Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion][Slayer/Chopa ~ Pent up Rage /Holding Grudges Ideas

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Whyumadbro

[Suggestion][Slayer/Chopa ~ Pent up Rage /Holding Grudges Ideas

Post#1 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:03 am

Hey all,

I´d like to discuss a idea with you, about the tactic Pent up Rage /Holding Grudges. I am playing atm my giantslayer with the holding grudges tactic and i thought that the giantslayer specc is almost a good alternative specc to skavenslayer. I just think that off specs make the game fun, beaucse the meta can be quite restricting some times. I do not write this post with the intention to say buff my class or anything, i just want to hear your perspective.

What would be the tactic like if it gives all 3 seconds a stack and can be stacked up to 4 times, so that you can use the first exhaustive blow for 100% cost reduction instead of 75%. Maybe the tactic description could use penalty for dual wielding like ,,but if you are dual wielding, your ability to defend critical hits will be decreased by 10%".

What do you say? Would you pick this tactic over power through? To Op or would the impact be marginal?

Ads
Edenwolf

Re: [Suggestion][Slayer/Chopa ~ Pent up Rage /Holding Grudges Ideas

Post#2 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm

I was thinking about 4 stacks as well when using the tactic, just 1 more stack would make the initial combat phase so much smoother. Half of our abilities are tide to exhaustive blows and you end up in the green zone spamming pulverize a lot waiting for stacks, more often then not. I mean, you can play conservatively to keep in yellow but it feels too slow atm.

If I read correctly, getting 3 stacks every 3 seconds would be too much, I think we'd be better off testing a 4th stack alone first. After that I'd suggest we go the route of decreasing time between stacks rather then the amount of stacks per interval, from 3 seconds to 2 for example. Or we could go the route of being able to gain stacks via trigger, be it ability based or other certain conditional effects.
Last edited by Edenwolf on Fri May 07, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Whyumadbro

Post#3 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Edenwolf wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:28 pm I was thinking about 4 stacks as well when using the tactic, just 1 more stack would make the initial combat phase so much smoother. Half of our abilities are tide to exhaustive blows and you end end up in the green zone or just spamming pulverize a lot waiting for stacks, more often then not. I mean, you can play conservatively to keep in yellow but it feels too slow atm.

I think getting 3 stacks every 3 seconds would be too much, I think we'd be better off testing a 4th stack alone first. After that I'd suggest we go the route of decreasing time between stacks rather then the amount of stacks per interval, from 3 seconds to 2 for example. Or we could go the route of being able to gain stacks via trigger, be it ability based or other certain conditional effects.
yeah thats what i was thinking, i mean you need a rage controll tactic, with power through its just impossible be stay alive in a scen, even with guard and heals + maxed trivial blows or futile strikes. If holding grudges would be changed to the 4 stacks and one stack every 2 seconds this would give 2h the little edge it needs to get out of meme-tier

Edenwolf

Post#4 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Yeah I mean the idea of staying in yellow for more burst is a unique take on the gameplay for Slayer and fitting for 2H. The tactics base design is actually intriguing to use, it just needs some tweaking.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM

Whyumadbro

Post#5 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:28 pm

Edenwolf wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:17 pm Yeah I mean the idea of staying in yellow for more burst is a unique take on the gameplay for Slayer and fitting for 2H. The tactics base design is actually intriguing to use, it just needs some tweaking.
or maybe a method of dropping rage in power throug, that would be a good start before any tactics have to change, if power throug is in as a tactic, that detaunt instantly takes away all rage - that would make many giantslayers happy i think