Recent Topics

Ads

Currency and reward tweaks

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BluIzLucky

Re: Currency and reward tweaks

Post#11 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:34 pm

Neflak wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:00 pm Fort contribution is a bit crazy, if you DC or show up after stage 2 you can't even get contribution for losing as a defender for one medal.

As someone who is trying to grind through getting invader gear to compete effectively in city and ranked SCs it wouldn't hurt to discourage giving gold bags to those who don't even need invader gear...

Right now it feels like the best way to even get invader gear is to join a premade city WB and que for that, the RvR lakes are too RNG for bag rolls (comin from a destro PoV if you are on order its probably the opposite since they push and win zone flips all day) and then fort defenses are rare/nonexistant these days as we've seen multiple 1* city sieges lately, so there is definitely something wrong.
Or the classic defend zone with aao, spend 10 mins getting to fort and waiting for it to start, the get rolled over by nascar and lose stage 3 on first push for +30 mins no reward :|
Duukar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:59 am Forts are so heavily in favour of order wins it’s not even funny.

Any tweaks to the rewards need to be given to the losers. It’s a damn joke right now how much more resources order farms from Fort after Fort after Fort win. If you let people pass on gold bags it’s just stacking more gear for order.

Honestly it’s silly how much farming order does winning forts. Stack more Broadheads guys.
I think it was deliberate move to reduce the total amount of medals for losers to encourage more fighting for bags/winning, which would be fine if the most valuable bags didn't go to Panodil lol.. And it might just have the opposite effect hence they now also have a fort realm lock out time.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#12 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:44 pm

Hi agian,

Some additional suggestions:

1) apparently 4 and 5 star cities does not give 2 royals to attackers if they lose a stage, but does give it to defenders for losing. No idea why, please make it 2 for either side, having 2 and 5 star reward the same for losing is anticlimactic.

2) add option to remember/save PQ opt out selection per individual PQ.

3) So.. I realize now that there was only one ranked currency, but lucky much of what was said in OP applies to the new insignias to a lesser degree.

The new MMR system you use is described by the creators to NOT be for rewarding performance, as this leads to people trying to game the system rather than just enjoying the best matched games possible.

So while I get what you are going for..
I would still suggest merging the ranked tokens and instead just increase the prices for the single currency according to how hard you want it to be to get it.

Avelinna

Post#13 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:19 am

This sounds a bit too easymode for me. I think the system is fine a few minor. There is an issue with no invader in gold bags for people with full invader. They are still needed for invader weapons so i think no changes are required.

CyunUnderis

Post#14 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:40 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:02 am
2.2 fort gold bags to only drop gear you don't have. While this should really also apply to vanq, at least vanq is much quicker to get.
Right now to be efficient you basically have to save up medals not buy any pieces until you can buy the whole set according to the pieces that dropped, these are the two most annoying sets to get.
Another solution should be that gold bags (for lock zone, PQ, keep, ...) drop a token (like for the Keeper's Set). With that token you can buy any piece of the set of your level. For example, if you loot Vanquisher medals in bags, then you can buy a piece of Vanquisher. If you loot Conqueror medals, then you can buy a piece of Conqueror, ... This way you can easily gear a character with a full Set.

I don't know if, with this, the Invader Set will be too easy to acquire, but at least, it will help new players or reroll to access to a good set (Vanquisher).

BluIzLucky

Post#15 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:57 am

While I think sets should be easier to get (I've only gotten a full warlord (AM) and sov off (SM) and it's taken me a year to essentially get less than 1/24 of all sov sets).

the main point was that sets before vanq are easy to get with currency as you soons as you have the lvl for it.
Warlord / sov while not easy to get, you can at least get in any order and as soon as you want.
Unlike vanq and invader which you should wait until you can buy the full set to buy the first piece.
If removing duplicates pieces from gold bags is too easy then maybe just 2x medallions and don't have pieces at all.