Recent Topics

Ads

Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jusva321

Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

Post#1 » Sat May 15, 2021 9:59 am

So we went from 3 to 5 games to 0

it worked for one day but then it diede :(

i undestand that meany off us is not as good as gravod but then agian ... meany off us ... gravod .... maby the games shoud not do what makes one guy happy but look ad the 44 othere guys in the ranked que

1450 yes it poped for one day and then it was no more

below 1450 is a free for all in merc and no one enjoy thos games ... so it went to 1 maby 2 games for a short while and now it is dead aswell

we dont have the pop to have brackets like this, and if you look ad the amount off games played this weekend. I am sure that will tell the story better then i can here, kill this change fast before the ranked momentum we had is gon.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Re: Brackets in ranked was it a mistake

Post#2 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:04 am

The system is still being tested and the MMR barrier of 1450 could change, give it more time. There have been numerous pops too when I was logged on every night.

If you have good suggestions, feel free to share them rather than getting salty about another person's suggestions.

Jusva321

Post#3 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:06 am

thx :) when you look ad who can play it is 120 guys that can play in the top, and if you remove all that is inactive that number shoud be more like 80. if you then punt in times zones and that you need a 2 2 2 i understand why no games go off

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:07 am

Jusva321 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:06 am thx :) when you look this is 120 guys that can play in the top and if you remove all that is inactive that number shoud be more like 80 if you then punt in times zones and that you need a 2 2 2 i understand why no games go off
We understand that, that's logical and expected to happen. These are part of the preparations for ranked season 2 which will be more popular and we expect more participants.

BelligerentBob

Post#5 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:11 am

I have to disagree with you. This weekend it may seem like Ranked is dead but I believe it will be more popular after the LE. Casual players will start queueing to farm the gear, especially after watching Fixxxer stream and win. Fully expecting to see more guilds stacking queues in the following days.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Rumpel

Post#6 » Sat May 15, 2021 2:53 pm

Its sad because ranked is so fun ... and everyone can learn so much. You can see in normal scs who plays ranked cause of its more group based behaviour. Thats some cool impact of ranked. I hope it gets more popular!
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Arsanist

Post#7 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:16 pm

Off the top of my head - What about adding a 'I don't mind mixing brackets' button so that the higher MMR guys can choose to play with lower MMR players if it means getting pops?

I like playing 6v6 in a more controlled environment so I would just like more pops, if we lose then we lose. I know other people have different reasons for playing ranked (like trying to achieve high MMR) but unfortunately it is a small player base so it is hard to be too picky.

I recently tried encouraging some friends to try ranked, they had a go but I am not sure it is for them. It wasn't a problem with the system but they just didn't enjoy, or apply themselves to the style of play - I think this is the main issue, finding players who 'want' to play 6v6. If there were more player then the current system would be fine.
Arsanist - BW on live.

nonfactor

Post#8 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:17 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:04 am If you have good suggestions, feel free to share them rather than getting salty about another person's suggestions.
1 bracket that requires 70rr and invader ward

Ads
zulnam

Post#9 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Maybe an unpopular opinion but i'll just say it: i don't care for ranked, never have, and am actually a bit disappointed the dev team spends so many resources on it (i assume it's the pet project of one or two people on the team). What makes Warhammer Online special is not the instanced pvp. If i wanted that i would play one of the dozen modern games that do it just as well if not better.

So...
Spoiler:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Jusva321

Post#10 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:27 pm

i like the 70+ and invader and everybody els below then mmr can try and mix from who is on