Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Earthcake

Re: Rampage balance suggestion

Post#81 » Mon May 31, 2021 2:58 pm

Yes, destro tanks are soooo bad and order ones are sooooo good that everybody plays tank on order. Oh wait...

Please, read ALL the skills and tactics before commenting on something. Or even better, play both classes you are comparing!
Chosen also got a parry buff on top of mixed defense...

I will refrain to answer to everything cause it's very obvious you are not playing the classes you are commenting on.

There is something I do agree with you 100% tho, SM > BO now. But well, BO was better for how long ? 3.5years or smthing ?

Ads
Bozzax

Post#82 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:05 pm

Stop no rampage is not a counter to dest tank avoidance ... defensive abilities on order tanks are.

IB for example is the tankiest class in game ;)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Earthcake

Post#83 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:14 pm

Bozzax wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:05 pm Stop no rampage is not a counter to dest tank avoidance ... defensive abilities on order tanks are.

IB for example is the tankiest class in game ;)
IB is the tankiest class in game yes.

But, did you just write that order tanks defensive abilities are a counter to destro tanks avoidance ??

Bozzax

Post#84 » Mon May 31, 2021 3:15 pm

I should have written ’is balanced with’ ofc but you know that already
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Vri

Post#85 » Mon May 31, 2021 4:56 pm

Shatter Enchantment works.

Bozzax

Post#86 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:02 pm

Not really if you and your group cover it and enemy lack CDR

+25% parry is is neat as well as M1
Last edited by Bozzax on Mon May 31, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sulorie

Post#87 » Mon May 31, 2021 5:03 pm

Remove avoidance ignore on guard damage and you are done.
Dying is no option.

Evilest

Post#88 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Again, the original (and I guess still standing idea) is to balance rampage without changing anything about its "specialness" as it's clear that will not and is not wanted to happen.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#89 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 pm

Vri wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:56 pm Shatter Enchantment works.
Stop giving people logical responses.
It defeats the purpose of these “nerf X because my class has no counter to it in 1v1 situations” threads.

Auzor

Post#90 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:34 pm

Earthcake wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:58 pm Yes, destro tanks are soooo bad and order ones are sooooo good that everybody plays tank on order. Oh wait...

Please, read ALL the skills and tactics before commenting on something. Or even better, play both classes you are comparing!
Chosen also got a parry buff on top of mixed defense...

I will refrain to answer to everything cause it's very obvious you are not playing the classes you are commenting on.

There is something I do agree with you 100% tho, SM > BO now. But well, BO was better for how long ? 3.5years or smthing ?
Playing all the classes: ain't nobody got time for that.
So yes, there is theorycrafting behind it.

Chosen: yes, I left out suppression; my apologies. It is a good ability; better than SM's +25% parry due to longer duration. (and I'd have no problem with extending SM's +25% parry buff, on condition of other buffs for BO/BG. )
Do note: Chosen has basically no + block talents. (unless I missed something once again :s )

Still, Chosen as a tank, is the 'favorite' tank looked for, destro side, for forming warbands/... big fights, for a reason:
+200 morale on block tactic, -10% chance to group be critted when he crits (though briefly) tactic, the Aura's,..
With or without 'suppression', Chosen brings some nice stuff to a group.

If you want to make the point, that Chosen is better than KotBS, I do think that that argument could be made.

SnB Chosen, could spend 3 tactic points, for the morale on block, mixed defenses, and -10% crit chance on a crit;
and have reasonable odds of being at +50% parry.
Parry works vs guard (defendable attacks), so right there, the value of a +block channel for BO/BG to survive 'guard' damage is questionable.
If it is so imba, 'mixed defenses' could be altered, say, on a parry, +15% block for 5s. (15% due to the conditional and short duration. Or change it to something else completely; +10% block, disrupt & dodge?).

There is, very, very little, a BO/BG SnB tank can do, that a Chosen or the equivalent order tank, can't do, and do better. ('shatter enchantment', vs 'sever blessing' eh...)
(BG has the howl for less defense AoE; but can just as well bring 2-hander for that, and bring the +crit debuff too. For BO, he can pick 2 + block tactics... but then wut.
For SM, BG & BO, the 'top' ability in the tanking tree, is a bit lackluster imo:
SM & BO have very short duration.
BG's only helps himself & 1 other person; and then really only vs crits, tied to hatred.

And I'm not advocating for BO to get the CD reduction back; but something else instead.