Recent Topics

Ads

Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Arsanist

Re: Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

Post#41 » Sun May 16, 2021 11:56 am

Jusva321 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:41 am there were alot off fun games before yes sometimes one side was stacked but that was way better then 0 games all day

dont even know how we can talk about testing 0 games = 0 tests
+1
Arsanist - BW on live.

Ads
Kazekiri

Post#42 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:04 pm

Fai wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:55 am
Kazekiri wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:32 am ...the risk of losing mmr is even higher on order because of what i stated before, ex: you gonna face shield dok rSH WE...
isnt that getting old?? how many good rSH are there? have you checked top 100 (i did for you).
there are 4 SH in top 100 and not given all are rSH (brocoli and zarbix playing mSH).
no doubt its a strong class, but always pulling the same is a bit boring, isnt it?
same with sdok...definetly a strong class, but needs to be played by the proper ppl.
i dont whine about how annoying and boring it is to fight double slayer comp and that they need a nerf...
Bro I am not asking for nerf that's absolutely not my intention, I **** hate people asking for nerf on forums
I'm just stating a reality in the mentality you get when you queue order, I dont think any order can make the same winstreak as any of the top destro, not because order are noober, but because it's harder to win on order side, but that was just a details in my previous message tho, and aswel, it's a whole, it's not JUST sh, JUST snb dok, it's also the lack of kotbs, the lack of RP, etc. It's a whole.

mongothebarbarian

Post#43 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 pm

Kazekiri wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:32 am ...the risk of losing mmr is even higher on order because of what i stated before, ex: you gonna face shield dok rSH WE...
isnt that getting old?? how many good rSH are there? have you checked top 100 (i did for you).
there are 4 SH in top 100 and not given all are rSH (brocoli and zarbix playing mSH).
no doubt its a strong class, but always pulling the same is a bit boring, isnt it?
same with sdok...definetly a strong class, but needs to be played by the proper ppl.
i dont whine about how annoying and boring it is to fight double slayer comp and that they need a nerf...
The damage of even a freebootaz sh ,that you wouldn't expect anything from, is silly. When they use squigbeast and squig frenzy, people are dying through guard. Its not even a matter of debate anymore. On top of that when you have someone that can play the class its just unkillable, not even WL can do anything to it. Shield dok is also part of this Destro-favored bash someone down through guard solo ranked meta, which is the best you can hope for when there's almost no coordination. I've played enough Solo Ranked on both sides as well as the people that I talk to and we all draw pretty much the same conclusion.

Shield WP is an abomination too but it's clearly not on the same level as DoK and add on top of this there is a shield DoK in almost every game, there are maybe two people playing shield WP at the moment.

If the two slayers are good, yea double slayer can be scary for an unexperienced team. But slayer (and choppa) are the hardest melees in the game to play because if you get knocked down in red you die in half a second, losing the game for your team. Add on top of that Slayers are playing almost every game against multiple AP drains where people don't have the courtesy to run AP for their team and its a joke. The class is definitely not on the level of shield dok and rSH for solo ranked.

If there were actually pops its almost perfect at the moment with 95% of the order derankers being in the lower bracket and there being 2 archmages above 1450 so all the rSH bandwagoners are stuck in queue.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#44 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:25 pm

Jusva321 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:36 am the testing part i all good but there is no games i think this change shoud be undon now so we can game or ... season 2 so we dont just talk about it
We're doing it now so we can all have a clearer idea before Season 2 starts. If we want to test anything, now is the time.

Jusva321 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:02 am Gratz gravod you kill any ranked there was and for every day week we have to test this 0 games we are losing the ranked momentum we had before
If the suggestions weren't considered good in the first place, they wouldn't have been implemented. Stop harassing players or devs for playing together, they have the right to enjoy the game in organized teamplay as much as you. There are ongoing discussions on a daily basis regarding ranked and till now we've gathered 2 fruitful suggestions from this thread. Consider suggesting or giving constructive feedback rather than pointing fingers.

Jusva321 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:41 am dont even know how we can talk about testing 0 games = 0 tests
You're testing the system, not the outcome of the games. Rest assured that I'm taking notes and we're having daily discussions regarding ranked. It will cause several days of disappointment, that's understandable and sorry for that. There's no other way to test new stuff that require genuine live interactions between players, unlike new abilities or new items, these can be done on dev server.

Spoiler:
mongothebarbarian wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:19 pm
Spoiler:
The damage of even a freebootaz sh ,that you wouldn't expect anything from, is silly. When they use squigbeast and squig frenzy, people are dying through guard. Its not even a matter of debate anymore. On top of that when you have someone that can play the class its just unkillable, not even WL can do anything to it. Shield dok is also part of this Destro-favored bash someone down through guard solo ranked meta, which is the best you can hope for when there's almost no coordination. I've played enough Solo Ranked on both sides as well as the people that I talk to and we all draw pretty much the same conclusion.

Shield WP is an abomination too but it's clearly not on the same level as DoK and add on top of this there is a shield DoK in almost every game, there are maybe two people playing shield WP at the moment.

If the two slayers are good, yea double slayer can be scary for an unexperienced team. But slayer (and choppa) are the hardest melees in the game to play because if you get knocked down in red you die in half a second, losing the game for your team. Add on top of that Slayers are playing almost every game against multiple AP drains where people don't have the courtesy to run AP for their team and its a joke. The class is definitely not on the level of shield dok and rSH for solo ranked.

If there were actually pops its almost perfect at the moment with 95% of the order derankers being in the lower bracket and there being 2 archmages above 1450 so all the rSH bandwagoners are stuck in queue.
Kazekiri wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Spoiler:
Bro I am not asking for nerf that's absolutely not my intention, I **** hate people asking for nerf on forums
I'm just stating a reality in the mentality you get when you queue order, I dont think any order can make the same winstreak as any of the top destro, not because order are noober, but because it's harder to win on order side, but that was just a details in my previous message tho, and aswel, it's a whole, it's not JUST sh, JUST snb dok, it's also the lack of kotbs, the lack of RP, etc. It's a whole.
Make a new thread about balance please, you're carrying this thread to a class vs class/faction vs faction keyboard war.

Jusva321

Post#45 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:31 pm

yea sorry my fun just went to 0 real fast :)

marafado
Suspended

Post#46 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:38 pm

i dont understant why the special snow flakes dont focus they attention in ranked group and leave the solo ranked for the nubs !

Jusva321

Post#47 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:48 pm

you need 5 freinds :)

nonfactor

Post#48 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:52 pm

Kabuco wrote: That's easy to point out.
Players that call themselves top tier don't want to have players in their team who don't know how to play. At first they thought people below RR70 where the problem, so the first bracket appeared. But soon you could see there are enough players with high RR and gear that can't play that good. Result of this is the new higher bracket. This bracket is filled with people who mostly only queue for ranked if they see the right people on their side playing too.
http://joostdevblog.blogspot.com/2014/1 ... s.html?m=1
those high RR and well geared people that cannot play well or so called mmr assassins are necessary evil. there are just way too few players for brackets/real matchmaking.
If athe suggestions weren't considered good in the first place, they wouldn't have been implemented. Stop harassing players or devs for playing together, they have the right to enjoy the game in organized teamplay as much as you. There are ongoing discussions on a daily basis regarding ranked and till now we've gathered 2 fruitful suggestions from this thread. Consider suggesting or giving constructive feedback rather than pointing fingers.
If you associate yourself with infamous players like Gravord, who is the most toxic twitch streamer of ror and regularlly behaves terribly towards other players (there are so many videos of that if you need any proof) them do not be surprised when people call you out for that. I very much doubt wargrimmnir would support that since he does not tolerate toxic players having any say in anything. There is a reason why every realm champion has untainted reputation.
Last edited by nonfactor on Sun May 16, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#49 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:53 pm

marafado wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:38 pm i dont understant why the special snow flakes dont focus they attention in ranked group and leave the solo ranked for the nubs !
agreed. have you ever thought about mix destro and order? let destro fight vs destro or even wp side on side with a dok if thats possible ;)

Kazekiri

Post#50 » Sun May 16, 2021 12:58 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:25 pm Make a new thread about balance please, you're carrying this thread to a class vs class/faction vs faction keyboard war.
Because class vs class debate is related to the WIN question, and the WIN question is related on how inactive the upper bracket is.
If dont we adress it, it's fine, at least consider the reason n2 why ladder is dying : the MMR system, if you are on the top ladder, it doesnt put you in a position where you BENEFIT to queue, you can only LOSE mmr unless you make a win streak.