Recent Topics

Ads

Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

Post#51 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:07 pm

Kazekiri wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Bro I am not asking for nerf that's absolutely not my intention, I **** hate people asking for nerf on forums
I'm just stating a reality in the mentality you get when you queue order, I dont think any order can make the same winstreak as any of the top destro, not because order are noober, but because it's harder to win on order side, but that was just a details in my previous message tho, and aswel, it's a whole, it's not JUST sh, JUST snb dok, it's also the lack of kotbs, the lack of RP, etc. It's a whole.
This must be a time of day thing because I can't say that there are rarely RP or Knights in ranked queue.

As the MMR drops hard without win-streaks, you will notice, that all those at high rank queue only, when it is known, that decent players are in queue. Outside of those times, you are not going to see them. It makes sense and there is no other way to "protect" your MMR.
If you just queue over and over no matter what and have the luck to get pops, e.g. playing no dps class, the chances are high, that your MMR tanks.
It's not very smart but maybe you just need the currency and don't care for anything else.
MMR doesn't tell a lot without knowing the context.
Dying is no option.

Ads
marafado
Suspended

Post#52 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:08 pm

streamers, tryharders and xrealm power rangers can go to group ranked :) thay can fight each other, this guys are very social, 5 friends is no problem for sure :)

Jusva321

Post#53 » Sun May 16, 2021 1:31 pm

we have 44 in que but we cant get one game to pop :)

1 make it so all can que with one order and one destro toon

2 destro can meet destro or a mix can it be don ?

marafado
Suspended

Post#54 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:27 pm

this "alpha test" patch is great to reduce the toxicity above 1500 mmr ;P, only got 1 pop in 3 days, was a draw no insults in the party, seems a nice thing to remember :)

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#55 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:25 pm

solo ranked is the perfect for casual players.
maybe u should get rid of mmr and restriction of rdps vs mdps and just have fun ;)
if u split the player base in any kind it will hurt.
get back to mmr if u have hundreds of players in que.

space44

Post#56 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 pm

ive noticed whenever city siege happens ranked it dead i mean 0 0 0 0 destro and 0 0 0 0 order. after city its still dead with at least 2 people queueing, ranked is only really active when its a infinite battle in the lakes with no knowledge if zones will change.

what ive come up with its either 1 or the other. keep ranked and remove city or have a longer timer for it, or scrap ranked and keep city.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

oaliaen

Post#57 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:55 pm

My opinion at 1000 ranked matches overall:

Keep lower brackets but let high tier players to play it too whitout losing mmr on defeat and just 1 mmr for winning. Making us queue two different matches.

marafado
Suspended

Post#58 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:23 pm

any change to give the players that just wna make some fights and farm the emblems a downgrade to lower tier?

uper tier and group ranked should be a special place for special players, and the other players should be able to choose if they wana join or not to this special group :)

Ads
Evilest

Post#59 » Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:45 pm
zulnam wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:27 pm I assume it's the pet project of one or two people on the team.
It isn't a pet project that one forcefully added to the roadmap, it's part of what an MMO should include in its diverse aspects.

Arsanist wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:16 pm Off the top of my head - What about adding a 'I don't mind mixing brackets' button so that the higher MMR guys can choose to play with lower MMR players if it means getting pops?
Sounds like a good idea to test, we'll have to check its pros and cons with Dalen and evaluate if it's worth being added:
If that is possible then please add a button or setting to normal scenarios so that we don't get 1 healer vs 6 and the like if we don't feel like feeding the opposite realm.

Arthem

Post#60 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:19 am

Put it back in the regular que list. Thats the biggest problem IMHO. The bracketing can still work if people can que normally. Later if it continues to have low action you could try to adjust the brackets a bit.