Recent Topics

Ads

for the sake of god disable pet pathfinding

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kaelang

Re: for the sake of god disable pet pathfinding

Post#31 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:01 pm

Just wanted to pop in here and let you guys know we aren't ignoring you all - or pretending there isn't something funky going on here. We have labelled the GitHub report as a High Priority and will be investigating the impacts the recent pathing change had on the classes as a whole.

I've also brought this up today to the team and we're all in agreement that pets currently aren't performing perfectly - this has been the case for a long time (which is why the initial fix was implemented a few weeks ago).

We've seen the videos (which have been attached to the bug listing) and we know there's still work to do on the pathing.

This being said - I don't want to promise this is going to get fixed immediately - but it's something that we're aware needs looking at. <3
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Littleone

Post#32 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:01 pm Just wanted to pop in here and let you guys know we aren't ignoring you all - or pretending there isn't something funky going on here. We have labelled the GitHub report as a High Priority and will be investigating the impacts the recent pathing change had on the classes as a whole.

I've also brought this up today to the team and we're all in agreement that pets currently aren't performing perfectly - this has been the case for a long time (which is why the initial fix was implemented a few weeks ago).

We've seen the videos (which have been attached to the bug listing) and we know there's still work to do on the pathing.

This being said - I don't want to promise this is going to get fixed immediately - but it's something that we're aware needs looking at. <3
I appricate the good intention behind your post Kaelang but I don't think I understand the mentality behind making some classes more and more pet dependent and then mess up their pet's pathfinding. "we're all in agreement that pets currently aren't performing perfectly - this has been the case for a long time (which is why the initial fix was implemented a few weeks ago)". I have to correct you here for mobile pets are not performing at all, and no the mentioned initial fix was what actually messed the pathfinding for pets.

Kaelang

Post#33 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:09 pm

Littleone wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm I appricate the good intention behind your post Kaelang but I don't think I understand the mentality behind making some classes more and more pet dependent and then mess up their pet's pathfinding.
There's no mentality to understand here - pet classes do rely on their pets. The 'mess up' was simply an issue with a fix that got pushed and has yet to be investigated fully.
Littleone wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:56 pm "we're all in agreement that pets currently aren't performing perfectly - this has been the case for a long time (which is why the initial fix was implemented a few weeks ago)". I have to correct you here for mobile pets are not performing at all, and no the mentioned initial fix was what actually messed the pathfinding for pets.
To confirm here, the change was pushed to alleviate issues pets had prior to the patch. Naturally, and what can sometimes happen with changes, is that this adversely effected the pets and pet classes in question - something which can happen when we don't have a strong test presence. We do test changes, but sometimes from a dev environment to a live environment things like this can happen.

I think what we can all agree on is the concerns that are being raised here are why we haven't reversed the initial changes and/or immediately addressed the issue at hand - which is where my response comes in just to let you know we are aware that there is a problem here, and will be looking into it moving forward. Without leaving those affected without any information. :)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

knick

Post#34 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:52 am

Kaelang wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:01 pm
Spoiler:
Just wanted to pop in here and let you guys know we aren't ignoring you all - or pretending there isn't something funky going on here. We have labelled the GitHub report as a High Priority and will be investigating the impacts the recent pathing change had on the classes as a whole.

hey Kaelang
thank you for your response. Your convey is very much appreciated by all Pet users. I personally hope pathfinding and a good performing pet can coexist in the future. In the meantime i see it as a special challenge to Lions given by the dark chaos gods (the developers) to proof us :D.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Asherdoom

Post#35 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:15 pm

fix also random disappearing of white lion while, for example, questing in public quest area (i did not elvel up nor entered rvr area yet pet randomly disappears)

FinduilAsuryan

Post#36 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:46 pm

Had like three despawns because the pet was to far away. It was standing right next to me and was supposed to gnaw on a squig. Well cats are fickle creatures..
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

space44

Post#37 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:55 pm

But why should pets torpedo towards a player, its just isolated occurrences.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

Karl

Post#38 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:55 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:01 pm Just wanted to pop in here and let you guys know we aren't ignoring you all - or pretending there isn't something funky going on here. We have labelled the GitHub report as a High Priority and will be investigating the impacts the recent pathing change had on the classes as a whole.

Thank you very much for looking into this and also for keeping us in the loop on current events. Means alot!

K

Ads