Recent Topics

Ads

Fix Broadhead Arrows to match other DoTs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sybreal

Re: Fix Broadhead Arrows to match other DoTs

Post#11 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:28 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:25 am
Any dot from x players stacks, so triple stacks from x players stack too, this working as intended and in line with any other dot.
The issue isn't that the skill stacks 3 times, its that if 24 shadow warriors shot you with a BHA you'd get 24 stacks of it. Then 48, then 72. As far as I know, no other dot or effect works like that, there is a max of 3 unique applications of that effect. If BHA worked the same way, players would at most have 9 stacks of BHA on them (3 from 3 players).

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Sybreal wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 2:28 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:25 am
Any dot from x players stacks, so triple stacks from x players stack too, this working as intended and in line with any other dot.
The issue isn't that the skill stacks 3 times, its that if 24 shadow warriors shot you with a BHA you'd get 24 stacks of it. Then 48, then 72. As far as I know, no other dot or effect works like that, there is a max of 3 unique applications of that effect. If BHA worked the same way, players would at most have 9 stacks of BHA on them (3 from 3 players).
They all work afaik the same, I am glad to be wrong but I don't think e.g. Marauder Rend doesn't stack individually per player. The stacking damage is based on your own stats, you can't just add a 3rd stack to someone else's double stack.

Or did you mean, that there can't be more that 3 individual versions of the same effect on a target?

Like Slasha increases toughness debuff but only the highest debuff counts, there are still multiple triple stacks on target, if multiple choppas use the skill.
When using pbaoe, only the highest damage aoe tick counts but still all skills are active in that area.
They don't cancel each othera damage out, unless it is pbaoe.
Dying is no option.

Sybreal

Post#13 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 pm They all work afaik the same, I am glad to be wrong but I don't think e.g. Marauder Rend doesn't stack individually per player. The stacking damage is based on your own stats, you can't just add a 3rd stack to someone else's double stack.

Or did you mean, that there can't be more that 3 individual versions of the same effect on a target?

Like Slasha increases toughness debuff but only the highest debuff counts, there are still multiple triple stacks on target, if multiple choppas use the skill.
When using pbaoe, only the highest damage aoe tick counts but still all skills are active in that area.
In my previous example, if 24 shadow warriors hit BHA on you you'd have 24 individual DoT effects. If they did it again, those 24 would each have a 2x application (48 total), then 3x (72 total). If 24 engineers threw acid bombs on you, you'd only receive 3 acid bomb DoT effects. They don't stack, so it would always be 3. If BHA worked the same way as literally every other DoT, the maximum BHA stacks on 1 person would be 9. 3 stacks of 3 from 3 individual players.

SWEtree

Post#14 » Tue May 18, 2021 4:20 pm

So we need to nerf SWs? That is something new.
Lucirona WP
Lucironia KOTBS
Luciran WL

elykz

Post#15 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Sw has always been my favorite class, but i have to say the 'not so recent' changes to it is the reason why i stopped playing the class.

The dot stacking mechanics is very annoying, having to spam the same ability multiple times is not really fun (repetitive and not reactive). Also, the removal of the range increase tactic leading to max range difference between the main dots is also extremely frustrating.

I know it's the direction the RoR team wanted to impulse to sw, but i hope this will be re-evaluated one day.

Wdova

Post#16 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:49 am

elykz wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 pm The dot stacking mechanics is very annoying, having to spam the same ability multiple times is not really fun (repetitive and not reactive).

Thats how works spamable dots of WH, WE and Marauder(Rend).
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

anarchypark

Post#17 » Wed May 19, 2021 8:48 am

Sybreal wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:03 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:49 pm They all work afaik the same, I am glad to be wrong but I don't think e.g. Marauder Rend doesn't stack individually per player. The stacking damage is based on your own stats, you can't just add a 3rd stack to someone else's double stack.

In my previous example, if 24 shadow warriors hit BHA on you you'd have 24 individual DoT effects. If they did it again, those 24 would each have a 2x application (48 total), then 3x (72 total). If 24 engineers threw acid bombs on you, you'd only receive 3 acid bomb DoT effects. They don't stack, so it would always be 3. If BHA worked the same way as literally every other DoT, the maximum BHA stacks on 1 person would be 9. 3 stacks of 3 from 3 individual players.

dot max at 3 different player ?
what is your source, i never heard of it.
if that's the global rule SW/SH should follow it imo.

and aoe BHA have short range.
use gtdc, stay behind HtL, mara pull, aoe nuke, cleans, AP drain.
there are plenty of counter.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

elykz

Post#18 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:36 am

Wdova wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:49 am
elykz wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:03 pm The dot stacking mechanics is very annoying, having to spam the same ability multiple times is not really fun (repetitive and not reactive).
Yes. However I don't play those classes, so i don't know how critical it is for them to spam those abilites.
But the fact other classes have to some extents the same mechanics does not imply this is fun mechanics.
Gameplay-wise, sw was perfectly fine without adding this repetitive dot stacking gameplay, this does not add anything to the fun of playing the class, it's only bringing annoyance
(but still less than the dots range inconsistencies, those are incredibly annoying..)

Ads
Adelmar

Post#19 » Wed May 19, 2021 12:54 pm

elykz wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:36 am
Wdova wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:49 am
sw was perfectly fine without adding this repetitive dot stacking gameplay, this does not add anything to the fun of playing the class, it's only bringing annoyance
(but still less than the dots range inconsistencies, those are incredibly annoying..)
I can agree with this point. Bringing back BHA to its original state would make it feel a bit more cohesive. Also, allow BHA to be used in assault stance because there was no reason in my mind to take that away while allowing Shadow Sting to be used still.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Foomy44

Post#20 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:05 pm

Adelmar wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:54 pm Also, allow BHA to be used in assault stance because there was no reason in my mind to take that away
I assume this was taken away due to the AoE BHA tactic. The downside of the tactic is 65 foot range, meaning they wanted it to be a riskier play style. Staying in double armor stance the entire time you're spamming ranged aoe kinda doesn't play into the risky playstyle thing, and is probably a bit too effective RDPS for what is supposed to be a mostly melee stance. I would definitely prefer it if the tactic is what removed the ability to use BHA in assault stance instead of taking it away for everyone.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman