Recent Topics

Ads

WH/WE = COOLDOWN INCOGNITO

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sarnai

Re: WH/WE = COOLDOWN INCOGNITO

Post#11 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:34 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:48 pm
Edit: oh oh oh, don't forget the ones in full Sov that have undefendable punts, too!
shhhhhhhh

Everyone move along, nothing to see here.
WH looking for gunbad left

Ads
Tabelrel

Post#12 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:59 pm

Personally, I think the cool down is fine as is and all the other get out of jail free cards both the WE\WH have. I would leave it as imho.

I really can't think of a situation where i would want more.
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

ZEDE

Post#13 » Tue May 25, 2021 10:50 pm

@sulorie : ok no prob , its not serious proposal ( its just your point of view , mine is different ).
@Krima : I repeat, this proposal also concerns your w.e, you really don't have anything in your head
@detangler : JCVD in avatar it immediately gives credit to you, thank you

abezverkhiy

Post#14 » Tue May 25, 2021 11:34 pm

The biggest benefit of that short cooldown for me was being able to actively take part in large long lasting battles. You attack, withdraw and can restealth immediately and continue hunt. With 30 sec cooldown you need to wait somewhere safe for next +/-15 sec. Not something too difficult, we all learnt ways to hide like cockroaches in every crack on the wall but playing without this necessity is more enjoyable.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

CeeJay89

Post#15 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:04 am

If you wanted a shorter cooldown, you'd have to change the way stealthing functions entirely.

For example, 10s would be reasonable if it was changed where you can't stealth for 10s after either a) attacking anyone with anything, or b) being hit by anything resetting the entire 10s cooldown (whether it's a DoT being applied (not the ticks), taking damage, and even if you parry, dodge or disrupt). The number of times I've been able to kill someone, then use my M1 and phase out of existence right in front of multiple others hitting me with <1000 HP is both hilarious and stupid.

That would make the class much more fluid in ORvR, as well as being much less frustrating and silly with the "get out of jail free cards". It would encourage better use of the terrain and smarter plays, and open up the possibility of instant cast stealth, since the 2s would be unnecessary since any damage or DoT application would put you into a 10s cooldown.

However, I'm not sure how well this would work in a group setting, since sometimes you'd want to restealth to apply openers, and sitting around for 10s doing nothing would be inefficient unless you were resetting the fight. So technically it would be a nerf (though would be much more fun to play and less frustrating to play against).

Otherwise, no, a lower cooldown would be broken without changing something like that. You'd have to sacrifice safety for fluidity.

Jazlizard

Post#16 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 am

I'll put my two cents in.

I think it was actually down to four seconds, at least for Witch Elves while it was bugged. I have to admit it made group fights much more engaging for me during the short time we had with it. Was able to engage and disengage more often instead of getting one shot to use my main class mechanic in longer fights. It also allowed for better performance in pug groups and SCs where guards are rare and heals can be tough to come by. I was honestly surprised at how much it changed my approach and frankly enjoyment of longer combat engagements - even ones where I was on the losing end.

I don't know what the right answer is - 30 seconds does feel to long, but I also know how frustrating it can be to have a target vanish in front of you while you're engaging it and having no recourse. Instead of having the cooldown reset as proposed by someone else, perhaps a longer cast time in exchange for a shorter cooldown would be a good trade off. That would reduce the frustration and provide people with greater opportunity to engage WH/WE before they re-stealth, forcing us to truly disengage cleanly before re-stealthing but also not taking us out of fights for 30 seconds while we wait for stealth to come back.

MagnarBuckethead

Post#17 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:31 am

Haha !

I do have to give credit to good old Zede (Galfric from Bene Theliax here)
I did not noticed the 10sec cooldown, until you pointed it.
Such a rush of dopamine when you can reapply burn armor so often, basically frees me the relic slot I keep for sanctified oil for Seal of Destruction.

I wish people would see dragongun WH as something more than just a Morale pumping (we got healing, outgoing healing and armor debuff for Sigmar' sake !)

also,
the vanish into stealth combo does not work so easely. In the very tiny window during which you cast sanctified Oil to go invisible, you can still be hit while you cast stealth. Its not a guaranteed get out of jail card as people seem to judge. Sure you can run away pretty easely, but you can still be stunned.

warlover

Post#18 » Wed May 26, 2021 7:42 am

Skullgrin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:53 pm That's odd, my suggestion would be to double it to 60 seconds...

:P
:x

Ads
ZEDE

Post#19 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:00 am

we agree that it lacks fluidity. I feel like I asked for the moon ... for a skill beneficial to both wh / we class.
for the cancellation and repop of cooldown 10 sec if damage suffers: this is already the case finally, when you have to spam inconito in melee (with a heal on the buttock) 10 times before going in stealth! .. I do not tell. not even without heal: it's impossible.
the discreet modification of the "I see you" system (under incognito) also hurt us a lot, you want to infiltrate a WB to attack the rear lines: no need, randomly / arbitrarily a player sees you in furtive way and that is finished you are dead! great for a stealth killer who is no longer stealthy lol (it concerns w.e too, I see them more and more, so they see me more and more ... it becomes absurd).

Rumpel

Post#20 » Wed May 26, 2021 9:10 am

When reducing the cooldown, what seems to have benefits in more group utillity, you have to give something. Maybe reducing duration of stealth back to the old one.

For pushing a more fluid game play I would test reducing the cast time also.

For me it sounds really interesting specially for groupplay. But it i think its maybe a lost for soloroaming, what the recent stealth system is more pushing right now, something what would be OK to me.

Sadly I couldn't test the cooldown bug but what I'm reading here from some experiences sounds really interesting and could lead to the so much wanted more group utility while still focused on our main ability stealth.

Imagine this for ranked makes me "do it devs!".
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler: