Recent Topics

Ads

Get back the NB

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
krakatoag

Re: Get back the NB

Post#31 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:38 pm

Lerris81 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:02 pm I hope nb will never come back.
It's absolutely wonderful to be playing right now. Channel spells without being able to use inhuman interruptions.
Best desision ever to block nb.
Lies/misinformation/misunderstandings like this are why we can't have nice things.

Nerfed buttons didn't even have that functionality and if it was listed it didn't work, plus nobody in their right mind would have bound an interrupt do an ability string.

I'll wait for the placebo effect to wear off.

Ads
krakatoag

Post#32 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:15 pm honestly i don't care if NB come back again or not, but honestly i find pretty pathetic all this whining. life go on: adapt, improve and overcome.
I can't learn to become un-disabled, Dave.

If I could.... if anyone could.... they would.

Omegus

Post#33 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:49 pm

To my knowledge there is no "enemy is casting/channeling" information available to the addon system. I believe the two methods for picking up channels are:

1) if the channel puts a buff/debuff on the caster/target then this could be detected, but not channels all do this

2) combat log alerts for the channeled ability, i.e. if you get hit with one tick of T'ree Hit Kombo then you know more are coming and can interupt it.

Oh and the obvious one:

3) knowing the animations and sounds for the casts/channels.

All of those alert systems will continue to be available.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Amdus

Post#34 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:11 pm

It comes to show really how "experienced" some are with other online games. A program like NB (I won't call it an addon) is considered scripting/cheating/hacking in any other game and banned, and users also get kicked/banned from using it. The way you present your argument for the use of NB is nothing but your personal take on it, you guys need to start being honest with yourselves. An automated program that takes the best decission available at every given time without an error margin is simply cheating. Use your own resolution to take decisions based off the situation, not a program.

This is not being elitist or "pro" gamer, it's just that those reliant on NB to take decisions for them are no better than bots. The only difference being that with a bot you press the button once, and with NB you have to keep clicking and move, nothing else.

It's seriously getting ridiculous, it was fun at first, now it's just sad.

Kragg

Post#35 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Git gud!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Zizzelfizz

Post#36 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:48 pm

if you are so bad that you can't play without this crap, you should rather play tetris or pokemon

Ysaran

Post#37 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:48 pm

krakatoag wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:39 pm
Ysaran wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:15 pm honestly i don't care if NB come back again or not, but honestly i find pretty pathetic all this whining. life go on: adapt, improve and overcome.
I can't learn to become un-disabled, Dave.

If I could.... if anyone could.... they would.
I'm deeply sorry for you. I agree that NB was a great help for ppl like you. It was a great addon and I was using it too. But most of the ppl that are complaining now are not disabled. Most of ppl complaining right now are just lazy ppl that don't want adapt. I hope that the devs will find a way to make the game playbable for every disabled person. But everyone that is not disabled should just stop complaining and grow a pair
Zputadenti

vobex16

Post#38 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:41 pm

ravezaar wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:08 pm
vobex16 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:46 pm
ravezaar wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:42 pm Never, if they left cause that its just a l2p issue and then we dont need em. I feel for those disabled few but still wont cry for the whiners
Play as you want, but do not dare to tell people how they need to play or what addons are used, people play as they like, and no one has ever said that people WITHOUT NB are nobrain cripples.
Well if its not allowed u shouldnt either, dont dare to tell me otherwise, see what i did there
Ya so funny Just Shut up.

Ads