Recent Topics

Ads

Focused Offense

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
space44

Re: Focused Offense

Post#21 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:37 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 pm I like both recommended options. Although i doubt the 2nd would be favoured among the devs, but the 33% armor decrease is too high for a playstyle that thrives on outlasting your opponent.

While i still probably wouldn't pick it on my IB thanks to many good tactics, i'd definitely give it a good go on the kotbs, who arguably has very little in terms of damage increase tactics

See if you can finetune it from other comments then make sure to post it on the "Balance Suggestions" subthread (it's the one the devs read more often since it's single posts, no pages on pages of commenting).
33% armor decrease can be gained back with a top notch armor pot.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 pm I like both recommended options. Although i doubt the 2nd would be favoured among the devs, but the 33% armor decrease is too high for a playstyle that thrives on outlasting your opponent.

While i still probably wouldn't pick it on my IB thanks to many good tactics, i'd definitely give it a good go on the kotbs, who arguably has very little in terms of damage increase tactics

See if you can finetune it from other comments then make sure to post it on the "Balance Suggestions" subthread (it's the one the devs read more often since it's single posts, no pages on pages of commenting).
What do you think of the other suggestions in this thread?
space44 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:37 pm

Yes, but...does everyone have enough gold to keep those pots coming? Keep in mind, we are talking BiS ArPot here. This don't seem likely. Sure, using Perseverance / Guarded Attack / Heaven's Blade will also help, but then you're trading other things. And don't get enough back to justify that Pot / ArBuff spam. With that said, ArPot and ArBuffs don't stack, don't they? They seem like the same type / category of a buff, but you never know. Better to ask.

///

Everyone, MUCH respect and thanks for your support. Even you Grimnir for replying. I appreciate it all.

Farrul

Post#23 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:57 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:08 pmThe tactic is just bad enough that people don't use it, which is where it should be. Tanks have inherent mitigation that with enough push would make them more desirable than actual melee classes. There needs to be room for both, and that means tanks don't get to play main DPS while keeping all their survivability.
I mean no disrespect, but a near useless tactic(and admitting so) is imho a problem to be fixed, not design to encourage. As for melee dps, their area of effect damage and maneuverability( primarily their role in organized, unless WH/WE stealthy) is already vastly superior compared to tanks and no meager 15% is going to change that(For reference look at BO, capable of 10%+ 10% + 25% CD and still obviously is nowhere near real melee dps performance)

It shouldn't be a problem to make FO a little more useful from a balance perspective and still keep it within balance, how about something like this : Increases dmg by 10%, armor is reduced by the same amount, 10%. Alternatively, 10%/ 5% parry reduction(meaning it would be inferior to the 10/5 on the offensive tank tree).

Personally if it was up to me, i would just add a flat 10% increase without a penalty at all, the drawback is already in the opportunity cost, as with any tactic.

zulnam

Post#24 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm

arorwne wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 pm

Didn't read them mate. These days I try to to take my forum surfing in small doses. Otherwise my blood pressure starts to rise.

I guess it depends on the gear you're sporting? My knight in 2h gear has about 3900 armor. 33% of that comes to roughly 1200+. The highest pot I know goes up to 825-ish? IB is closer to 3300 IIRC so yeah, that would be closer to a pot.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

space44

Post#25 » Tue May 04, 2021 8:37 pm

zulnam wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm
Spoiler:

Didn't read them mate. These days I try to to take my forum surfing in small doses. Otherwise my blood pressure starts to rise.

I guess it depends on the gear you're sporting? My knight in 2h gear has about 3900 armor. 33% of that comes to roughly 1200+. The highest pot I know goes up to 825-ish? IB is closer to 3300 IIRC so yeah, that would be closer to a pot.
[/spoiler]

5 piece warlord and 3 piece 2h sov gives 4209 armor which is what im currently using with FO im at 2820 with a top notch (+907) armor pot thats 3727.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

arorwne
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:02 pm

space44 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:37 pm
Spoiler:

[/spoiler]

5 piece warlord and 3 piece 2h sov gives 4209 armor which is what im currently using with FO im at 2820 with a top notch (+907) armor pot thats 3727.
Does potion stack with Persevere / Guarded / Heaven's?

Even then(if they do which they most likely don't), those pots are very costly, it's unreasonable that a tactic has that large hubris.

Also, one thing I noticed...Grimnir, you said no tanks to this suggestion, but...what do other devs think? I'd like to hear "no" from at least 3 sources.

space44

Post#27 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:08 pm

arorwne wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:02 pm
Spoiler:

[/spoiler]

Even then(if they do which they most likely don't), those pots are very costly, it's unreasonable that a tactic has that large hubris.

Also, one thing I noticed...Grimnir, you said no tanks to this suggestion, but...what do other devs think? I'd like to hear "no" from at least 3 sources.
start farming for that gold, thats the mmorpg experience. make friends, farm, grind, and get better than others.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#28 » Tue May 04, 2021 10:07 pm

space44 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:08 pm
arorwne wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:02 pm
[/spoiler]

start farming for that gold, thats the mmorpg experience. make friends, farm, grind, and get better than others.
Still doesn't excuse a piss poor, mostly useless tactic. And what you wrote supposedly works for every mmo experience, no matter how dire or boring. Misery loves company I guess.

Ads