Recent Topics

Ads

for the sake of god disable pet pathfinding

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Arsanist

Re: for the sake of god disable pet pathfinding

Post#21 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:05 am

SH pet pathing is a nightmare, as the earlier poster said - press attack and your pet goes half way across a map to attack your target when it do so perfectly well from where it is. It is so unpredictable.

If I am at range I want my ranged squig to stay with me and attack from range not run into the middle of the enemy to attack..
Arsanist - BW on live.

Ads
Waaghtastic

Post#22 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 am

Stopped playing rSH with quick shootin & pet and just moved to big shootin & solo tactic.

Cons:
- not my preferred playstyle
- less mobility
Pros:
- don‘t have to struggle with the mess of what the pet mechanics are currently 🤷🏻‍♂️

Stinkyweed

Post#23 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:08 pm

Waaghtastic wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 am Stopped playing rSH with quick shootin & pet and just moved to big shootin & solo tactic.

Cons:
- less mobility
Pros:
- don‘t have to struggle with the mess of what the pet mechanics are currently 🤷🏻‍♂️
I did the same yesterday and had some nice burst combos...I just HATE playing the SH this way.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#24 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:55 am

Stinkyweed wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:08 pm
Waaghtastic wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:50 am Stopped playing rSH with quick shootin & pet and just moved to big shootin & solo tactic.

Cons:
- less mobility
Pros:
I did the same yesterday and had some nice burst combos...I just HATE playing the SH this way.
I switched my quick shootin SH to mSH and I only login for city. Was this a secret nerf to SHs cause of all the order QQ? Legit though, SH nerfs yeah a little overkill but combined with a pet that's a moron it's just ridiculous. Won't get fixed though cause devs busy working hard on pushing ranked which less than 3% of the game population at ANY GIVEN TIME will be using. Yikes.

Aezron

Post#25 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:03 am

Good compilation Knick, I've suffered from many of those pathing bugs myself.

It seems the pet think it is somewhere behind the player (~50ft) and if you move through/close to "confusing" (for the pet) terrain and then engage an enemy soon thereafter the pet will try to navigate around the terrain (and always failing), as if it were 50ft away and not in Heel.

Usually when these happen, I try to use Heel to bring Pet to Heel, then attack the target, but you lose a lot of time that way and by then the fight is usually lost.
Also, Heeling doesn't always work when already in a fight. I think Heel should ignore pathing both in- and out of combat, but I think it only ignores pathing out of combat as of right now.

Karl

Post#26 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:29 pm

Bump. Pls fix.

Aezron

Post#27 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:39 pm

I have noticed something that might help in solving some of the issues, namely that issue where the Lion is right next you when mounted but as soon as you dismount and attack someone, it is a very far distance away and either despawn or takes 5-10 seconds to arrive to your location.

It seems that the lion in heel is actually not "glued" to you, but follow the pathing rules as if it was running from point A to point B using pathing, and completely ignoring the position of the player. It is not actually there right next to you, but instead zig-zagging around each obstacle you ride through/over, it's model does not represent where it actually "is".

This is an illustration:

Test it yourself in game, I used the Altdorf War Quarters as spot. Steps to reproduce would be:

1) Stand where "Sergeant Mainard" is standing, be mounted and have your Lion in Heel.

2) Jump down to the lower level (where the training construct is)

3) Immidiately dismount and press "Stay" (beside the "Heel" button)

4) Watch you lion "teleport" to its actual spot up where "Sergeant Mainard" is stading

5) Rotate "Heel" and "Stay" in short intervals to "stutter step" the lion, and watch the Lion move around the area towards the stairs, and then move to your position - just like my illustration above.

I assume this could be solved by having the lion being "glued" to the player when in heel, i.e. remove pathing when in Heel mode.

kirraha

Post#28 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:24 pm

Looks like a l2p issue on the pet's side.

Ads
Repulsion

Post#29 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:30 pm

kirraha wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:24 pm Looks like a l2p issue on the pet's side.
ded :D

kirraha

Post#30 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:50 pm

Jokes aside. I did try my sh today and the pet is absolutely wack. I feel bad for you petclass players. Not WL though for being able summon their pet on the move. ;)