Recent Topics

Ads

Reward for not getting a city pop?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Panodil

Re: Reward for not getting a city pop?

Post#11 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm

Just swap side...ohh wait
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
kirraha

Post#12 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:02 pm

Nah you should pick the right side to guarantee a pop.

Rida

Post#13 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Can I be rewarded as well If there's a city and I don't log in?
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth

CountTalabecland

Post#14 » Mon May 10, 2021 7:17 pm

But when was this city? I think its a fair trade off that pushing city during sub-prime hours is less likely to be rewarded than if you pushed and took it during EU Prime Time.

Giving free stuff for just queueing or doing PvE cities is a bad solution as it rewards mindless play/the lowest denominator of player will go and afk for rewards.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Mepiff

Post#15 » Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm

Rida wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:20 pm Can I be rewarded as well If there's a city and I don't log in?
Nice troll, theres better threads to troll right now.

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:17 pm Giving free stuff for just queueing or doing PvE cities is a bad solution as it rewards mindless play/the lowest denominator of player will go and afk for rewards.
Everyone wants city,

People who afk in city can be banned so I don't see the issue.

The system in suggesting is a "Thanks for trying" kinda deal with the benefit of having more people queue and less people be upset when they don't get a pop, as i previously mentioned it doesn't even have to be a full crest it can be as low as 2-3 crest shards so actually doing a city and losing would still be the fastest way to gear up.

If you think people will go "Oh boy I'm gonna login to the most overpopulated realm and queue for 2 free shards" I dno do those people really exist?

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#16 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:54 pm

There is currently no plan to reward players for simply queueing, even if it's city. I know it's disappointing, but that's how it is. It's not like it happens every single night, unless you're queueing at the last minutes or dodging several city instances every time.

Mepiff

Post#17 » Tue May 11, 2021 1:12 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:54 pm There is currently no plan to reward players for simply queueing, even if it's city. I know it's disappointing, but that's how it is. It's not like it happens every single night, unless you're queueing at the last minutes or dodging several city instances every time.
Or people is stuck on whatever faction pushed city and population balance is off. :roll:

Well thanks for taking a note at least hope you change your mind in the future. :D

CountTalabecland

Post#18 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:08 am

Mepiff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm Everyone wants city,

People who afk in city can be banned so I don't see the issue.

The system in suggesting is a "Thanks for trying" kinda deal with the benefit of having more people queue and less people be upset when they don't get a pop, as i previously mentioned it doesn't even have to be a full crest it can be as low as 2-3 crest shards so actually doing a city and losing would still be the fastest way to gear up.

If you think people will go "Oh boy I'm gonna login to the most overpopulated realm and queue for 2 free shards" I dno do those people really exist?
Yes they do exist, and lots of them. Do you remember when they had to remove BO ticks when they gave out 10 renown and Pre-fort zones when they gave a couple of invaders? The majority of pugs sink right to the point of least resistance if given half a chance.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads