Recent Topics

Ads

Gunbad Bosses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Stophy22

Re: Gunbad Bosses

Post#21 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm

Have fun complaining most people just do it /ad or /3 rather than creating a forum post for “feedback”.

20minute tutorial is not needed I could explain every boss in gunbad in 20 seconds or less. The video is just what someone went out of their way to do for you (the community) and instead of being appreciative you want to whine and say the games the problem, not yourself.

I’ll say one final time to rescue you from ignorance, the offer still stands, good luck see you in rvr!
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#22 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:08 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm Have fun complaining most people just do it /ad or /3 rather than creating a forum post for “feedback”.

20minute tutorial is not needed I could explain every boss in gunbad in 20 seconds or less. The video is just what someone went out of their way to do for you (the community) and instead of being appreciative you want to whine and say the games the problem, not yourself.

I’ll say one final time to rescue you from ignorance, the offer still stands, good luck see you in rvr!
I'm not criticising the guy who made the video, I'm just saying Gunbad is excessive for what you get. I don't even know if you agree or not at this point, or just trying to find a group for GB.

Stophy22

Post#23 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:25 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:08 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:59 pm Have fun complaining most people just do it /ad or /3 rather than creating a forum post for “feedback”.

I'm not criticising the guy who made the video, I'm just saying Gunbad is excessive for what you get. I don't even know if you agree or not at this point, or just trying to find a group for GB.
Gunbad is a 50 minute dungeon that gets you a pretty good 3 piece for tanks, an alright heal set til you can get vanq, and starts the ward requirement for BiS weapons for DPS classes. It's also a good source of money if you sell purp weapons or get a good drop, and provides purple seeds for cultivating.

The only feedback I would give for Gunbad (and this applies to all dungeons) is make it more mechanic heavy and make the bosses have 10-20% less HP so it doesn't turn into such a tank and spank, because this is not fun.

You simply don't understand the dungeon enough so you can't give any reliable feedback. If you think a 50 minute dungeon with mostly skippable mechanics and can be done at lvl 35 is too excessive then yes I disagree.

Now if your feedback was, "they could do a better job at explaining the mechanics of the dungeon." then it is up to you (the player) to go and learn these mechanics via all resources given to you (youtube, players, guild, community) if you want the loot. You have to put in something to get something. If you think that's too much then you are simply being lazy and maybe PVE isn't the thing for you, because you clearly don't want to work for the rewards if you believe they should just be given to you. Maybe the game could have some sort of in game explanation, but it has a /ad chat and it has the ability to join a guild, which imo is more than enough.

-0%chance to be crit
-2hand tanks
-Running 1/3/2 comp
-High parry on tank
-Guarding dps
-Aggrometer/aggromanagement
-AP pump for faster kills
-PVE tactics vs PVP tactics and specs.
-Preforming mechanics correctly
-Skipping trash that is there to waste time
-Correct route through the dungeon
-Correct understanding of the bosses and their mechanics

These are all things you can learn to improve YOUR experience with gunbad, and instead of saying, "lol let us rez in the fight because its too hard." You should be saying, "What do I not understand about this so I can make it easier on myself and those around me."

But **** what do I know I've only been playing for like what 7years.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

BeautfulToad

Post#24 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:33 pm

Three wings of Gunbad is blatantly not a 50 minute dungeon. A level 35 party would take considerably longer than 50 minutes per wing, if it's actually possible to complete with level 35s (some of the prerequisites he listed requires RR and gear well above RR 40).

At 50 mins he's saying he is killing each boss in 2 mins and all the trash (inc mini bosses) in-between in all 3 wings combined in like 10 mins, which could probably be disproven on paper by looking at dps/minute and boss HP.

Elvicof

Post#25 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:49 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:33 pm Three wings of Gunbad is blatantly not a 50 minute dungeon. A level 35 party would take considerably longer than 50 minutes per wing, if it's actually possible to complete with level 35s (some of the prerequisites he listed requires RR and gear well above RR 40).

At 50 mins he's saying he is killing each boss in 2 mins and all the trash (inc mini bosses) in-between in all 3 wings combined in like 10 mins, which could probably be disproven on paper by looking at dps/minute and boss HP.
Well most ppl dont go with full lvl 35 grp to clear GB. You can take 1 or 2 lowbie and still do fine. But more than that you'll probably struggle abit (still doable). GB is perfectly clearable in 50 min if you know what to do.

You also dont need to clear all the thrash mobs there are plenty you can bypass.
Moonlapse and VII

PeterMore

Post#26 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:57 am

Gunbad is easy. All the players with conqueror set should be enought.

BeautfulToad

Post#27 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:08 am

Elvicof wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:49 am GB is perfectly clearable in 50 min if you know what to do.

Why not just say you can do it all in 25 minutes with one shadow warrior in devastator? That's the level of plausibility we are getting to here.

If you are saying the meta is bringing four ringers in to basically carry people through as a favour, it is broken. It's like saying level 1 PQs are too easy because you can just bring a guy at level 25 to one man everything.

PeterMore wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:57 am Gunbad is easy. All the players with conqueror set should be enought.

It takes significantly longer than 50 minutes though to get through the three wings, which is obvious to anyone who has done it in a party full of conqueror (like I have). I'd say you're doing well to do one wing in 50 mins, but it usually takes longer.

Elvicof

Post#28 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:34 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:08 am
Elvicof wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:49 am GB is perfectly clearable in 50 min if you know what to do.

Why not just say you can do it all in 25 minutes with one shadow warrior in devastator? That's the level of plausibility we are getting to here.

If you are saying the meta is bringing four ringers in to basically carry people through as a favour, it is broken. It's like saying level 1 PQs are too easy because you can just bring a guy at level 25 to one man everything.

PeterMore wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:57 am Gunbad is easy. All the players with conqueror set should be enought.

It takes significantly longer than 50 minutes though to get through the three wings, which is obvious to anyone who has done it in a party full of conqueror (like I have). I'd say you're doing well to do one wing in 50 mins, but it usually takes longer.
If you spent 50 min per wing. This isnt a gear or boss mechinc issue. Your problem will never be solved unless you uninstall the game itself and pick up a more suited hobby.
Moonlapse and VII

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#29 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:39 am

Elvicof wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:34 am If you spent 50 min per wing. This isnt a gear or boss mechinc issue. Your problem will never be solved unless you uninstall the game itself and pick up a more suited hobby.

I can solo it all and do full BL run with my BW in 3-4 mins actually once I got enough scout medallions, but Im really good at the game. Made myself a coffee half way through as well, and had a couple bio breaks. Just STACK WOUNDS and LEARN TO KITE or something about pots

space44

Post#30 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Cant believe this thread has 3 pages. Gunbad isnt hard nothing is excessive in the dungeon, its just people having a crappy group composition, healers not 100% in the game, DPS doing jack for damage, or tanks who almost never defends against a hit.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.