Recent Topics

Ads

Reward for not getting a city pop?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mepiff

Reward for not getting a city pop?

Post#1 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:25 am

So queueing for 30 minutes for a city and not getting a pop is kind of a letdown, it's happened to me about 3-4 times i personally think it would be nice for people who has been queued for atleast (10? Debatable) minutes and end up without getting a pop would be awarded one crest (invader and maybe even one royal (or 2-3 shards i dno numbers could always be adjusted)

I feel this would encourage more people to actually give it a shot at actually queueing not feeling like they are wasting thier time.

Thoughts?

Ads
Kurocava

Re: Reward for not getting a city pop?

Post#2 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:30 am

Nope

Nameless

Post#3 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:39 am

Devs should make wb scale, pve sc for all that didnt enter into the regular city battle. Reward should be 1-2 crests if the wb won the sc. The sc should normally last 30-40 min and all will be happy
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

wachlarz

Post#4 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:50 am

Nameless wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:39 am Devs should make wb scale, pve sc for all that didnt enter into the regular city battle. Reward should be 1-2 crests if the wb won the sc. The sc should normally last 30-40 min and all will be happy
And if U have chose: pvp with enemy wb premade or pve mobs and have this same reward i think most ppl will chose easy pve mode. Bigger chance to win, less chance to lose.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 am

Nameless wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:39 am Devs should make wb scale, pve sc for all that didnt enter into the regular city battle. Reward should be 1-2 crests if the wb won the sc. The sc should normally last 30-40 min and all will be happy
Much better make destro VS destro/order vs order instances....but that isnt going to happen.

nat3s

Post#6 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Not sure giving away royals is going to help, but I agree it can feel punishing to miss a pop.

On live there were empty city instances which solved the problem, but that feels like a bit of a fudge.

I once thought this could be solved, but I don't really think there is a mechanic/design that can address this that doesn't have serious side effects, if there was I'm sure the devs would have done it by now.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

losvtranse

Post#7 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:02 pm

I believe that if any kind of this reward mechanic will be implemented it should be based on your summary campaign contribution rather than just queuing.

Evilspinnre

Post#8 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:28 pm

Probably has something to do with the fact that there's now a lockout timer on forts and the side pushing with numbers can't xrealm to balance things out and increase the number of instances. Oh well, screw those guys!!!
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ads
Mepiff

Post#9 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:50 pm

Kurocava wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:30 amNope
Ok
emiliorv wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:39 amMuch better make destro VS destro/order vs order instances....but that isnt going to happen.
I mean yea i agree bigger pool to choose from would lead to the MMR system working slightly better.
losvtranse wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:02 pm I believe that if any kind of this reward mechanic will be implemented it should be based on your summary campaign contribution rather than just queuing.
Yea I somewhat agree, but if you push all tier 2+3+4 zones and two forts, how much in theoreical value would that be? You are already getting rewarded from those actualy zones.
Evilspinnre wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:28 pm Probably has something to do with the fact that there's now a lockout timer on forts and the side pushing with numbers can't xrealm to balance things out and increase the number of instances. Oh well, screw those guys!!!
I've only been playing here since februari i assure you this post is my own thoughts and ideas and was something i wanted to discuss for a while.
I just personally find it rough, standing in reikwald for 30 minutes, reading the warband chat "Move so you don't get afk kicked" I understand this is one of the few ways this entire city ordeal will play out, just reward me with 2 royal shards when i didn't get a pop and ill atleast be an inch closer to my goals

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Evilspinnre wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:28 pm Probably has something to do with the fact that there's now a lockout timer on forts and the side pushing with numbers can't xrealm to balance things out and increase the number of instances. Oh well, screw those guys!!!
Game mechanic (right now) need unbalanced factions to progress to city, so its intended that atackers population is higher than defenders => its intended that some % of attackers wont get into city instance.