Recent Topics

Ads

Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kabuco
Former Staff

Re: Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

Post#31 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:33 am

nonfactor wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:41 am There are just too few players playing rankeds to support brackets. What is even the advantage of those? I fail to come up with one even just to play devils advocate. Theres maybe 20
people in the queue and you are splitting that into two brackets? Why? I just cant grasp it.
That's easy to point out.
Players that call themselves top tier don't want to have players in their team who don't know how to play. At first they thought people below RR70 where the problem, so the first bracket appeared. But soon you could see there are enough players with high RR and gear that can't play that good. Result of this is the new higher bracket. This bracket is filled with people who mostly only queue for ranked if they see the right people on their side playing too.
If you have a red name, you're on the wrong side!

OCRANA ...deal with it

Kabuco BW RR8x
Kynai WE RR8x

Ads
Jusva321

Post#32 » Sun May 16, 2021 8:36 am

the testing part i all good but there is no games i think this change shoud be undon now so we can game or ... season 2 so we dont just talk about it

i think alot dont like the keep taking`, and just enjoy some solo ranked games. Now there is non how long do we need to have 0 games to test is my question ?

i alone got 5 out off the 170 above 1450 i am sure that there are more like me remove this gravod ide and lets play
Last edited by Jusva321 on Sun May 16, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

bloodydevilx

Post#33 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:51 am

I have had zero matches in the higher bracket. so many people don't like ranked but put up with it as a chore to get the gear from it. why not make people happy and get a lesser amount of triumphant emblems from SC's when you have the entire oppressor set unlocked? that way people can just do what they want to do and play SC's. i enjoy ranked but I wont be queuing after I get the gear i want. When i pushed my RSH rank past 1450 I did not feel joy. I felt sadness because I knew he would never get to play ranked at least until brackets are removed or a new carrot is placed in front of the super small population high bracket ranked crew.

my suggestion make ranked give the current amount of emblems and make scenarios give 1/4th that when they get a oppressor ward or something

Fai

Post#34 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:29 am

please remove the brackets! its been said multiple times now. players > 1450 mmr dont get ranked pops anymore.
its not like we had 10 matches going before that change. at peak times it was maybe 5-6 matches at best.
regular times had 2-4 matches. now imagine being a dps on destro (i am not). you get maybe one pop every 2 hours as the dps slot is highly contended. that just kills the motivation in queueing for solo ranked!
i mostly queue as a tank and cant finish the live event due to "no pops"...

mogulprince

Post#35 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:31 am

Kabuco wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:33 am
nonfactor wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:41 am There are just too few players playing rankeds to support brackets. What is even the advantage of those? I fail to come up with one even just to play devils advocate. Theres maybe 20
people in the queue and you are splitting that into two brackets? Why? I just cant grasp it.
That's easy to point out.
Players that call themselves top tier don't want to have players in their team who don't know how to play. At first they thought people below RR70 where the problem, so the first bracket appeared. But soon you could see there are enough players with high RR and gear that can't play that good. Result of this is the new higher bracket. This bracket is filled with people who mostly only queue for ranked if they see the right people on their side playing too.
Please correct me but this reads as if this change was only introduced to "stick" it to the self proclaimed top tier players. I hope this was not the sole intent and there indeed was more thought put into the consequences.

Jusva321

Post#36 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:02 am

this change was made because Gravoed talked to a dev it went like this 99% off ranked is mongos and i am to good for them make a bracket for guys like me ... ok ill lissen to one guy not the 44 othere in que

Gratz gravod you kill any ranked there was and for every day week we have to test this 0 games we are losing the ranked momentum we had before
Last edited by Jusva321 on Sun May 16, 2021 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kabuco
Former Staff

Post#37 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:09 am

This change is good if there is a high player pool to choose from. No one knows if we ever get to this.

A MMR systems with two factions is even harder to get working. You have two split players pools and the gain of MMR on one side results in a loss on the other. In an extrem situation theorectical ( or not so theoretical) where Destro always wins, you shift all Destros to the higher bracket while Order remains on the lower one resulting in no one will ever get a match anymore. Additionally this happens too if certain archtypes don't make it in a large amount to the higher bracket, tanks or rdps as an example.
If you have a red name, you're on the wrong side!

OCRANA ...deal with it

Kabuco BW RR8x
Kynai WE RR8x

Kazekiri

Post#38 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:32 am

After playing 100+ games in the ladder I can say this :

The bracket system was necessary, it's not fun to q with MMR assassin all day, people with 1k2 MMR with absolute no idea, it's not fun for the people trying to grind MMR, and it's not fun for the 1k2 MMR player that will get flamed and just be the weak link all the time. So bracket are necessary. I think 1450 is fine aswel.

The reason ladder is dead => 2 reasons, the first one will be super hard to fix, it's balance between order and destro, WE, SH, ShieldDok being super strong atm, + the fact that order lack kotbs and RP consistantly (when destro has more zealot and chosen queuing) make every game a bit harder to win order side, and preventing some order to q, but this is a balance issue and it cant be adressed quickly enough.
The number 2 reason is the MMR system, if you are on the top ladder, it doesnt put you in a position where you have BENEFIT to queue, you can only LOSE mmr => because a loss will be -5 a draw -2 or -3, and a win will give you +2. (and the risk of losing mmr is even higher on order because of what i stated before, ex: you gonna face shield dok rSH WE setup without having a kotbs, it's even harder to make a win streak, and you can't climb in MMR without win streak with that system. For 1 lose you get you need 3 win behind to recover => do I want to queue? no.

So to make it short, to revive the upper bracket it's easy, you change the system right now, removing the reality of "the more you queue, the more you go down in MMR", I know devs are trying to find a MMR system, but meanwhile you could just give a flat +3 for win, -3 for lose, and 0 for draw, waiting for the perfect system you have in mind to be ready, because atm, ranked is dying.

Shueisha

Ads
Jusva321

Post#39 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:41 am

there were alot off fun games before yes sometimes one side was stacked but that was way better then 0 games all day

dont even know how we can talk about testing 0 games = 0 tests

Fai

Post#40 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:55 am

Kazekiri wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:32 am ...the risk of losing mmr is even higher on order because of what i stated before, ex: you gonna face shield dok rSH WE...
isnt that getting old?? how many good rSH are there? have you checked top 100 (i did for you).
there are 4 SH in top 100 and not given all are rSH (brocoli and zarbix playing mSH).
no doubt its a strong class, but always pulling the same is a bit boring, isnt it?
same with sdok...definetly a strong class, but needs to be played by the proper ppl.
i dont whine about how annoying and boring it is to fight double slayer comp and that they need a nerf...