Recent Topics

Ads

Gunbad Bosses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nebelwerfer

Re: Gunbad Bosses

Post#11 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:25 am

Its funny to me how this dungeon seems like an obvious mini raid. You could have kept oldschool gunbad as an "heroic" mode for 6 men.

The fact that you dont get pve currency in gunbad or chap 22 pq bags is puzzling.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#12 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:14 pm

Drednes wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:55 am the only thing you need to do with ard to feed is...press the buttons at the same time...the rest is bugged
and even if it wasnt you just run from the cloud of squigs that follows you and kill the Giant green slime
20+ hours researching? first time i went into gunbad before a boss 1 guy found all the tactics before a boss and we cleared it no problem
thats hard for you?
Ive done it a few times, still don't really understand when you press the buttons. I think you have to press it at 60-40-20. Don't know if that's exactly when the boss hits the health e.g. do you have to hit it before he hits 59 or within a few seconds of being 60. No idea what the slime is for, just know I have to destroy it.
Drednes wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:55 am 20+ hours researching
Didn't say that.
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 am So your groups struggle to press both buttons at the same time?
If I'm in a group of newbies, 9/10 we'll fail a few times, yes, because as I said there's no explanation or prompt. If you have anyone slightly toxic, such as claiming everyone is stupid for not doing something that makes no sense like hitting some ooze with aoe attacks and then mass cleansing everyone, it is unbearable. There's others, too, in that dungeon.

I suppose I could set up a discord server and orchestrate the whole thing for an evening (3 times + whenever a mate needs the wards). Seems a bit excessive for gear that's a little bit better than annihilator, and I don't need to anything like it for BS or C&T or BB/BE, which can be done in a couple hours. GB is - by some distance - the longest dungeon to do a full run. The best changes made to it was greatly reducing the PQ elements.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stophy22

Post#13 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:23 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:14 pm
Drednes wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:55 am the only thing you need to do with ard to feed is...press the buttons at the same time...the rest is bugged
and even if it wasnt you just run from the cloud of squigs that follows you and kill the Giant green slime
20+ hours researching? first time i went into gunbad before a boss 1 guy found all the tactics before a boss and we cleared it no problem
thats hard for you?
Ive done it a few times, still don't really understand when you press the buttons. I think you have to press it at 60-40-20. Don't know if that's exactly when the boss hits 60,40,20.
Didn't say that.
Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 am So your groups struggle to press both buttons at the same time?
If I'm in a group of newbies, 9/10 we'll fail a few times, yes, because as I said there's no explanation or prompt. If you have anyone slightly toxic, like a few posts here, it is unbearable. There's others, too, that new players will not instinctively understand the mechanics. The goblin + spider is literally locked out if someone accidentally kills the spider.

I suppose I could set up a discord server and orchestrate the whole thing for an evening. Seems a bit excessive for gear that's a little bit better than annihilator, and I don't need to anything like it for BS or C&T or BB/BE, which can be done in a couple hours. GB is - by some distance - the longest dungeon to do a full run.
So this is what we call an l2p issue, while I agree that most dungeon bosses could go with less hp to stop the feeling of running 3 dps to feel like you’re killing it fast

I recommend joining a guild with good leadership to show you how to play both in pve and pvp because if you’re struggling in gunbad where the mechanics are super black and white Idk how you’ll get through city dungeons or bastion stair

A mistake a lot of newer players make is trying to play this game as some solo hero instead of joining a guild or community to learn a thing or two. Even if you network and meet people that could help you out too.

I know you’re frustrated but if you want help the second step is to accept help
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Keula

Post#14 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:26 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:14 pm
thats hard for you?
Ive done it a few times, still don't really understand when you press the buttons. I think you have to press it at 60-40-20. Don't know if that's exactly when the boss hits the health e.g. do you have to hit it before he hits 59 or within a few seconds of being 60. No idea what the slime is for, just know I have to destroy it.
Didn't say that.
If I'm in a group of newbies, 9/10 we'll fail a few times, yes, because as I said there's no explanation or prompt. If you have anyone slightly toxic, like a few posts here, it is unbearable. There's others, too, that new players will not instinctively understand the mechanics. The goblin + spider is literally locked out if someone accidentally kills the spider.

I suppose I could set up a discord server and orchestrate the whole thing for an evening (3 times + whenever a mate needs the wards). Seems a bit excessive for gear that's a little bit better than annihilator, and I don't need to anything like it for BS or C&T or BB/BE, which can be done in a couple hours. GB is - by some distance - the longest dungeon to do a full run.
But there is a prompt for the buttons... a chat bubble(don't remember what it says) comes up on top of them so just have healers standing on them. And you can see when the other one has pressed it so you can press it in the time window easily. Also I have a feeling that some text also pops up middle of screen about it but I may be wrong on that, because Masta Mixas staff/fists also has no text prompts.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

BeautfulToad

Post#15 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:28 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:23 pm I know you’re frustrated but if you want help the second step is to accept help
Literally noone offered to help. Nearly everyone called me stupid for raising it, and started creating a bunch of strawman arguments before saying I need to "L2P". The exact type of toxicity you find in some groups which makes "Learning 2 play" at times very unpleasant.

I have done the dungeon multiple times, and have the full set on two toons. I just find Gunbad excessive given the rewards. I really enjoy both BS, C&T and BB/BE (despite failing to complete these dungeons in some occasions with groups)

BeautfulToad

Post#16 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:38 pm

Keula wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:26 pm Masta Mixas staff/fists also has no text prompts.
Masta Mixa is a great boss, maybe the staff spawns a little too much, but a good fight. The staff mechanics are pretty obvious, and the effects of the fists can be learned without dying (depending on wounds).

He's 1 of 7(?) bosses you fight in one wing of three, and 1 of 2 final bosses in that wing.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stophy22

Post#17 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:41 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:28 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:23 pm I know you’re frustrated but if you want help the second step is to accept help
Literally noone offered to help. Nearly everyone called me stupid for raising it, and started creating a bunch of strawman arguments before saying I need to "L2P". The exact type of toxicity you find in some groups which makes "Learning 2 play" at times very unpleasant.

I have done the dungeon multiple times, and have the full set on two toons. I just find Gunbad excessive given the rewards. I really enjoy both BS, C&T and BB/BE (despite failing to complete these dungeons in some occasions with groups)
I can see how it’s frustrating, I think it goes both ways;

someone linked the guide to gunbad for you to which you counter proposed Ressing in boss rooms, if you want further help you can message me in game on order side (Curo) or you can shoot me a DM on discord Stophy22#6708

The kind of counter proposition seems like a slap in the face to whoever tried to help you so that’s probably where the l2p comes on afterward

You received help, didn’t like it, and wanted something different to happen.

Gunbad doesn’t need the ability to Rez in boss rooms and mechanics can already pretty much be skipped if you know what’s going on. If you want to learn more about the game both pve and pvp I’m available but from the perspective of “neckbeard chad” you just need to play the game a little more.

Hopefully this helps
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

BeautfulToad

Post#18 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:44 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:41 pm
No, I said Gunbad was excessive and convoluted and should be made simpler given the rewards. He posted up a 20 minute tutorial. In my view, it kind of proved my point.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Stophy22

Post#19 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:45 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:44 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:41 pm
No, I said Gunbad was excessive and convoluted and should be made simpler given the rewards. He posted up a 20 minute tutorial. In my view, it kind of proved my point.
Cool so you’re just ignorant, proving my point lol

Accept help or don’t, the offer still stands. Only you can help yourself at this point.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

BeautfulToad

Post#20 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:53 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:45 pm Cool so you’re just ignorant, proving my point lol

Accept help or don’t, the offer still stands. Only you can help yourself at this point.
What are you talking about? I'm providing feedback not asking you or a bunch of pious veterans for assistance. All of whom seem to believe there is a very urgent need for 21+ bosses (or w/e it is), requiring a twenty minute tutorial to understand, to get a redeye set and me suggesting otherwise demands swift and unapologetic attacks on my impeachable character.

I mean c'mon. As a suggestion, loot like the Exquisite Gunbad gems, which are arguably the most valuable loot in GB, all have the easiest bosses, and many could probably be two-manned. Stuff that can fetch 100gcs at auction are probably closer to the types of loot that should probably be given out with the hard bosses at the end, and the PQ bosses should give out the armor set.