Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman/Archmage suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Budzisz

Re: Shaman/Archmage suggestions

Post#11 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Both AM and Shaman really shine when able to use FOTG/EOV with no cooldown - at least in healing spec. Both are offensive spells - meaning that being able to cast them multiple times in a row, will make them utilise the class mechanic.
To achive this you could consider - giving them a self CD-reduction ability (like the 2hwp has), or combine this CD reducing effect with their mechanic. E.g. Once you reach max stacks of the mechanic you get a buff that reduces CD - frenzy like mechanic.

Ads
Auzor

Re: Shaman/Archmage suggestions

Post#12 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:29 am

Budzisz wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:10 pm Both AM and Shaman really shine when able to use FOTG/EOV with no cooldown - at least in healing spec. Both are offensive spells - meaning that being able to cast them multiple times in a row, will make them utilise the class mechanic.
To achive this you could consider - giving them a self CD-reduction ability (like the 2hwp has), or combine this CD reducing effect with their mechanic. E.g. Once you reach max stacks of the mechanic you get a buff that reduces CD - frenzy like mechanic.
Whilst I agree with the 'shine', I disagree with the proposed solution.

I don't think FOTG/EOV should be spammed.
Also, if you give Shaman a self CD reduction, that also will mean DPS shaman can spam 'Da Waagh is coming'.

The *other* spells should simply be good enough to use the stacks on.
I'll take that & Bleed fer me e.g.

In addition, a 'healing' Shaman/Archmage, will continue to very rarely have Mork/Tranquility stacks.
(you'd first need to use up the 5 stacks, and *then* build stacks of the opposite type).

Another class mechanic change approach would be to return a bit to live:
using a spell, consumes all build-up charges. *and immediately* builds charges of the opposing type.
By default, 1 charge is build; 2 if having consumed 5 charges.
Tactic: consuming 5 charges, builds 3 of the other type. Consuming 3 or 4 builds 2 of the other type.
Then, the benefit of the charges still needs adjusting (benefit from your willpower/healing crit & intelligence/magic crit etc; perhaps reduced action cost, modest crit chance boost, reduced disrupt/block chance,... )
That would mean, on casting a single FOTG/EOV from 5 stacks, the Shaman/Archmage would be at 2-3 stacks for his next healing spell.

Spells from 'Da Green'/ 'Vaul', could consume & build opposite stack of whatever you currently have for more shenanigans & helping both healers & DPS.

Issue remains that some abilities are quite lackluster.
a healing Shaman/Archmage deciding to channel Searing Touch/ Bunch o Waagh, *should* do quite a bit of damage at 5 stacks, probably more than currently.