Recent Topics

Ads

for the sake of god disable pet pathfinding

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CountTalabecland

Re: for the sake of god disable pet pathfinding

Post#11 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:28 am

They really need to cut the pet from White Lion. I have tried to lvl mine to 40 and just give up.

Pet classes were a staple of the WoW clone MMOs but they weren't a fun staple.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
space44

Post#12 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:19 am

its working as intended
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Azary1

Post#13 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:46 am

All you need to do is give the Lion pet a ranged attack. Let the acid spit, the challenge gives or something else. But it will work as it should

A small game "convention"

sighy

Post#14 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:50 am

WL pets have never been not broken one way or another :lol:

Gyurza83

Post#15 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:04 am

Perhaps the developers “never really liked the idea of automating conditional checks for pets. Now it is blocked. " ))

zulnam

Post#16 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:34 am

Azary1 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:46 am All you need to do is give the Lion pet a ranged attack. Let the acid spit, the challenge gives or something else. But it will work as it should

Lol, you should try SH sometime and see how great ranged pet is.

No matter where you are, when you press "attack", that mini meatball is gone! Even if it can attack the target from it's current position. It usually goes 30-40 feet away from you, in any direction.

Ironically, melee pets for SH seem to work ok (they go to target; they come back from target; no weird popping).

Not sure if the same code is for both class pets.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Stophy22

Post#17 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:15 am

bump!

Seriously the pet right now is un-usable in Black Fire Basin the ice is just too cold, they won't stand on it :(
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Sundowner

Post#18 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:27 am

As good as recent changes were good (especially ability insta cast, rip goblins), both WL and SH suffer from pets dropping runspeed sometimes (couldn't really replicate it) and despawning/stopping moving when entering/exiting keeps or where there are obstacles on the map (i.e. when you need to jump to advance)

Ads
Haskr

Post#19 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:36 am

zulnam wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:34 am
Azary1 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:46 am All you need to do is give the Lion pet a ranged attack. Let the acid spit, the challenge gives or something else. But it will work as it should

Lol, you should try SH sometime and see how great ranged pet is.

No matter where you are, when you press "attack", that mini meatball is gone! Even if it can attack the target from it's current position. It usually goes 30-40 feet away from you, in any direction.

Ironically, melee pets for SH seem to work ok (they go to target; they come back from target; no weird popping).

Not sure if the same code is for both class pets.
I understand the ror team that there is no "just put it back to live" code, because everything on this server had to be made up from scratch because EA/Mythic didnt release the code of their game after it shut down.
Is this wrong?

Karl

Post#20 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:45 am

Great compilation, thx mate!