Recent Topics

Ads

Ground targeted based AOE n' Forts

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Valignor

Ground targeted based AOE n' Forts

Post#1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:35 am

Hello Gents,

Thanks for the hard work on the game. It's brought me hundreds of hours of fun for free and I almost feel guilty about it. As a Magus main I feel during forts and sieges my primary job is to clear walls and apply pressure via all those aoe dots we have. I realize some keeps make my job harder than others via restrictions some walls have in regards to AOE placement from a floor below. I don't mind the variety, I like that every keep and fort have a different feel.

My main problem is Empire/Chaos forts. I'm noticing when Reikwald is attacked I cant place AOE anywhere when attempting to attack a wall from below. This is however not mirrored in the Maw which is pretty much a free for all in regards to ground-based AOE placement. Is there anyways you guys would consider mirroring these forts a bit more either by adding or restricting ground-based AOE on both forts? Thanks for reading my post.

-Val

Ads
Atropik

Re: Ground targeted based AOE n' Forts

Post#2 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:05 am

Where most fortresses are built to repel invaders with their very image, the stronghold of the Maw is meant to invite invading armies deep into the Chaos Wastes.
xd
Nicelook | Obey

b00n

Post#3 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:32 am

nicely written - can confirm the reikwald restrictions... as a sorc super annoying... and additionally even if u see the head of a target u cannot click on it.

I hope forts getting corrected to match the same restrictions for targeting.
Destro: Chosen 85+, Zealot 80+, Sorceress 80+, Dok 80+, BG 80+, Magus 80+, Choppa 80+, WitchElf 80+
Order: SM 64, Warrior Priest 47, AM, BrightWizard, ShadowWarrior, Kotbs

DokB

Post#4 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 pm

Reikwald fort also has that weird invisible wall that juts out, outside the 2nd floor main door and it’s super annoying trying to get around. Especially when there’s 70+ people all trying to shelter around it.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard