Recent Topics

Ads

Fix Broadhead Arrows to match other DoTs

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zulnam

Re: Fix Broadhead Arrows to match other DoTs

Post#31 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:44 am

Forts are the only place where BfA feels strong, because it is. Especially on defense. Having 5-10 rSWs on the stairs spamming bfa is a pretty big hit, and even if the oWB warband can survive it, it doesn't really help if they're the only ones who got in. My SW feels like an absolute terminator in forts. Best i've got was 27 KBs (vanq gear).

On the other hand, it's pretty weak everywhere else. Only reason it's good in forts is because everyone is sardined in a small area with very little wiggle room. In rvr or city, your bfa will not hit as hard cause it won't hit as many.l, making it also less of a strain on healers.

So yeah. BfA is strong in forts. My personal belief is that rSW stack greatly increase the chances of fort defenses. It's like the literal zerg charging four by four on a bunker full of upgraded marines that's also on a hill.

Rolgrom's cheeky SW boi warbands are also pretty strong in RvR, replying heavily on aoe pressure and kitting.

But come city, we shove that BfA down their throat ;)
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
agemennon675

Re: Fix Broadhead Arrows to match other DoTs

Post#32 » Thu May 27, 2021 1:11 pm

Keula wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:11 am
agemennon675 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:03 pm By all means you are free to be skeptical, but make sure to prove your points where in an organised enviroment BHA doing that much dmg to a guarded target with screenshots. I personally have no problem figthing against a cleansable physical dmg dot thats all.
Have you tried healing on destro when attacking a fort that order actually defends? The outside of lord room pressure is massive and you don't have time to cleanse the acid bombs, BHA:s and whatnot and now with no BO CD reducer its only every 5 secs anyways. Also not every person who is attacking fort is in full sov with armor talis so BHA adds to the critical mass of killing pugs outside before the charge even happens leaving the X organized destro warbands pushing alone.
Yes I did, never had any problems with bha’s but I only join organised warbands yet I always see 5-7 full pug warbands with 2 healers in them on both sides in forts ofc theyare going to melt no matter what.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer