Recent Topics

Ads

Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
space44

Re: Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

Post#71 » Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm

just remove the ranked scenario from the normal scenario lobby and make the ranked scenario lobby more visible. Players are still pressing "Join all" and getting into ranked.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#72 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:54 pm

space44 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm just remove the ranked scenario from the normal scenario lobby and make the ranked scenario lobby more visible. Players are still pressing "Join all" and getting into ranked.
You shouldn't see ranked part of normal SCs anymore though.

Akalukz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:48 pm People like others to know them, so increase their visibility. Something from GW1 was when a team won in HoM a server broadcast went out (thinkingin RR80 type thing).
Destruction Wins - Bob (DoK) / Tim (Zealot) / PussinBoots (SH) / Frand (Chosen) / Slap (BO) / Tryhard (Mara) - 5% renown buff for 30 mins (non stackable)
Could do the same for Ranked Group - Guild Name " "" ""
The winners of the next seasons will be fairly known, we got that covered for them :)

Arsanist wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:16 pm Hopefully more ppl get promoted and the games fill up
This is what everyone needs, people to queue up. What do you guys think of adding an MMR depreciation which decreases a player's MMR over time?

AeternusX wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:10 pm Or change the 1450 number to a lower one, like 1400 or even 1350. Or charge it to as it was, with RR. Maybe with a tweak or something. And also you could add more rewards so more and more people would play.
This is a season 2 testing phase. In season 2, there will be tons of new and unique rewards that are highly valuable. The 1450 MMR could be lowered to settle on the optimal breakeven point.

abezverkhiy

Post#73 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:45 pm

My apologies if I ask stuff that was answered already but
1. I wanted to queue solo ranked this weekend but there was no tab for ranked at all. Didn't want to Join All because of premades but I could not find ranked option . How come?
2. Is matching tanks-dps-healers working for both solo and premades?
3. Who is this Gravod fella and what did he do to earn so much hatred?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

abezverkhiy

Post#74 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:54 pm

I remember MMR depreciation in WoW - it put enormous pressure on some players. Some could play constantly and keep their rating afloat others had real life commitments like work, studies, business trips and they were punished badly.

The depreciation of MMR will surely bring this 'excitement' to RoR. Think twice.

Arthem

Post#75 » Tue May 18, 2021 12:51 am

It don't matter if ppl accidently que because enter in the beginner bracket.

It needs to be in que list like all scens but it should be possible to blacklist it if they want. In the past it wasn't possible to blacklist it.

And if you hide it in the addon it becomes less accessible.

Bloodmasked

Post#76 » Tue May 18, 2021 5:11 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:45 pm My apologies if I ask stuff that was answered already but
1. I wanted to queue solo ranked this weekend but there was no tab for ranked at all. Didn't want to Join All because of premades but I could not find ranked option . How come?

Look for this icon on your ui for queueing.

Its always 2-2-2 group composition. Grouped rank I'm not sure if you can bring different.

Gravord streams ranked solo on twitch. He talks with the developer for ranked so probably is the reason behind some changes.

abezverkhiy

Post#77 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:36 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:11 am
abezverkhiy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:45 pm My apologies if I ask stuff that was answered already but

Look for this icon on your ui for queueing.

Its always 2-2-2 group composition. Grouped rank I'm not sure if you can bring different.

Gravord streams ranked solo on twitch. He talks with the developer for ranked so probably is the reason behind some changes.
Thank you bud

Bloodmasked

Post#78 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:11 am

The queue seems to be bugged and your match is 3v6 so probably best not to queue atm unless you think 1 tank 1 dps 1 heal is enough to win

Ads
Haskr

Post#79 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:14 am

GamesBond wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:54 pm
space44 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:58 pm just remove the ranked scenario from the normal scenario lobby and make the ranked scenario lobby more visible. Players are still pressing "Join all" and getting into ranked.
You shouldn't see ranked part of normal SCs anymore though.

Akalukz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:48 pm People like others to know them, so increase their visibility. Something from GW1 was when a team won in HoM a server broadcast went out (thinkingin RR80 type thing).
Destruction Wins - Bob (DoK) / Tim (Zealot) / PussinBoots (SH) / Frand (Chosen) / Slap (BO) / Tryhard (Mara) - 5% renown buff for 30 mins (non stackable)
Could do the same for Ranked Group - Guild Name " "" ""
The winners of the next seasons will be fairly known, we got that covered for them :)

Arsanist wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:16 pm Hopefully more ppl get promoted and the games fill up
This is what everyone needs, people to queue up. What do you guys think of adding an MMR depreciation which decreases a player's MMR over time?

AeternusX wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:10 pm Or change the 1450 number to a lower one, like 1400 or even 1350. Or charge it to as it was, with RR. Maybe with a tweak or something. And also you could add more rewards so more and more people would play.
This is a season 2 testing phase. In season 2, there will be tons of new and unique rewards that are highly valuable. The 1450 MMR could be lowered to settle on the optimal breakeven point.
GamesBond can you talk a bit about the new rewards and ranked shop merchants and what they offer and when they will come? are there plans to make the triumphant/victorious set more cheaper?

Ysaran

Post#80 » Tue May 18, 2021 10:53 am

This^
A couple of time someone joined the ranked and then left immediately. Leaving us fighting 5vs6.
Zputadenti