pm

Yes, what's up with Healers anyhow? I once encountered a WB in oRvR which had like 66% healers. Order side.

Knowing the reputation of tanks / healers in MMOs in general...what's up with that?

Edit: Infield / inscen quest finish would be welcome. There's nothing worse than finishing a quest then being sent back where you came from(...derp).
population and archetype density shifts a lot all of the time so anybody who tells you that destro has no 'x' or order is winning everything is just getting emotional over maybe a weeks worth of biased play

the only persistent trends are that destro has more tanks relative to order and order has more rdps relative to destro. everything else shifts all of the time. for some reason a bunch of people rolled zealots at once. smart order altoholics are now rolling white lions. in about a week expect to see a lot of black orcs running around to counter them. a few days after that there'll be an unusual spike in bright wizards, ect...
This is one very systematic and dynamic answer. I like it! Thank you.

Any reason why Destro have more Tanks? That's not really an impression, more of afact and I was curious what causes it.
How about making it even more dynamic and turn tables on your question... how fun and versatile on a scale of 1-10 can it be to play tank if your dps mates were predominantly rdps most of the time :D ?

Skullgrin

Post#23 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:14 pm

arorwne wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 pm Any reason why Destro have more Tanks? That's not really an impression, more of afact and I was curious what causes it.

It is really quite simple. Destro tanks are the best looking classes in the game.

We're just too cool looking! :P :lol: :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

arorwne
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:53 pm

Tom wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:07 pm
arorwne wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 pm
tazdingo wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:58 pm

population and archetype density shifts a lot all of the time so anybody who tells you that destro has no 'x' or order is winning everything is just getting emotional over maybe a weeks worth of biased play

the only persistent trends are that destro has more tanks relative to order and order has more rdps relative to destro. everything else shifts all of the time. for some reason a bunch of people rolled zealots at once. smart order altoholics are now rolling white lions. in about a week expect to see a lot of black orcs running around to counter them. a few days after that there'll be an unusual spike in bright wizards, ect...
This is one very systematic and dynamic answer. I like it! Thank you.

Any reason why Destro have more Tanks? That's not really an impression, more of afact and I was curious what causes it.
How about making it even more dynamic and turn tables on your question... how fun and versatile on a scale of 1-10 can it be to play tank if your dps mates were predominantly rdps most of the time :D ?
There is something to that. If you're talking about Order experience, playing with mostly SWs and Engis and dps "Healers"(mostly AM)...not very satisfying for a tank. It should be much more satisfying on Destro even if SHs are...out of control.
Skullgrin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:14 pm
arorwne wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:41 pm Any reason why Destro have more Tanks? That's not really an impression, more of afact and I was curious what causes it.
It is really quite simple. Destro tanks are the best looking classes in the game.

Yes, this thought did cross my mind, but I don't think it actually holds that much of water. I'll go by racial pairs:

Knight vs Chosen: Sure, Chosen leaves a much better first impression(piss poor customizability of Knight armors don't exactly help), but let's think for a moment. This is a standard case of sexy babe vs a satisfying girl. Chosen is quite clearly very sexy, but on the other side is a KNIGHT. While it's not THE KNIGHT(=Bretonnia), it's still a Knight and that's one of the most common fantasies out there. Knights, Rohirrim etc. It's basically a raw sex appeal vs a satisfying fantasy.

Zulunbaki vs Black Ork: BlOrk simply looks more imposing and bigger, that's all imo. IB actually has a better looking gear, more attuned to your typical "Dwarf Warrior" fantasy. Both are common tropes, but if reviewed...I'd think Zul is actually better looking if you can ignore size.

Swordmaster vs Blackguard: This is your typical Jedi vs Sith choice. SMs are basically Jedi and while BGs aren't exactly Sith, it's a good enough approximation. Besides that, words fail me how to describe BG. SM is a magical samurai(=Jedi), but what is BG? Both are very cool. SM more in a Lawful Good and BG more in a Lawful Evil way.

First Impression: With that said, Destro Tanks do leave a better first impression(Chosen > Knight, BlOrk > IB , SM ~ BG), so there's something to it.

tazdingo

Post#25 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:07 pm

destro tanks have far more presence. particularly black orc and chosen, they are far bigger, louder and more aggressive in their attack animations than order tanks. this makes having them beat on you feel much more oppressive than having a knight or sm trying to slapbox you. they also serve as better sight blocks for the back line and are easier to select and focus heal in a pinch. many people will deny this and say that they just see the game as one big spreadsheet, but psychological pressure undeniably plays a large part in what makes a pub back line retreat and abandon their melee. it only takes one person to rout, they will drag others with them.

then, you can see the negative feedback loop. pubbing as an order tank feels much more difficult and less rewarding and impactful than on destro, fewer people roll order tanks & melee, fewer good guardees and frontline support, repeat. it should be noted that this is an entirely pub "issue." the destro tank/healer stack is very susceptible to even the most rudementarily coordinated order pugs.

zulnam

Post#26 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:04 am

This whine thread turned into some heavy discussions on aesthetics and psychological digital warfare.

I love it!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Lilim
Community Management

Post#27 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:41 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Yes! We all know style > skill :D