Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
detrap

Re: Rampage balance suggestion

Post#41 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:30 pm

Powell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:18 am
Spoiler:
detrap wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:49 am
Powell wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 am Order doesn't have to worry about rampage mate.

But order doesn't have 50% block channel abilities while destro have two classes with this ability, it doesn't defend against rampage but when you have a blackguard with 1500 toughness to mitigate all that damage from rampage and 90% block to avoid all the other defendable attacks at the same time, it seems to even out.

Just saying it is a lot easier to type out the perfect situation on your phone and say "just 'blank' 4head" . Reminds me of those dudes back in guild wars 2 who used to say "just dodge lol" Things aren't nearly as clean and convenient as everyone likes to claim on these forums. Especially with lag, latency, and positional bugs (been parried and blocked from behind too many times to count, same thing with knocked down enemies parrying/blocking from the bum)

That's just a latency/lag issue, you deal with it as best you can. It's the same for everyone. Rarely had an issue in warband encounters getting my important attacks to work on targets and my latency is very high.

Anyone with experience playing this game knows things aren't always so easy or clean, especially when it is a messy 300 v 300 or more.

Those are rare occasions, I'm referring to more common warband vs warband events (or similar/smaller). So what abilities do you use apart from cc when assisting targets with your dps? Shattering/severing should be one of the first when its available, and in somewhere like city sieges, its very easy to land your attacks.

You make it sound like rampage is a crap ability because every tank and their mom is shattering it. Which, again, is hardly the case lol.

I didn't say that, but I will say it's not an overpowered one either. Albeit we have to wait and see what happens with destro not having access to cdr as often as before to help spam shatter enchantment more easily, that's IF the general population of destro tanks actually use it in the first place.
1. The block channel classes you mentioned are the only classes with shatter enchantment. Chosen has only sever blessing. So how is it a bo or bg is supposed to channel at the same time as spamming shatter enchantment, as they can obviously not do both at the same time...
Also can I see a screen shot of a 1500 toughness bg, that sounds neat

2. I'm glad you can get your abilities off. But I would say it seems a bit silly to say things like "it works for me!" When plenty of other people have mentioned connection issues. Remind me of people who say on gaming forums "well it works for my rig!" When a game is released buggy.

3. And yeah if you are playing a poorly skilled wb you can derp around and focus the MA target with everyone else. But in reality a good tank is swapping guards and trying to cc incoming dmg and focus targets on cooldown. As well as punting away people that need to be punted.

Sure there are tons of times when you see rampage and you turn to target a slayer to shatter in the moment, but if that is all you're focusing on you're either playing a low skill wb or you already lost.

4. It is obvious from your signature and comments which side you main. I'm trying to spent even amounts of time on both sides and I can tell you a lot of the players play both sides. It allows me a better perspective, one i would hope for everyone on the server. So the same tanks who "don't know how to shatter" on destro are the same who "don't know how to shatter" on order. Just luckily you don't have to worry about rampage when playing on order.

Believe what you want to believe. Nerf rampage because your connection is bad. I enjoy playing both sides, just trying to help give some advice on how to play the classes to counter/mitigate rampage, because they do exist. Rampage isn't even the best thing in the Slayer skill trees that make them strong.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads
Wdova

Post#42 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:57 pm

teiloh wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:39 am Rampage is fine as is, especially with Chosen getting Mixed Defenses + Suppression granting Chosen +50% Parry, BG having a core AOE block/parry debuff, and BO having +50% block on demand.

Maybe balance all of these as well.
Bo +50% block channel has drawback - 40% run spedd while channeling.

Actualy idea of removing parry from slayer when he pop rampage is not bad at all. Something like pop in yellow slayer ignore 50% of enemy defences and lose 50% of parry, pop in red he ignore 100% of enemy defences, but loose 100% parry.

Edit: ppl stating, that order has no 50% block channel. It is correct, but no destro tank has +50% parry, dodge, disrubt channel for 2h spec or - 50% damage recieved self buff 😉
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

cynicprophet

Post#43 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Drawback of the skill is dropping rage to gain benefit from rampage.You trade your damage to get this utility.Nothing wrong with rampage.

Jinxypie

Post#44 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 pm

Dont bother guys. Rampage Is iconic ability, therefore can't be nerfed. Like RunAway... oh wait.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Winry

Post#45 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:24 pm

Jinxypie wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:18 pm Dont bother guys. Rampage Is iconic ability, therefore can't be nerfed. Like RunAway... oh wait.
Speaking of runaway why can SH use it while attacking or using abilities without breaking the spell like any other "charge ability" does.

cynicprophet

Post#46 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:26 pm

RuhRoh wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:43 am
ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:50 pm

It does have a drawback it resets our rage (hence our dmg) and if we use Tactic to NOT loose rage its drawback is shorter uptime
Name one slayer that doesn't use it...
name those who does use it

Winry

Post#47 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:26 pm

cynicprophet wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:26 pm
RuhRoh wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:43 am
ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:50 pm

It does have a drawback it resets our rage (hence our dmg) and if we use Tactic to NOT loose rage its drawback is shorter uptime
Name one slayer that doesn't use it...
name those who does use it
This, rampage is way overrated lol.

Alubert

Post#48 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 pm

But order doesn't have 50% block channel abilities while destro have two classes with this ability, it doesn't defend against rampage but when you have a blackguard with 1500 toughness to mitigate all that damage from rampage and 90% block to avoid all the other defendable attacks at the same time, it seems to even out.

Damage from guard is unmitigated. You know what u can do with your 1500 tougness?
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ads
forsa

Post#49 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:42 pm

Alubert wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:38 pm
Damage from guard is unmitigated. You know what u can do with your 1500 tougness?
1) parry/block the guard damage with your ott parry/block tactic/buff
2) mitigate the aoe damage that is flying around with your 1500 toughness, including that omg op rampage damage

oaliaen

Post#50 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:57 pm

1+ Unable to parry when in Rampage

2+ Rampage can be used only in berserk mode

3+ Up to 13point in mastery tree