Recent Topics

Ads

Solo Ranked

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Earthcake

Re: Solo Ranked

Post#41 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:47 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:27 pm
Earthcake wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm
And as you said, this no esport, why try to make it as time consuming to be good ? But for no reward, does it make any sense ?
Some people enjoy being competitive without needing rewards. People play League / DotA / CSGO / Valorant without making it pro - I'm pretty confident not everyone plays them games to be the next world champion team. People find fun in different things.
Yes, and they all definitly play RoR, ranked queue is always stacked

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#42 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:40 pm

Earthcake wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:47 pm
Kaelang wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:27 pm
Earthcake wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm
And as you said, this no esport, why try to make it as time consuming to be good ? But for no reward, does it make any sense ?
Some people enjoy being competitive without needing rewards. People play League / DotA / CSGO / Valorant without making it pro - I'm pretty confident not everyone plays them games to be the next world champion team. People find fun in different things.
Yes, and they all definitly play RoR, ranked queue is always stacked
There will be unique rewards for ranked players.

kirraha

Post#43 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:11 pm

I stop do them due the amount of trash player. Just being honest, but tanks who refuse to guard, trash healer and even worse dps.
Ppl who want get carried for gear and some literally throwing don't belong in this kind of stuff. Imo ranked should be high demand on ppl and they must provide, not the other way.
It used be ok-ish, but not now. I won't do it as its been lately. It should contain higher quality players imo, not the opposite.

mekal

Post#44 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:41 pm

kirraha wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:11 pm I stop do them due the amount of trash player. Just being honest, but tanks who refuse to guard, trash healer and even worse dps.
Ppl who want get carried for gear and some literally throwing don't belong in this kind of stuff. Imo ranked should be high demand on ppl and they must provide, not the other way.
It used be ok-ish, but not now. I won't do it as its been lately. It should contain higher quality players imo, not the opposite.
Server pop cant support proper brackets so teams will always be mixed between good and bad players

Best thing that can happen IMO is faction mixing for ranked sure some skills will perform badly or even better due to class synergies but with such low pop its better than waiting 4h for one pop or vs full stacked team manipulating the que stystem

Kaelang

Post#45 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:15 pm

mekal wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:41 pm

Server pop cant support proper brackets so teams will always be mixed between good and bad players

Best thing that can happen IMO is faction mixing for ranked sure some skills will perform badly or even better due to class synergies but with such low pop its better than waiting 4h for one pop or vs full stacked team manipulating the que stystem

Actually faction mixing brings a wealth of issues and incredible detailed coding requirements. It's not quite that simple as spells are coded to work in a specific way checking variables such as race / class etc. It would need rewriting from the top down - not as easy as pressing a switch unfortunately - otherwise we'd have likely given it a whirl.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

mekal

Post#46 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:06 am

Kaelang wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:15 pm

Actually faction mixing brings a wealth of issues and incredible detailed coding requirements. It's not quite that simple as spells are coded to work in a specific way checking variables such as race / class etc. It would need rewriting from the top down - not as easy as pressing a switch unfortunately - otherwise we'd have likely given it a whirl.
thats a shame i have no idea how warhammer is coded but would have hoped it was something simple like in party checks

kirraha

Post#47 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:03 pm

kirraha wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:11 pm I stop do them due the amount of trash player. Just being honest, but tanks who refuse to guard, trash healer and even worse dps.

Also adding a 30 min punish for not joining a sc, or crashing or missing it cus you go pee. That is excellet way to make ppl stop que completely. I see they wanna solve ppl trolling or being bitchy, but again you make anothery way to punish normal decent ppl. AGAIN.

I would rather have the surrendervote deleted for normal scenario, cause whiny quitting ppl wanna end bad scs and just get chance to start new ones without even trying fight. It was imo another poor added thing to the game. Imo, if you wanna quit a sc, then leave the sc take the quitter punishment and stop queing.

Parallell86

Post#48 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:22 pm

All I heard is that the pretend-pro's are toxic people and quickly made people stop queue'ing ranked. I can see that. I quit League of Legends a decade ago because of the toxicity.

But for this game, vast majority of the server already despise the ranked scenarios or simply dont like it. How are you going to get the community back on it? If you spend all this time and energy perfecting something you should atleast know people will be playing the content.

In my opinion the triumphant/victorious sets may be good for some classes for mixture, while useless to others. They should be high-end scenario sets Invader/Warlord leveled.

If you wanna make them hard to get, make it warded by Oppressor. I can do regular scenarios. I won't deal with ranked community. It attracts pretender-pro's who cant see their own flaws, plays the blame game and creating bad atmosphere.

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#49 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Parallell86 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:22 pm All I heard is that the pretend-pro's are toxic people and quickly made people stop queue'ing ranked. I can see that. I quit League of Legends a decade ago because of the toxicity.
Feel free to report these players, after a few mutes and/or few days off the game they would chill out.

The game mode is competitive so heated discussions might occur, but if some players are going too far, then the GMs would be glad to make sure toxicity does not affect other players.

Strakar

Post#50 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:23 am

Ranked here is nowhere near as toxic as LOL. I couldn't play that either. It's frustrating when you get a dps WP, tank who doesn't punt, slayer who targets a BO for half the scenario, etc.. but you know what you get in solo queue. The changes hopefully bring some more activity. I agree it's a game mode that a pvp game should offer.