Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage balance suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Vri

Re: Rampage balance suggestion

Post#91 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:47 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:28 pm
Vri wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:56 pm Shatter Enchantment works.
Stop giving people logical responses.
It defeats the purpose of these “nerf X because my class has no counter to it in 1v1 situations” threads.
LOL ill just shut my orc mouth.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#92 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:54 pm

It defeats the purpose of these “nerf X because my class has no counter to it in 1v1 situations” threads.
Because it is easy to get CDR in your party on destro side to reliably shatter it. Oh wait, I think something got changed.
Dying is no option.

TARDIONm

Post#93 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:20 pm

great idea, xd or mb switch rampage to 13 point in midle three phah
FMJ

Winry

Post#94 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:54 pm
Because it is easy to get CDR in your party on destro side to reliably shatter it. Oh wait, I think something got changed.
Last time I checked destro still have chop fasta! but hey let's just keep ignoring it so my tears are justified.

krakatoag

Post#95 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:29 pm

Spoiler:
Winry wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 pm

Last time I checked destro still have chop fasta! but hey let's just keep ignoring it so my tears are justified.
Sure but you can see how it is definitely harder to slot 1/6 dps per party than it is to slot 1/3 tanks. Even if you have one choppa only the two tanks in that group are getting the benefit, which means you better have those two tanks only going against 2 slayers and those slayers don't parry each attempt at a GCD to shatter Rampage due to low str of tanks, let alone what other enchantments might be masking it.

Even with positioning perfect behind the slayer, and you have the choppa in your group, you better hope youre relay to the sever doesn't result in the many many back parries that happens.

Vri

Post#96 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:35 pm

krakatoag wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:29 pm
Spoiler:

Sure but you can see how it is definitely harder to slot 1/6 dps per party than it is to slot 1/3 tanks. Even if you have one choppa only the two tanks in that group are getting the benefit, which means you better have those two tanks only going against 2 slayers and those slayers don't parry each attempt at a GCD to shatter Rampage due to low str of tanks, let alone what other enchantments might be masking it.

Even with positioning perfect behind the slayer, and you have the choppa in your group, you better hope youre relay to the sever doesn't result in the many many back parries that happens.
Is this an alt account ?

Sulorie

Post#97 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:04 am

You missed the first part of the sentence? You can't squeeze a choppa in any group. So it doesn't matter whether you have CDR on paper, the reality is different.
Dying is no option.

Auzor

Post#98 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:48 am

Regarding 'sever enchantment': I don't think it is really viable.

Coming back to Destro 'tank avoidance':
any Order Mdps, can be at +25% parry, thanks to a pocket IB.

What do I think is perhaps a realistic approach to countering Slayer train: cc, such as disarm (especially non-melee), sure,
but certainly also AP drain; if melee: from behind whenever possible.
Example, BG: The -AP melee strike (max 30 AP with 90 hatred... MEH!!), 'Choking Fury': +20 AP cost to any ability within 10s,
especially paired with a (melee) DoK: Horrifying Offering tactic and Pillage Essence.
Due to +Parry, any AP drain from range is preferable.
Organized teams will AP pump of course; but still: a Rampaging Slayer with no AP is... not very threatening.

(When paired BG + DoK, you can do 'Warding Strike' (DoK), + Furious Howl to hopefully overcome the parry. )

Less 'sever enchantment' talk, more 'AP drain to 0' talk?

If Slayer Rampage, would lose his parry to compensate, then that would work heavily in favor of melee AP drain as a counter.
(with AP pump on the other end as counter-counter-play)

Ranged/Magic AP drain:
Sorceress, 'Visions of Torment': -30 AP over 5s; no cooldown. Not great.. but hey, every 5s.
Shaman: 'yer not so bad'?
(Chosen:Dreadful terror Aura)

Not a whole lot, but perhaps a more realistic approach than 'spam severe enchantment, and hope for the best'.

Ads
Tesq

Post#99 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:34 am

-both choppa/slayer alredy have a st debuff that remove 50% block/parry
-slayer dosent need rampage as min requirement for scenarios since you can like any other DD hit ppl in the back (so rampage is not a min requirement but a class general buff)
-slayer may need ramapge for aoe purpose since the debuff at point 1 is st.
-if slayer need rampage for aoe in rvr then the values should be accomodate for aoe balance not st balance
-if st debuff is 50% then aoe debuff must be 25% (aoe values is half the power of ST, same logic applied to snares CD in game between tank and dd)
st debuff of 50% and rampage none the less can stack for a 75% which is enough for st scenario really...ù
-rampage being shatterable (like most of stuff in game dosent mean it have to be broken)

rampage is also:
-a handy rage drop tool
-low grab fruit
-general class buffer for every build
-no penality in rage meccanic (change 25% dmg with 25% bypass = same dmg when used )
-became stronger while keeping build rage since you will be able to use it for 5 sec while berserk
-it has been BUFF (realy..) from live to IGNORE block/parry even on guard.

therefore it should be nerfed to 25%

N.B: how those bypass work.... most of classes go around with 40-50% parry so even reduces ramapge to 50% would not change the dmg this class is doing on 2/3 of archtype.
With a 25% reduction it will impact all archtype equaly.

N.B: nerf mara "monstro arm" 100% armor pen reduction as conseguence the same way to 25%

licenje

Post#100 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:53 am

Tesq wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:34 am -both choppa/slayer alredy have a st debuff that remove 50% block/parry
-slayer dosent need rampage as min requirement for scenarios since you can like any other DD hit ppl in the back (so rampage is not a min requirement but a class general buff)
-slayer may need ramapge for aoe purpose since the debuff at point 1 is st.
-if slayer need rampage for aoe in rvr then the values should be accomodate for aoe balance not st balance
-if st debuff is 50% then aoe debuff must be 25% (aoe values is half the power of ST, same logic applied to snares CD in game between tank and dd)
st debuff of 50% and rampage none the less can stack for a 75% which is enough for st scenario really...ù
-rampage being shatterable (like most of stuff in game dosent mean it have to be broken)

rampage is also:
-a handy rage drop tool
-low grab fruit
-general class buffer for every build
-no penality in rage meccanic (change 25% dmg with 25% bypass = same dmg when used )
-became stronger while keeping build rage since you will be able to use it for 5 sec while berserk
-it has been BUFF (realy..) from live to IGNORE block/parry even on guard.

therefore it should be nerfed to 25%

N.B: how those bypass work.... most of classes go around with 40-50% parry so even reduces ramapge to 50% would not change the dmg this class is doing on 2/3 of archtype.
With a 25% reduction it will impact all archtype equaly.

N.B: nerf mara "monstro arm" 100% armor pen reduction as conseguence the same way to 25%
-its not rage drop if you run full red
-yea cos ther is like one build on slayer ?
-no penalty in rage mahanic ? not if you go full red...
-slayer got no gap closer at all coppa has... and extra speed buff