Recent Topics

Ads

Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Community Management, Management

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Justina
Posts: 37

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#101 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 am

redwolf777 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:17 am
Here is another instance from inside BP

https://imgur.com/a/seHMDAZ
You are standing with melee dps next to the door. Of course you are getting hit there but the radius is only small.

It also looks like the SMASH wb. They are running full elf wbs. Its like getting hit by the bitterstone dwarfs and all their engis.

Ads
mynban
Posts: 42

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#102 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:20 am

I will just drop my 2cents based on my experience in the weekend with 10~ish each sc I did on a mid tier dok(torment) and again mid tier wp(grace) for the event.

Whole 20~ish matches had same 2 SWs in them along with several other SWs on and off. I remember their names distinctly: 'Broheadarrow' and 'Balanced' They were doing nothing but spam BHA and they were at the top of damage by a miles in every game. Followed by a few BWs and other SWs. Order mdps barely had 1/4th of their damage, destro mdps barely hit 10k in most games. Every destro game we had 2 dedicated snb HtL tanks in front, and we almost never could make a push. NONE of the games I played destro won (whether I was on my WP or DoK). And all games were concluded with destro barely hitting 3 digit score if they can at all.

This is pug vs pug. I stopped playing before I could complete quest on either side, DoK couldnt get that hold orb till end quest, and WP couldnt barely get the kill count because destro stopped playing and SCs stop popping. And this is at a time no city going on, with pretty good population with 400+ (given current averages). Activity is the key for this game. Hope devs have some plans that will ramp up activity to bring players who are semi active like me back to game and motivate destro to keep on going, otherwise it will be a shame to let go the investment in it.

starness88
Posts: 48

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#103 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:17 am

Justina wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:19 am
It also looks like the SMASH wb. They are running full elf wbs. Its like getting hit by the bitterstone dwarfs and all their engis.
Bitterstone's engi squad is an event RP. If they can have some kill, that's not that strong, they mostly stay on a high ground a kill every squishy who comes in shooting range. ATM a full group of elves is very strong, that''s not rp.

Panel
Posts: 18

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#104 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Be careful what you wish for - If the devs give in to your incessant lobbying you cant be so blind as to think there wont be a nerf to your side of similar magnitude. SH are the obvious choice but there are lots of nonsense Destro abilities that could be lost in fair trade for killing off BHA

User avatar
Onigokko0101
Posts: 192

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#105 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:16 pm

Panel wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:33 pm
Be careful what you wish for - If the devs give in to your incessant lobbying you cant be so blind as to think there wont be a nerf to your side of similar magnitude. SH are the obvious choice but there are lots of nonsense Destro abilities that could be lost in fair trade for killing off BHA
You mean like the year full of near constant nerfs for one side? Gee, I guess that could happen.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

User avatar
Onigokko0101
Posts: 192

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#106 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:22 pm

Evilspinnre wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:42 am
As someone who elusively does RvR on Order, I can tell you that fort defences and attacks have become comically easy.

With attacking, it's not longer build m4's and co-ordinate morale drops and areas each warband will go. It's now "wait 30s for them to melt from ranged aoe (because it still hits even if you're hugging the wall) and then dry push while 1/3 are dead or at 30% morale.

Defending, even easier. Stack above the lord room and spam BHA on their blob. Pierce defences means HTL does nothing. If they're not in an organised 2-2-2 WB they melt, even vs pugs. If they are, they have no support and their healers are doing nothing but countering the RDPS. The moment they push the extra damage from melee inside melts them.

Destro have managed to push to plenty of forts, but the RDPS spam, especially the BHA SW meta, has made it almost impossible for them to succeed. There's a reason Altdorf is 5 stars 90% of the time.
Yeah its ridiculous how easy it is. Was in a "meme" WB. We brought 3 SW, 2 Engi up top and were melting whole ORGANIZED WBs that had good players in them. It was comically easy. Engi set up PD, we set up 3x3 BHA and then pressed vengence and people died.

I keep saying it but just **** hardcap BHA. People are all worried about their performance, when tons of other AoE is capped and the DPS still perform well enough. They still have Spiral, Barrage and Lilith, and flame arrow. They would not be neutered by preventing the DoTs from stacking to infinity. It wouldnt even affect organized city WBs because they bring ONE Skirmish SW. It would be the same as complaining Magus/Engi in city WBs are only given one spot.

Yes, I also acknowledge that it would not behave like other DoTs, but it already dosent and even if it did who cares-- something needs to be done about it because right now its ridiculous.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

User avatar
Ugle
Posts: 579

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#107 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:45 pm

My wish for a fix would be as follows:
1. Remove 3x stack from BHA
2. Reenable BHA from assault stance.
3. Remove BHA from split arrows
4. Remove range penalty from split arrows
5. Increase range on heal debuff to 100ft.

This would remove the unnecessary mechanic and aoe stacking of BHA, increase SW ST capabilities, while retaining a small aoe potential on split arrows tact.

Throw in a no 6. Reenable rkd on the move, and SW is fun to play again, even if dmg output is reduced.
Ugle - SW | Amoebas - AM | Amoeba - SM | Korsbror - WP
Gief - SH | Sidathex - WE | Pnzr - BO | Uglegutt - SQH

Inactive

User avatar
Onigokko0101
Posts: 192

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#108 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:10 pm

Ugle wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:45 pm
My wish for a fix would be as follows:
1. Remove 3x stack from BHA
2. Reenable BHA from assault stance.
3. Remove BHA from split arrows
4. Remove range penalty from split arrows
5. Increase range on heal debuff to 100ft.

This would remove the unnecessary mechanic and aoe stacking of BHA, increase SW ST capabilities, while retaining a small aoe potential on split arrows tact.

Throw in a no 6. Reenable rkd on the move, and SW is fun to play again, even if dmg output is reduced.
Honestly I am all for nerfs but I do think thats a but much.

I would keep BHA on Split, but only allow 1 3x set. Either from 3 people with 1 stacks, 1 with 2 and 1 with 1, 1 with all 3, etc...

Just cap it there.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
Panel
Posts: 18

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#109 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:06 am

Pretending to play a certain class and then make outrageous claims as to what you have done with that class in order to strengthen a nerf call is something that has never happened on any forum - ever!!

User avatar
Adelmar
Posts: 123

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#110 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:27 am

Onigokko0101 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:10 pm
Ugle wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:45 pm
My wish for a fix would be as follows:
1. Remove 3x stack from BHA
2. Reenable BHA from assault stance.
3. Remove BHA from split arrows
4. Remove range penalty from split arrows
5. Increase range on heal debuff to 100ft.

This would remove the unnecessary mechanic and aoe stacking of BHA, increase SW ST capabilities, while retaining a small aoe potential on split arrows tact.

Throw in a no 6. Reenable rkd on the move, and SW is fun to play again, even if dmg output is reduced.
Honestly I am all for nerfs but I do think thats a but much.

I would keep BHA on Split, but only allow 1 3x set. Either from 3 people with 1 stacks, 1 with 2 and 1 with 1, 1 with all 3, etc...

Just cap it there.
That sounds like a nerf to you? Pretty sure that's a fix from some of the very strange changes they've made to the class and I completely agree with all points.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests