Recent Topics

Ads

Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Justina

Re: Broadhead Arrow Suggestion.

Post#61 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:01 am

Littleone wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 pm Feel free to compare SH dot damage (both yer bleeding and rotten arrrer 65ft crited for 300 XD) to SW one...
Lets not forget SW free casts BHA from 100ft when aoe tactic is not slotted...
The SW needs three global cooldowns to get that dot. In that time the SH can put two dots on and fire one of his many instant abilities in the quick shooting build.

And lets not forget that SHs have a pet...

Ads
Littleone

Post#62 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:02 am

Justina wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:01 am
Littleone wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:18 pm Feel free to compare SH dot damage (both yer bleeding and rotten arrrer 65ft crited for 300 XD) to SW one...
The SW needs three global cooldowns to get that dot. In that time the SH can put two dots on and fire one of his many instant abilities in the quick shooting build.

So first you accused us for spreading false information and when we provided numbers you point to 3 GCD? Wow how frustrating it must be to have to spend 3 GCDs to reach almost 1.6k crits from 100ft... SH needs 2 GCDs to apply its dots from 65ft (yea well thats if your yer bleeding is not dodged if so you need another 5sec bcoz of the pointless CD on Yer bleeding ) yet the dmg done by both of this dots are not even equal to 1/3 of the dmg you reach by 3 stacks of BHA. How long does it take to reach 3x BHA 3.5 seconds 4.5 ? secs ?. Yes SH has a buggy and useless pet but SW has equal to %25 more base dmg on its abilities already to close that gap, so it is another false excuse. Current BHA mechanic is just a joke and with the one way or the other it will have to change, enjoy it while you can.

Justina

Post#63 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:46 am

Littleone wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:02 am

So first you accused us for spreading false information and when we provided numbers you point to 3 GCD? Wow how frustrating it must be to have to spend 3 GCDs to reach almost 1.6k crits from 100ft... SH needs 2 GCDs to apply its dots from 65ft (yea well thats if your yer bleeding is not dodged if so you need another 5sec bcoz of the pointless CD on Yer bleeding ) yet the dmg done by both of this dots are not even equal to 1/3 of the dmg you reach by 3 stacks of BHA. How long does it take to reach 3x BHA 3.5 seconds 4.5 ? secs ?. Yes SH has a buggy and useless pet but SW has equal to %25 more base dmg on its abilities already to close that gap, so it is another false excuse. Current BHA mechanic is just a joke and with the one way or the other it will have to change, enjoy it while you can.
Something looks strange about that screenshot. You might have been too close to the order warcamp and the SW got damage buffed or it was in a scenario with another kind of damage buff. You just dont get these numbers in normal day play. Really, you dont. On a target dummy with zero tough an zero armor you can get 1.7k crits with every damage boost I have but on a player you never ever get that. The video they have posted before is a good showcase. That's the numbers you usually get. Around 200-600. On tanks a bit less, on squishies a bit more.

Yeah, that dot is good for killing people without heals, but so is sorc/bw or any other dps class. You seem to be running full glass cannon with -tough tactic.

Get futile strikes, get a healer. Done.

Justina

Post#64 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:48 am

Something looks strange about that screenshot. You might have been too close to the order warcamp and the SW got damage buffed or it was in a scenario with another kind of damage buff. You just dont get these numbers in normal day play. Really, you dont. On a target dummy with zero tough an zero armor you can get 1.7k crits with every damage boost you have as a SW but on a player you never ever get that. The video they have posted before is a good showcase. That's the numbers you usually get. Around 200-600. On tanks a bit less, on squishies a bit more.

Yeah, that dot is good for killing people without heals, but so is sorc/bw, shaman/am or any other dps class. You seem to be running full glass cannon with -tough tactic.

I can post screenshots where sorcs, WEs, SHs and shamans were killing me in seconds. With the dot you have at least time to take a potion.

The dot is being reduced by armor, toughness, trival blows, futile strikes, deft defender (dodge), ini, guard, absorbs, deaunt and some morals. And it can be removed.

Get trival blows, get deft defender, get a healer and/or guard, use detaunt. Done.

You are running glass cannon without a healer and cry here that you have died to a dot.

Littleone

Post#65 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 am

Justina wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:48 am

Something looks strange about that screenshot. You might have been too close to the order warcamp and the SW got damage buffed or it was in a scenario with another kind of damage buff. You just dont get these numbers in normal day play. Really, you dont. On a target dummy with zero tough an zero armor you can get 1.7k crits with every damage boost you have as a SW but on a player you never ever get that. The video they have posted before is a good showcase. That's the numbers you usually get. Around 200-600. On tanks a bit less, on squishies a bit more.

Yeah, that dot is good for killing people without heals, but so is sorc/bw, shaman/am or any other dps class. You seem to be running full glass cannon with -tough tactic.

I can post screenshots where sorcs, WEs, SHs and shamans were killing me in seconds. With the dot you have at least time to take a potion.

The dot is being reduced by armor, toughness, trival blows, futile strikes, deft defender (dodge), ini, guard, absorbs, deaunt and some morals. And it can be removed.

Get trival blows, get deft defender, get a healer and/or guard, use detaunt. Done.

You are running glass cannon without a healer and cry here that you have died to a dot.
There is nothing strange about the screenshot. It was taken on the spot so I was nowhere close to the
Order WC, actually that SW with another one was camping destro WC that day. Probably the reason you can't see these numbers on your SW is because you don't know how to put its full potential out. I got these numbers from different SWs as well and will be posting new SSs here as I get similar numbers.

I am far from glass canon. Running with full TB, 2.4k armor. So not a good excuse again.

The usual order hypocrisy lies in the fact when they ask for nerfs for destro classes "getting trival blows, geting deft defender, getting a healer and/or guard, using detaunt" is not an option on the table. But when destro complains about something the same people shamelessly come with the easy solution. So if that was the case why SH was nerfed to ground in the first place ?

Justina

Post#66 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 pm

Littleone wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 am I am far from glass canon. Running with full TB, 2.4k armor. So not a good excuse again.
With full TB 1.5k dot crits? No way. Something fishy here. Either you are making up some things or that SW is abusing some game mechanic but a normal SW even 80+ can't do that. There is no way.

agemennon675

Post#67 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Justina wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:54 pm
Littleone wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 am I am far from glass canon. Running with full TB, 2.4k armor. So not a good excuse again.
With full TB 1.5k dot crits? No way. Something fishy here. Either you are making up some things or that SW is abusing some game mechanic but a normal SW even 80+ can't do that. There is no way.
No one runs 4 TB on a dps, you cant get full crit if you go 4 TB its a net crit loss, I bet max 3 FS/TB on a dps
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Schweedy

Post#68 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:01 pm

Spoiler:

If you think full TB will preclude you from getting crits at all, then you haven't really been playing this game. Not that anyone should have been taking anything you said after page 2 seriously. Until you have experienced both Destro/Order Fort Defence you truly have no merit to weigh in on ANYTHING balance/suggestion related.

BHA should definitely be nerfed. I am all for 1.5 or 2x damage, but no more stacking. Ridiculous more now with BO cd nerf and Mandatory DoK/Choppa WB comps to handle this idiocy.

Zealots are now unfeasible too. Why the hell would I bring a class that can't group cleanse? Because I want to lose a Fort right?
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

Ads
zarlemagne

Post#69 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Schweedy wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:01 pm
Spoiler:

If you think full TB will preclude you from getting crits at all, then you haven't really been playing this game. Not that anyone should have been taking anything you said after page 2 seriously. Until you have experienced both Destro/Order Fort Defence you truly have no merit to weigh in on ANYTHING balance/suggestion related.

BHA should definitely be nerfed. I am all for 1.5 or 2x damage, but no more stacking. Ridiculous more now with BO cd nerf and Mandatory DoK/Choppa WB comps to handle this idiocy.

Zealots are now unfeasible too. Why the hell would I bring a class that can't group cleanse? Because I want to lose a Fort right?
Your Picture shows one of the other major problems with BHA - you have 8 sets (of 3 stacks each), so 24 stacks in total.
I've actually seen 11 sets of stacks on a person, but the most I've seen any other dots stack to is 4.

Not sure how many the aoe BHA hits, but lets be conservative and say 9.
That's 9 people spread across multiple groups with 3 stacks, in a conservative 4.5 sec PER SW.

Another major problem is trying to Cleanse it as some people have suggested we should do:
Doks Group cleanse is a 5 sec CD (not sure about other classes), so it's impossible without a Choppa in their group to keep BHA off and that's not even counting the fact that most SW's use Flame arrow to protect it and the multiple other dots/debuffs that are more likely to be cleansed.

The only other dot i know of that stacks per character is the mara Rend - it's a melee 3x stack that's ST only and does horrible damage (at least for my mara, it's about half per stack that BHA does).

So yes, BHA needs to be changed, i would say remove it's self stacking, make it stack the same way other dots stack and increase it's base damage by 1.5x
Then we would only have the 7x slayer WB's to worry about ;)

Justina

Post#70 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:53 pm

zarlemagne wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:43 pm Then we would only have the 7x slayer WB's to worry about ;)
BHA is anti melee blob. That's the reason you don't like it. Try to find new strategies...