Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion][Slayer/Chopa 2H overhaul incoming

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Whyumadbro

[Suggestion][Slayer/Chopa 2H overhaul incoming

Post#1 » Wed May 26, 2021 9:54 am

Hey RoR Community (greenskinlanguage below),

last Patch was big news for all of us and in my personal experiance this game is getting better by the week with all the patches. But one thing rlly got hyped me up and made me say: damn i waited years for this - the overhaul of the chopa and slayer 2h specc! I play long years on this server (forgott to count) and slayer is my favorite class and the 2h specc for the is sub optimal atm.Because i play slayer more then choppa, my ideas will be argued from the possition of a I run bloodlord axe and a 5sov, 3 warlord mix with sentinel ring. the damage is nice but the specc feels a little underwhelming to me. So that a overhaul of the 2 h spec is promissed, I thought it would be a nice idea to open this thread and collect ideas for possible changes. My ideas would be:

Determination: - So this tactic is just absolute useless and i think none of us would pick that for pvp or pve and you have to waste a perfectly good tactic slot for it, wich is like one of the problems the sl/chop have. So what should change to make this tactic more appealing to players? My idea would be : - If your exhaustive blow is defended, your weaponskill, strength and thougthess is increased by 80 for 6 seconds, but if you are dualwielding you lose 160 strng, ws and thoughness. This would fit the "determination" theme of the tactic and would give the 2h spec a option more to pick instead of overlooking the old determination all the time. This would also allow to fit more in the role of a single target dps.

Cleft in twain: a very cool abilty that gets overlooked a bit, i use this abilty in the downtime the slayer have when building rage or waiting till the grudges stacks come back, but this abilty just feels awefull for a reason and does not rlly the trick. The duration is rlly short, and to keep this ability up on your target seems like a waste of ap and time. My idea: you attack your target with a devestating blow, dealing 360 dmg over 5 seconds and for as long this ability is active every hit with a giantslayer ignores 3% of the targets armor. - This would make the abilitly feel more like u actually cleft something in twain and not just a dot.

Holding Grudges: As a Slayer you have the Problem that 2 tactic slots are allready gone because of the 2 stat tactics, as a choppa its 3. So i think here the change should be 2 little things. First it would make this tactis so much better when you would get a stack of grudges every 3 seconds instead of 4, with a maximum of 4 stacks so that you can have the 100% discount every 12 secs with the downside : but if you are dualwielding you are 15% more likley to be criticaly hit. The second change should be that holding grudges should not be a tactic, but rather a toggle-ability wich u can turn off and on with a cooldown of 60sec, like funnel power for the bws. This would be a rage management ability and would not take away a precious tactic slot.

Devestate: - good as it is

Breaking point: This tactic is a must to take in my opinion and should not be changed. maybe this can be a toggle ability to, to save up a tactic slot.

Spellbreaker: best ability in the game imo, it feels very nice and does what it should do, to get the flair of a real spellbreaker, maybe the damage from this ability cannot be absorbed by shields but otherwise a very solid ability

looks like a challange: did anybody ever used that ability? why should i even skill it?

What you guys say? Too strong, too much buff my class dream? Give your ideas to the overhaul!

greenskin language:

Discus da posible builds ere ya gits

Ads
Auzor

Re: [Suggestion][Slayer/Chopa 2H overhaul incoming

Post#2 » Sat May 29, 2021 9:36 pm

Determination & other changes: I honestly don't see why tactics etc, should have *detrimental* effects for dual wielders.

(also: I reckon if anything, 2 smaller weapons would be better for single target, than 1 giant axe... but eh)

I actually like 'Determination', thematically I mean.
It just needs some buffs.
If one of your exhaustive blows is defended, then for 6s, any exhaustive blow will only use 50% action points, 50% of rage, be 10% harder to defend, 10% more likely to crit, and cool down 5s faster.
Alternatively: any time an exhaustive blow gets defended, you'll be refunded any rage, and the ability will immediately be of cooldown again. Only triggers every 6-10 seconds.
But perhaps something entirely different is better; i.e. not something procced by an attack getting defended.

Cleft in twain: it's fine I think.
The most obvious one would be to reduce incoming healing..
or even a snare.

Holding Grudges:
why would it even need to be a toggle?
Agreed, that the tactic-dependency is real.
But even you note that Choppa has it somewhat worse on that front.

Breaking point: no way +15% crit chance can be a 'toggle' ability. +15% crit chance is a top-tier tactic in many, many other class trees.
NB: 'fierce might' in path of trollslayer for + crit damage.
None of the abilites or tactics there seem to require dual wield, or be detrimental to 2-handed users;

Spellbreaker: the fact that it pops a shield bubble is already great.
(Choppa gets: -50% healing... I mean...). If there's 2 shields up on the target at same time, well... you still popped one.
(I'd like something similar for the (SnB) BG. Choppa has CD reduction, so does SM.
So why not mirror this type of capability, to SnB BG?

I think, Choppa 'path of da Hitta' is actually less interesting (no spellbreaker...)
So if anything, Choppa could use something here.
Target takes more damage for next 5s type maybe?
a big AP / Morale drain?

Looks like a challenge:
-50% healing, AoE for 10s.
Surely not the worst M4 in game?
If anything, the problem is that Chosen has an Aura with -25% healing done.
a lot of things seem cool for an M4, and then you realize one class, especially Aura tanks already deliver something similar without morales.
Still: certainly not the worst M4 IMO.

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:51 am

My sig has my ideas. Posted a while back, but who knows, maybe someone can make 2h more competitive. Sad, I made rr87 last October and have barely played my choppa sense.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Whyumadbro

Post#4 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:30 am

phononHYPE wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:51 am My sig has my ideas. Posted a while back, but who knows, maybe someone can make 2h more competitive. Sad, I made rr87 last October and have barely played my choppa sense.
lets see how the devs will overhaul the 2h specs. hopefully it will get the place in the meta

Drednes

Post#5 » Mon May 31, 2021 8:47 am

going from the Q&A answers on class reworks its going to be the AM/Shaman rework Then the Kobs/Chosen rework then maybe the slayer/choppa rework
we are going to wait a really long time if they havent changed their order of reworks

oaliaen

Post#6 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:55 am

After the SDoK nerf, Choppa/SL rework should be as soon as possible..

Whyumadbro

Post#7 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:59 am

oaliaen wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:55 am After the SDoK nerf, Choppa/SL rework should be as soon as possible..
that would be wonderfull